What ways do those who go to church encourage and have fellowship with single people in the church

PrincessofGod18

Apr 8, 2018
London
✟20,036.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey all

So from my other post i put about struggling going to church as a single person.

I like to know those who go to church, how you encourage and have fellowship with single people in the church?

I not saying church is a social club, but as a church of believers we need to have fellowship and encourage with one another not just on a Sunday.

Reactions: Sam91

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey all

So from my other post i put about struggling going to church as a single person.

I like to know those who go to church, how you encourage and have fellowship with single people in the church?

I not saying church is a social club, but as a church of believers we need to have fellowship and encourage with one another not just on a Sunday.

I extend invitations to them for social gatherings either in my home or at a restaurant....ask them to sit with me in church if they like, talk to them before
and after the church service, talk to them when we cross paths while out
shopping etc.
A single friend called me this morning to invite me to her birthday party and I accepted...and that's how I manage friendships with singles.

Reactions: Godcrazy
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all

This is a very difficult issue in Western culture. We, in general, are withdrawing (or hiding or being more private) from people more. It is because our feelings are more easily hurt by others than in the past. Many churches have Bible studies and/or gatherings just for singles. The problem I've seen is that no one wants to do the work to lead a singles-only <anything>. It's hard work, because there may not be much affirmation that you are doing a good thing. Few people may show up for years at a small or medium-sized church.

Don't be afraid of thinking of church as an avenue for socializing. It's the best place to find single Christians. You don't have to socialize at the church, although it tends to be the most convenient location. Anecdotally-speaking, free food will bring males to gatherings, which I have found to be somewhat true.

Someone can organize outings and invite each single person personally rather than issue the information about an outing—which is so easily ignored without really considering it. Regular two-way communication helps, because it results in a stronger sense of belonging. I have found that singles' group leaders soliciting ideas for outings to not work very well. The group leader needs to figure out events at least a few people would enjoy and just do it, and not care about who shows up and who doesn't. If the church will support singles events with money, it is much, much easier for the leader.

Do the best you can, but above all, in your heart turn over your whole social life to God's control, and start asking for what you want.

Upvote 0

PrincessofGod18

Apr 8, 2018
London
✟20,036.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It feels i stuck in the middle they have things organised for teenagers a youth event after Sunday for teens and a big event once a year for teens.

They do have younger adults come over america once a year for a week.

The thing is i only just felt like this, i been to the church for 2 years. But know i looking at the whole church and seeing what's happening. I find as a single christian going to church difficult especially with a church full of families and teens. (Don't get me wrong i think it's good that all these things are happening with families and teens).

But it could be 2 things why this maybe happening, God wants me to do something and is making me feel like this or the devil getting at me?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The effects of sin are mixed in with everything for us. The fruit of the Spirit shows us what comes from God (Galatians 5:22-23). One idea that came to mind is to do volunteer work where other Christians are doing volunteer work. Also, there's nothing wrong with looking for another church's singles group that meets regularly at other churches. Most singles groups I've been to have at least one person from another church.

Upvote 0