What was the strongest prayer you ever said?

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't use the word strongest but it could make for a better title. I'd call it a just short of a miracle, maybe intervention is a better descriptor. Nothing grandiose just the reaction of my die hard Atheist father to make fun of everything religious.

My aunt flew from Europe to visit us and since I lived in the city by the airport, I picked her up and my father and step mother arrived later. They had made some plans for all of us. However my aunt had stepped out for some fresh air to stretch her legs and wasn't aware that they would be late for an event that eludes my memory at this moment. So we all went out to search for her.

However just prior to looking for her, I offered a brief prayer while alone, that we would find her. When asked how did he find her, my dad and in his typical anti religious fashion made the remark, "It felt like the most holy Jesus appeared out of heaven, grabbed my head and turned it to focus on a the park bench where she was sitting." I had to inwardly laugh at the irony.

When I heard that remark I knew what happened and was rather surprised and thankful for how it all turned out.

Upvote 0

peregrinus2017

Jun 17, 2017
British Columbia
✟215,668.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can't say that a particular prayer was more powerful for me, but the few times when I have managed to pray with my whole heart, not in my normally distracted, double-minded way, then prayer has been truly effective.

Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The strongest prayer I ever said (so far as my ability to judge the matter is concerned) was the prayer I said before the experience that made me a Christian.

I won't go into too much detail but I was feeling spiritually confused and desperate and I begged God to send me some guidance (I specifically asked for a dream). That night I had a dream and a voice told me to seek answers in Christ and I became a Christian...

I can only imagine that God looked favourably on my sincere quest for truth and willingness to change my mind, because I was hopelessly lost at the time and deep in sin, and I am extremely thankful that I didn't become even more lost because I was not expressly praying to the Christian God, and could easily have been led further astray by my haphazard prayer...

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The strongest prayer I ever said.

I looked around and saw everyone praying for God to make their lives easier.

I said God I don't want to be like these people. My life is somewhat easy. Maybe too easy. I pray that you make my life harder.

And He did. I ended up working 14 to 18 hours a day. Almost every day. For awhile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What was the strongest prayer you ever said? What was the strongest words which you said to God, Jesus, Virgin Mary, angel or saint and did it helped you?
Probably the prayers prayed for the sick, or the departed, during the Holy Divine Liturgy at the time right before the offering of the gifts, and these are often times prayers being offered by more than one Orthodox believer with great faith. Such prayers have the power to effect miraculous healing, even of terminal illnesses. We've seen its fruits.

Upvote 0