What we all seek

What remains after we die?

Our money goes first,
perhaps fought over by our loving family,
or fame
if we have it is soon gone,
and if not what does it matter(?),
a picture in a book
or in many books means little when dead.

Perhaps it is the seeds planted in loving service,
giving life to others
producing much fruit,
is what remains.

For love is what we all seek
like plants rising up to the sun
seeking light and warmth.--Br.MD

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 6:19-21

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Anything done without God in it, only done to honour one's self or others. Will not last, and when God isn't given any honour in it, it will have no worth in God's eyes!

No matter how kind, no matter how thoughtful, if it is just meant for human gain alone, it won't have any of God's favour over it!

But anything done, giving God all honour and all glory in it! Remembering God in everything you do, and giving Him thanks!

This pleases Him! And this has worth in His eyes!

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Dohle
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What remains after we die?
Not much unless you build a pyramid or something long lasting. The main objective is to preserve our DNA, then we will have our relatives in Heaven. People that do not get married become aunts and uncles and preserve their DNA through their nephews and nieces. By helping them as much as they can.

Usually within 100 years most people are forgotten. I do not know my great great grandfather at all. My father told me a little bit about him and that is about all I know. He fought for the south during the war and that was what he wanted to be remembered for. Even though I was raised in the north.

Upvote 0