TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zimmerman was confused as to what arming yourself and stalking strangers does. But only one person is alive as a result of his negligence.

Same with this cop. When someone is backing away with their arms in the air, shooting them is murder. Regardless of what your blood pressure is, etc.
funny how you can present no evidence that that is what happened though. Yet you speak as if it is absolute fact and the entire story when it could even be part of the story

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
funny how you can present no evidence that that is what happened though. Yet you speak as if it is absolute fact and the entire story when it could even be part of the story

The evidence lies within multiple witness accounts corroborated together accurately. You think we can rely on the police to do an accurate investigation?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The evidence lies within multiple witness accounts corroborated together accurately. You think we can rely on the police to do an accurate investigation?

Is this the same quality of witness who heard wet grass during the zimmerman trial?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Eye witness accounts are only part of the story.

If the eye witness accounts are accurate, the forensic evidence should match up with what they state.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Multiple accounts help, but eyewitness testimony can actually be scary inaccurate. There has actually been a case where a rape victim identified the wrong attacker.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
multiple witnesses who said he was a gentle peaceful man? Yet that does not appear to be true from evidence. The credibility of those witnesses is in question so yeah proof is required. With all those witnesses yet not one pulled out a cellphone to record! amazing!

Others have pointed out eyewitness accounts can and often are wrong. Collaboration is not out of the question amongst witnesses either.

As to the question you asked at the end. I have no idea. However unlike you I am not prepared to judge and condemn people without sufficient evidence. Not all claims against the police turn out to be true yet you have a long history of supporting and automatically siding with any claims against police. I know there are rotten ones but they are a minority. Some say well the good majority should dob in the bad ones but in every workplace I have been in that has always been frowned upon. Only one person was happy to dob others in and even then that was for retribution.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
multiple witnesses who said he was a gentle peaceful man? Yet that does not appear to be true from evidence. The credibility of those witnesses is in question so yeah proof is required. With all those witnesses yet not one pulled out a cellphone to record! amazing!

Others have pointed out eyewitness accounts can and often are wrong. Collaboration is not out of the question amongst witnesses either.

As to the question you asked at the end. I have no idea. However unlike you I am not prepared to judge and condemn people without sufficient evidence. Not all claims against the police turn out to be true yet you have a long history of supporting and automatically siding with any claims against police. I know there are rotten ones but they are a minority. Some say well the good majority should dob in the bad ones but in every workplace I have been in that has always been frowned upon. Only one person was happy to dob others in and even then that was for retribution.

When it is multiple eye witnesses at corroborate the same evidence, it's insufficient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Multiple accounts help, but eyewitness testimony can actually be scary inaccurate. There has actually been a case where a rape victim identified the wrong attacker.
"A" case? There have been many such cases. Eye witness accounts are notoriously UNreliable. And some of those "accounts" are friends of his or people otherwise with extreme hatred of the cops down there. Gee it's not like they might lie or anything.

:doh:

There's simply no way to tell if the witnesses are mistaken/lying or the cops. All we really know about this right now is that the kid was shot down. Forensics are IMO the only hope of shedding any real light.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on the behavior of his community this 'kid' was an unruly, destructive, and dangerous person. What more evidence is required to exonerate the cop? :D

By your thinking, whatever a person did in the past, automatically makes them guilty for something that happens in the future. I know that makes it easy for you to judge, but each issue should be handled on it's own merits.

We need evidence and it will likely be the forensic evidence, that tells the story of whether the shooting was justified or not and that evidence, will have zero to do, with what the cop or the kid did before hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Forensics can't tell us if the shooting was justified in itself - frankly the more I think about it, the more I doubt this will ever be able to be known.

But hey, white guy shot black guy, so the cop MUST be guilty, right?

:doh:

With what they can glean from forensics today, the evidence could go a long way, to determine if eye witness accounts are accurate.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I doubt it. Forensics might be able to determine things like how far away he was when shot, the angle of the shot, stuff like that......but it can't give us the specifics of whether he resisted, tried to get the cop's gun etc. We'll see. But I think in the end it will be twisted to make the cop guilty whether he is or not to stop all the slimeballs from looting and rioting. Hey if OJ can get off for murder with a truckload of evidence making it so obvious he did it, why not? The race card is all-powerful.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I doubt it. Forensics might be able to determine things like how far away he was when shot, the angle of the shot, stuff like that......but it can't give us the specifics of whether he resisted, tried to get the cop's gun etc. We'll see. But I think in the end it will be twisted to make the cop guilty whether he is or not to stop all the slimeballs from looting and rioting. Hey if OJ can get off for murder with a truckload of evidence making it so obvious he did it, why not? The race card is all-powerful.

I don't think there will be any twisting, because too many eyes on this one and no one wants to end up looking like a fool, like the coroner ended up looking in the Zimmerman case.

You would be surprised what forensics and the autopsy can show. For instance, if Brown had his arms in the air as is being reported, the bullet path through his tissues would be different, than if his arms were down. Also, the officer supposedly had injuries. If these were inflicted by Brown, there is likely DNA evidence of this on his hands.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

A previously unnoticed detail in a background conversion of a video taken minutes after the Ferguson shooting could change the course of the investigation into Mike Brown’s death.
The original video poster appears sympathetic to the narrative that Mike Brown was shot unarmed with his hands in the air. But he unknowingly picks up conversation between a man who saw the altercation and another neighbor.

Upvote 0