Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are we to assume that man was first developed without consciousnesses, morality, etc.

Morality is a language construct, ditto with consciousness.

that he had to learn these things? I am looking at the capacity to have these--not how they may have developed.

What about the capacity?

What was the starting material for these? Why don't the animals that man evolved from show this progression too?

Language, emotions, and social interaction. Emotions and social interactions are present in animals as well a primitive system of body language.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No one ever will...

Of course not, ToE tells us why.

We share a common designer...

Yes, natural selection

Mutating from what to what...?

2 separate chromosomes fusing into one

The fossil record shows life burst onto the scene fully formed.

What do you mean "fully formed"? Just tap the lump above your bum to feel a biological redundancy.

Further, the late heavy bombardment has life being exterminated and repeatedly beginning quickly numerous times, each time being fully formed...the exact opposite of what evolution would predict.

I got a sneaking suspicion your expecting something like 'half-eye', or 'half-hand'. Sry, no. Evolution doesnt work that way. Its merely a slight modification of a current species that builds up over time resulting in speciation. The Fossil record, as well as experiments in the lab have provided overwhelming evidence to attest to this.

We would predict that a single designer would use the same materials in His design.

This is what we find in the fossil record.

As well as a lot of redundancy.

The fact that mutations occur and some micro evolution, does not change the cold hard fact that species are still separate from each other, after their own kind, just as stated in the Holy Bible.

Define "kind".

Common ancestor...or common designer...?

Ancestor as we have the transitional fossils.

Common designer...

Nope. We have the fossils, we win.

Perhaps you should correct the fallacy youve tethered yourself too
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dm277H3ot6Y

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
I got a sneaking suspicion your expecting something like 'half-eye', or 'half-hand'. Sry, no. Evolution doesnt work that way.

Evolution doesn't work, period.

Its merely a slight modification of a current species that builds up over time resulting in speciation.

How much time?

The Fossil record, as well as experiments in the lab have provided overwhelming evidence to attest to this.

Google these "lab experiments" for us...

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Could you please provide a Koranic passage which supports this Islamic theology....thanks...:)

Here it is:
Surah 2. The Cow
30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
I see someone is committed to plugging his fingers in his ears, and ignoring the obvious.

It is little wonder that talkorigins is a dead website.

Alot has changed in a decade.

The old paradigms have been crushed.

The old darwinism mindset is bust....and now is only held by the ignorant.

Your so-called googled "evidences" have been abandoned with the 20th century.

Why not google us something recent...that "supports" your position...;)

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is little wonder that talkorigins is a dead website.

Alot has changed in a decade.

The old paradigms have been crushed.

The old darwinism mindset is bust....and now is only held by the ignorant.

Shame noone has told scientists in biology about this.

Your so-called googled "evidences" have been abandoned with the 20th century.

Good. I assume such a bold statement can be confirmed by evolution being discredited in scientific journals.

Why not google us something recent...that "supports" your position...;)

Why? Have you found scientific journals that discredit what Ive posted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
To ApplePie7 from dnihila:
This is what you mentioned in one of your posts:
إن شانئك هو الأبتر
Inna shani-aka huwa al-abtar
108.3 Truly your hater and enemy, he, the serpent.
Surah 108. Abundance, Plenty

1. To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance).
2. Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice. 3. For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).
See the underlined line. This is the true translation for the verse.
So, I may ask you to check your resources before you mention any. And I don't think that the reader is so stupid to believe anyone without going back to the real resources.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Take a look at this evidence...

Finally, and most important, the root “ilaha” (the very origin of the word “allah” itself) means” the serpent; or the great serpent”

It is crystal clear, from the very etymology of the word “allah” itself, that this is a description of Satan, himself.

You know what! Sometimes, I feel that your responses are like a group of people writing the same post. Because your answers are contradictory. Here you are saying that Allah ( the Almighty) is a serpent and in another line you are saying that prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) is Jesus ( peace be upon him) and at the end you are saying that Allah ( The Great ) is Jesus and the Holy Quran is a translation of Judasim and Christianity.
So, after reading all your posts I came to a conclusion that you are not with any Holy religion neither Islam nor Christianity or Judasim.
And you are trying to convince us of your religion of worshipping satan by filling your hopes in the words of Allah/God.
This conclusion came after noticing the times of mentioning the word serpent in many times. And because of deceptiveness, you can't say directly that Allah/God ( the Almighty ) and Jesus ( peace be upon him) are serpents cause you are pretending to be Christian and you are not.
Any clever reader will notice this. How you gathered all the Holy religions in a way to say that they are fake and we are worshipping the devil instead of Allah/God in a way to mix poision with honey to poision us with your thoughts that we should worship the devil.
Any faithful Muslim, Christian or Jewish will notice this after reading your posts.
And they will notice that you are trying to seperate us apart cause you are so afraid of us being together and you will lose the chance of inviting people to your religion of worshipping the devil.
You didn't give me any answer about Christianity or even Judasim which shows that you know nothing about them and you are an enemy of the 3 Holy religions.
If you are not so sure of your path why do you invite us to join it?
If you are not so proud of it to reveal what it is, why do you hide then?

The funny thing is that some people are trying hard to hide the sun with their hands but they cant cause it is the Light of Allah/God.
Read your own responses in red to see how contradictory they are.

It is little wonder that the “allah” of the Koran is incapable of the following…

• Unable to state in the first-person singular that he created anything
  • Unable to state in the first-person singular that he is the First and the Last
  • Unable to state anywhere in the entire Koran that it is divinely inspired
Clearly…

The Triune Creator God of the Holy Bible is the true God.

Jesus Christ is the one true God.

The god of the Koran is no more than a pagan Arab god dressed-up to look like the Biblical God.

“Allah”, as the great serpent, is expressed here rather dramatically…

See how you made the a of allah into upper case A when it came to serpents???

إن شانئك هو الأبتر

Inna shani-aka huwa al-abtaru

The authors of the Koran state quite clearly that Jesus Christ is God.

The Koranic "Muhammad" refers to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

How stupid the enemies of Allah/God and how weak they are. And it is not about who wins and who loses but it is about all of the followers of the three Holy religions getting together and fighting their enemy for the sake of Allah/God.
And I am laughing cause what Allah/God said is true:
Surah 9. Repentance, Dispensation

32. Fain would they extinguish Allah.s light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
Surah 8. Spoils Of War, Booty

30. Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.

Thank You Allah/God:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
It is good that you are looking to Biblical texts in your search for truth.
I thank Allah/God that I was born a Muslim having the truth since I was a child and looking for my brothers and sisters to be one unit of power and truth.

Genesis is a great place to start.

You will notice that the Hebrew word used for God in this verse is “Elohim”…..not “allah”.
Because they are different languages and even though they sound the same.
Further, “Elohim” is plural, not singular.
Would you please mention some verses from Moses Law as an evidence.

Hence, from the very first verse, in the very first book of the Holy Bible, we are told that the creator God of the Universe is plural in nature.

Does this sound like your “allah”?

Allah is different than allah. Cause Allah is a God and He is not plural.
Is your “allah” plural?
Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; 4. And there is none like unto Him.

Further, don’t be afraid to show some context…

“Day” One: Genesis 1:1 – 1:5

In the beginningcreated God the heavens and the earth; and the earth was without form and empty, and darkness on the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was brooding on the face of the waters. Then said God, Let be light and was light. And saw God the light that good (it was) and separated God between the light and the darkness. And called God the light Day. And the darkness He called Night; and was the mixing and was the breaking forth time one.

1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
He Allah/God himself said I. He didn't say We.

And if you are saying that Allah/God is saying We. It doesn't mean that He is more than One. It is to show that the speaker is not the prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) this is the only way in Arabic language to understand that the speaker is not Muhammed ( peace be upon him).
Read the following:
Surah 2. The Cow

21. O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;
22. Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith Fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth).
23. And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.

If you notice in the first verse that Allah/God istalking to people in Muhammed's tongue. Because what will the people do if they heard the word adore us. They will say that Muhammed is asking people to worship him???

Genesis creation “day 1” states that God is plural….i.e. He has a Spirit, and a Word with which He creates.

1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Surah 66. Banning, Prohibition

12. And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
Surah 19. Mary

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
18. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to ((Allah)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."
19. He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
In Arabic it doesn't say holy but it says pure of sins and so again a problem of translation.
20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21. He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter decreed."
1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
The angel who is the Holy Spirit is talking to Mary about Allah/God and the angel didn't say We.

1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
1:29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

In both Holy Books they didn't say that Allah/God is not One. But the ones who added their spices forgot that the spices are not matching the dish. How dare peopel change the word of Allah/God???

Since you want this Biblical verse to apply to your “allah”, then you have no choice to believe that “allah” is also plural in nature and that he has a Spirit and a Word that he uses to create.

No Holy religion asked its followers to believe in this idea but it is people who want us to follow the path of the devil.

To Be Continued

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
To ApplePie7 from dnihila:
This is what you mentioned in one of your posts:
إن شانئك هو الأبتر
Inna shani-aka huwa al-abtar
Surah 108. Abundance, Plenty

1. To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance).
2. Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice. 3. For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).
See the underlined line. This is the true translation for the verse.
So, I may ask you to check your resources before you mention any. And I don't think that the reader is so stupid to believe anyone without going back to the real resources.

إن شانئك هو الأبتر

Defining the terms…

إن= “inna”

“inna” definition:

One of the particles which annul the quality of the inchoative: it is a corroborative particle, corroborating the predicate; governing the subject in the accusative case and the predicate in the nominative case; and may generally be rendered by verily, or certainly, or the like; exactly agreeing with the Greek “hoti”, as used in Luke 7.16 and in many other passages in the New Testament; though it often seems to be nothing more than a sign of inception, which can hardly be rendered at all in English; unless in pronunciation, by laying stress upon the predicate, or upon the copula. It must be used when it occurs inceptively, having nothing before it upon which is syntactically dependent, with respect to the wording or meaning. Introduces the subject.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 103 – 111
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 285
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 35

Introducing the first attribute of the subject…

شانئ= “shani”

“shani” definition:

Active participle, masculine singular. One who hates. Hating, or a hater, and an enemy. Insulter, enemy, foe, adversary, antagonist.

شانئك= “shani” + “aka” = “shani-aka” = your hater and enemy

It comes from the root “shana’a” (shiin-nun-alif), which means he hated him: he hated him vehemently; to hate, loathe.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume four, pp. 1603 - 1604
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 283; 298 - 299
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 79
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 103

Occurrences of “shani-aka” in the Koran: 1

Occurrences of the root “shana’a” and its two derivatives in the Koran: 3
Locations: 5.2, 5.8, 108.3

Observe the Koranic usages…

• 5.2…“shanaanu”…hatred/commit sin
  • 5.8…“shanaanu”…hatred/commit sin

Introducing the second attribute of the subject…

هو = “huwa”

“huwa” definition:

He; it. It is an indeclinable personal pronoun of the third person, masculine singular.

References:
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 54
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 596
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 155

And finally, the subject of this ayah…

أبتر= “abtaru”

“abtaru” definition:

2nd declension, masculine noun. Without offspring or progeny; childless; bob; one without issue; one in want; poor; defective; imperfect; one from whom all good is cut off. A tail cut off entirely. Any beast having the tail cut off: or having either the whole or a part of the tail cut off; having the tail cut, or amputated, in any place. A certain malignant, or noxious serpent: or a short-tailed serpent: or a certain species of blue serpent, having its tail (as it were) cut off, which none in the state of pregnancy sees without casting her burden: or the kind of serpent having a short tail: no one sees it without fleeing from it, and no one in a state of pregnancy beholds it without casting her young: it is thus called only because of the shortness of its tail, as though its tail were cut off. A leathern water-bag, and a bucket, having no loop. Defective, deficient, incomplete, or imperfect. In want, poor. Suffering loss. One from whom all good, or prosperity, is cut off. Having no offspring, or progeny. Anything cut off, or anything of which the effect is cut off, from good, or prosperity.

الأبتر= “al” + “abtaru” = “al-abtaru” = the serpent

It comes from the root “batara” (ba-ta-ra), which means he cut, or cut off, a thing before it was complete: or he cut, or cut off, in any manner: or he cut off (a tail or the like) entirely, or utterly. He (any beast) had his tail cut off: or had either the whole or part of his tail cut off; had his tail cut, or amputated, in any place: to cut off the tail, curtail, bobtail.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, p. 149
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 41
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 14
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 27

Occurrences of “al-abtaru” in the Koran: 1

Occurrences of the root “batara” and its one derivative in the Koran: 1

Summary of 108.3:

• In Revelation chapter 12, John is shown a vision in heaven of a pregnant female (gune) about to bear a Son, the male (arsen)
  • This Son is the Shepherd for the nations, and He is brought to God and to His singular (autos) throne.
  • This Son is none other than Jesus Christ, God incarnate, brought forth through mankind
  • John tells us that a Dragon “drakon” has been cast from Heaven and stands before the pregnant female
  • The classic definition tells us that the genitive masculine noun, “drakon”, is a huge and fabulous kind of serpent
  • Chapter 12 further informs us that this huge serpent is also called the Devil, Satan, and the Serpent (ophis), and that these terms are used interchangeably
  • The classic definition for the genitive masculine noun, “ophis”, also relates to us a serpent; an artful malicious person; and is metaphorically used for evil character
  • This serpent is also said to have great anger (thumos) related to the female and all of her offspring, for his time is short
  • The serpents rage is directed towards the followers of God (Theos) and Jesus (Iesous)
  • Revelation informs us that the great serpent can be overcome through the Blood of the Lamb (i.e. Jesus)
  • We are also told that the female flees from the serpent, into the wilderness
  • Thus, we have Revelation chapter 12 describing this…
  • A serpent
  • Cast from Heaven
  • Cut off from all good
  • His tail draws a third of the stars
  • He is the hater and enemy of those following God & Jesus
  • He stands before a pregnant female as she is about to give birth
  • The female gives birth
  • The female flees from the serpent
  • His time is short
  • 108.3 introduces to us a new subject matter by initiating the ayah with the particle “inna”, indicating that a new inception is about to begin, separating itself from the two ayahs preceding it; 108.2, in which the Lord Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb, and before that, in 108.1, in which Jesus is declared as the giver of the River of Life in Paradise
  • This new description begins by declaring the attribute of “your enemy and hater” (shani-aka)
  • “Shani” is a masculine singular participle that gives description to a single entity
  • The suffix “aka” tells us that this “singular enemy and hater” directs his foulness towards many (i.e. mankind)
  • 108.3, once again confirms, via the usage of the masculine singular personal pronoun (huwa), that this description applies to a single entity
  • This singular entity, and the subject of this ayah, is “al-abtaru”
  • All of these attributes are being applied to “the serpent” (al-abtaru), which only occurs this one single time in the Koran
  • Following with the description found in Revelation, the classic definition for “abtaru” informs us that this is no ordinary serpent - but a certain malignant, or noxious serpent
  • A serpent which none in the state of pregnancy sees without casting her burden
  • A serpent in which no one sees it without fleeing from it
  • The masculine noun “abtaru” also carries with it the meaning “one from whom all good is cut off” and the term “bob”, which means short
  • Just as in Revelation, we are told that a Serpent is before a pregnant female as she is about to give birth
  • Thus, following the pattern set forth in Revelation, the “Your” in 108.3 can thus only be related to the followers of God and Jesus
  • Not the followers of “allah”
  • But the followers of the one true God (Theos) & Jesus (Iesous)
  • Thus, we have 108.3 describing the same things as in Revelation chapter 12, as thus…
  • A serpent
  • Cut off from all good
  • His tail is partial
  • He is “your” hater and enemy
  • He stands before a pregnant female as she is about to give birth
  • The female gives birth
  • The female flees from the serpent
  • Related to shortness

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
Genesis is a great place to start.

You will notice that the Hebrew word used for God in this verse is “Elohim”…..not “allah”.
Because they are different languages and even though they sound the same.

What?

Further, “Elohim” is plural, not singular.
Would you please mention some verses from Moses Law as an evidence.

Any Biblical Hebrew Lexicon will show you that "Elohim" is plural.

This is fact.

Thus, if you want to somehow think that your "allah" fits this bill, then you will have to make "him" plural.

Hence, from the very first verse, in the very first book of the Holy Bible, we are told that the creator God of the Universe is plural in nature.

Does this sound like your “allah”?

Allah is different than allah. Cause Allah is a God and He is not plural.

From the very first verse in the Holy Bible, we can tell that the pagan Arab god "allah" is not the true Biblical creator God of the Holy Bible.

The authors of the Koran knew this...and they made sure that "allah" was impotent in creation power.

Time for you to re-evaluate the islamic paradigm...

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Shame noone has told scientists in biology about this.

Good. I assume such a bold statement can be confirmed by evolution being discredited in scientific journals.

Why? Have you found scientific journals that discredit what Ive posted?

Bump. I noticed you have no responce to this Apple Pie. Is this because you missed this post? Or is this because you choose to ignore it because you have no rational grounds for your position?

I noticed that you find talkorigins suspect bcause it was written 13 years ago. Is this a standard that you always apply? Or is it a standard that you apply sometimes, when you want, only if it supports your position?

Are you aware that your myth of prefrence was written thousands of years ago?

It just so happens that macro evolution is a fact. Specation has been observed.

You can choose to ignore this fact if you wish. A belief that is contrary to observable fact is called delusion, in case you didn't know. Delusion is not a good thing.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
إن شانئك هو الأبتر

I am wondering why you add u at the end of the verse in the word al-abtar we read it without adding the u sound because it is at the end of the verse. This is a rule we follow in reading all the verses and that's why thoses verses are divided.

Defining the terms…

إن= “inna”

“inna” definition:

One of the particles which annul the quality of the inchoative: it is a corroborative particle, corroborating the predicate; governing the subject in the accusative case and the predicate in the nominative case; and may generally be rendered by verily, or certainly, or the like; exactly agreeing with the Greek “hoti”, as used in Luke 7.16 and in many other passages in the New Testament; though it often seems to be nothing more than a sign of inception, which can hardly be rendered at all in English; unless in pronunciation, by laying stress upon the predicate, or upon the copula. It must be used when it occurs inceptively, having nothing before it upon which is syntactically dependent, with respect to the wording or meaning. Introduces the subject.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 103 – 111
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 285
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 35

Introducing the first attribute of the subject…

شانئ= “shani”

“shani” definition:

Active participle, masculine singular. One who hates. Hating, or a hater, and an enemy. Insulter, enemy, foe, adversary, antagonist.

شانئك= “shani” + “aka” = “shani-aka” = your hater and enemy

It comes from the root “shana’a” (shiin-nun-alif), which means he hated him: he hated him vehemently; to hate, loathe.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume four, pp. 1603 - 1604
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 283; 298 - 299
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 79
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 103

Occurrences of “shani-aka” in the Koran: 1

Occurrences of the root “shana’a” and its two derivatives in the Koran: 3
Locations: 5.2, 5.8, 108.3

Observe the Koranic usages…

• 5.2…“shanaanu”…hatred/commit sin
  • 5.8…“shanaanu”…hatred/commit sin

Introducing the second attribute of the subject…

هو = “huwa”

“huwa” definition:

He; it. It is an indeclinable personal pronoun of the third person, masculine singular.

References:
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 54
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 596
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 155

And finally, the subject of this ayah…

أبتر= “abtaru”

“abtaru” definition:

2nd declension, masculine noun. Without offspring or progeny; childless; bob; one without issue; one in want; poor; defective; imperfect; one from whom all good is cut off. (A tail cut off entirely. Any beast having the tail cut off: or having either the whole or a part of the tail cut off; having the tail cut, or amputated, in any place. A certain malignant, or noxious serpent: or a short-tailed serpent: or a certain species of blue serpent, having its tail (as it were) cut off, which none in the state of pregnancy sees without casting her burden: or the kind of serpent having a short tail: no one sees it without fleeing from it, and no one in a state of pregnancy beholds it without casting her young: it is thus called only because of the shortness of its tail, as though its tail were cut off. A leathern water-bag, and a bucket, having no loop. Defective, deficient, incomplete, or imperfect. In want, poor. Suffering loss. One from whom all good, or prosperity, is cut off. Having no offspring, or progeny. Anything cut off, or anything of which the effect is cut off, from good, or prosperity.)

الأبتر= “al” + “abtaru” = “al-abtaru” = the serpent

It comes from the root “batara” (ba-ta-ra), which means he cut, or cut off, a thing before it was complete: or he cut, or cut off, in any manner: or he cut off (a tail or the like) entirely, or utterly. He (any beast) had his tail cut off: or had either the whole or part of his tail cut off; had his tail cut, or amputated, in any place: to cut off the tail, curtail, bobtail.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, p. 149
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 41
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 14
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 27

Occurrences of “al-abtaru” in the Koran: 1

Occurrences of the root “batara” and its one derivative in the Koran: 1

Summary of 108.3:

• In Revelation chapter 12, John is shown a vision in heaven of a pregnant female (gune) about to bear a Son, the male (arsen)
  • This Son is the Shepherd for the nations, and He is brought to God and to His singular (autos) throne.
  • This Son is none other than Jesus Christ, God incarnate, brought forth through mankind
  • John tells us that a Dragon “drakon” has been cast from Heaven and stands before the pregnant female
  • The classic definition tells us that the genitive masculine noun, “drakon”, is a huge and fabulous kind of serpent
  • Chapter 12 further informs us that this huge serpent is also called the Devil, Satan, and the Serpent (ophis), and that these terms are used interchangeably
  • The classic definition for the genitive masculine noun, “ophis”, also relates to us a serpent; an artful malicious person; and is metaphorically used for evil character
  • This serpent is also said to have great anger (thumos) related to the female and all of her offspring, for his time is short
  • The serpents rage is directed towards the followers of God (Theos) and Jesus (Iesous)
  • Revelation informs us that the great serpent can be overcome through the Blood of the Lamb (i.e. Jesus)
  • We are also told that the female flees from the serpent, into the wilderness
  • Thus, we have Revelation chapter 12 describing this…
I knew that there were a mistake somewhere and I found plenty.
First, the explanation of the animal without a tail is mentioned in another branch of Islam which is not a Sunni branch.
Second, I found the word servant of the Lord in the explanations and not Serpent.
You may have a look at the following posts.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This is one explanation:
http://www.aaiil.org/text/hq/comm/bash/ch108.shtml
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Surely We have given thee abundance of good.
So pray to thy Lord and sacrifice.
Surely thy enemy is cut off (from good).

This chapter, Al Kauthar (Abundance of Good) was revealed at Makkah and it is the shortest chapter of the Holy Qur’an. However, the Holy Qur’an had already issued a challenge to the whole world as regards its uniqueness in eloquence and elegance of language, and this had aroused bitter feelings of jealousy and frustration in the hearts of the Makkan leaders. When this chapter was revealed it was hung up in the Ka‘bah and this action was considered a challenge to the whole country. Whereupon the Arabs, who prided themselves on the beauty and style of their diction, were inflamed, and so they sought out a poet who was unsurpassed in eloquence and fluency of language, in order for him to compose a reply to this chapter. He came and read the chapter and left quickly saying: "This is not the word of man." This chapter has wonderfully summarised the essence of religion in a single verse, and this same verse embraces every means of attaining Allah’s pleasure and gaining self-perfection in a statement that is so exquisite, delicate, subtle and comprehensive, that it is beyond man’s ability to describe its sublimity.
Inna a‘tainakal kauthar
Surely We have given thee abundance of good
Kauthar means abundance of everything, and here it means abundance of good things. This chapter was revealed at a time when our Holy Prophet (pbuh) was most helpless and powerless. A storm of opposition was raging on all sides, every kind of persecution was being meted out to him and the hope of success in his mission was non-existent. In fact, if one considered his material resources, then the picture was even gloomier – failure seemed to stare him on all sides. But it was at this time of despair that the Heavenly Voice was heard saying: We have given thee abundance of good.
In this verse the news of abundant good was given with great force and certainty, and world events have borne out the truth of this statement. If we study carefully the history of the world, we shall see that as regards abundance of good things, Allah’s favours to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) were so complete that nothing was left out – worldly and religious favours, heavenly and earthly blessings of the highest rank and to the greatest measure; in addition, power and kingdom, followers and community, honour and renown, nobility and culture, high morals and perfect spiritual blessings flowing from his prophethood till the Day of Resurrection – all these and more were bestowed on him to the highest degree and to the greatest measure as were not granted to any mortal before or after.
This prophecy, which was given at a time when the Holy Prophet was in a most helpless, powerless and forlorn position, was fulfilled with such splendour and magnificence that even the enemies of Islam cannot help but acknowledge its veracity. Accordingly, in the Encyclopaedia Britannica it is written:
"Of all religious personalities Muhammad, the Arab, was the most successful."
History is witness to this truth and no one can deny these historical facts. And what he received in this world is nothing compared to what is in store for him in the life hereafter.
Fa salli li Rabbika wanhar
So pray to thy Lord and sacrifice
The whole religion is encapsulated in this one verse. If a person acts according to this verse, he is putting the whole religion into practice. We are told to pray to our Lord and make sacrifices for His sake. To live in accordance with the religion, or, to forge a relationship with Allah and win His pleasure, there are only two ways open to us – worship and good deeds.
Firstly, let us take worship. The essence of worship is du‘a (supplication) as the Hadith [SIZE=-1](sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad [pbuh])[/SIZE] tells us, and the highest form of du‘a is salah (formal prayer) through which a person can confess his servitude to Allah, and seek His aid and assistance in helping him to obey Him with total obedience in the doing of good deeds.
Secondly, sacrifice is the ultimate in good actions - that is, to reach that point of perfection where a person can give up everything for the sake of Allah – his possessions, his deepest attachments, his ego and all his desires and ambitions.
Prayer and sacrifice are so intricately bound that without sacrifice, prayer cannot be perfected, neither can sacrifice be complete without prayer to Allah for His help and assistance. We shall examine the two aspects.
(i) To achieve perfection in prayer, first of all one’s intention must be solely for the sake of Allah, after which connection with everything else besides Him must be completely severed – be it possessions, or pleasures, hopes, egoism, desires or ambitions. At the time of prayer, the pronouncement of the first takbir (pronouncement of Allah is the Greatest), called the takbir tahrimah [SIZE=-1](click here to listen to it in RealAudio)[/SIZE], must be like the cutting of the neck of an animal in sacrifice. Then this sacrifice will give rise to the cutting off of relationship from everything worldly and turning wholly and solely to Allah. This, in turn, will lead to the perfection of prayer and the fulfilment of the Holy Prophet’s statement: As-salatu mi‘rajul mu’minin (Prayer is the ascension of the believers). Thus the command to perform prayer and to sacrifice points to the fact that prayer is perfected when a person reaches the stage where at the moment when he makes his intention and pronounces the first takbir, he has already cut off connection with everything except Allah. (ii) Similarly, the order to sacrifice, that is, to sacrifice oneself from all personal desires and possessions, cannot reach perfection unless Allah’s help is sought and so it is necessary for man to make supplication in his prayer and beseech Allah for His help in making his actions attain that supreme rank of sacrifice.
Now there are two aspects to good deeds: firstly, respect for, and obedience to the commands of Allah and secondly, kindness to the creation of Allah. Neither can be fulfilled without sacrifice, for in both cases sacrifice of personal desires, ambitions, hopes and possessions are called for, and further, this sacrifice must be performed for the sake of Allah and Allah alone. For example, if a person should do a good deed to another, his intention must not be to get something in return, but it must be done solely for the pleasure of Allah. Similarly, if he practises obedience to any of Allah’s commands, again it must be done only to please Allah and not for show or for name and fame or for any ulterior personal motive. That is why when the command to pray and sacrifice was given, the words li Rabbika (for the sake of thy Lord) were added – they must be done specifically for the sake of Allah and for no other reason.
When man reaches this stage of sacrifice, which is the farthest limit of obedience to Allah, then his personality is dyed with the Oneness of Allah, and that is the utmost limit in the perfection of man’s actions. To achieve this, man must seek the aid and succour of Allah, that is, prayer is imperative. It was for this reason that the command was given to man that if he wishes to receive the bounties of al kauthar, and to become the inheritor of abundant goodness, he must pray and sacrifice also. Obedience to Allah should reach perfection through worship and sacrifice. Thus, this is the perfection in religion to which man is bound and if he follows it, then Allah, Most High, is pleased and bestows on him the blessings of al kauthar (abundance of good).
Inna shani’aka huwal abtar
Surely thy enemy is cut off from good
Abtar refers to a person who has no descendant, and so remembrance of him is cut off from the world. The unbelievers thought that as the Holy Prophet (pbuh) had no male offspring, as soon as he died, he would be completely forgotten. They were told that it was their remembrance that would be obliterated and that they should know that Allah, Most High, had made the Holy Prophet (pbuh) the inheritor of an abundance of good things - that he would be blessed with progeny and faithful followers, and physical and spiritual favour to a degree unprecedented in the history of the world; the chain of his spiritual progeny would extend to the Day of Resurrection, but no trace of his enemies names would remain.
It is a fact that when a servant sacrifices everything for his Lord – his own self, and all his hopes and ambitions, and his possessions and all his expectations solely for the pleasure and the obedience of his Lord, then Allah, Most High, comes to his assistance and destroys anyone who is an impediment in the way of the servant’s goals and advancement, and effaces their evil designs. Just as the servant sacrifices everything that is a stumbling block in the way of obedience to his Lord and seeking His pleasure, in like measure, his Lord removes every obstacle that stands in the path of the servant’s ambitions and progress. In other words, Allah’s actions correspond with those of the servant.
If anyone is in doubt about that, then let him look at the Holy Prophet (pbuh) whose life was the perfect manifestation of the Qur’anic verse: My prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are surely for Allah, the Lord of the worlds (6:163) and whose prayer and sacrifice reached the zenith of perfection, and see how he became heir to an abundance of all good things, whilst his enemies became extinct and no mention of them remains in the world. Today the number of those who would sacrifice their lives for the name of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) runs into millions, and the number of spiritual descendants with which Allah has blessed him cannot be found in any nation on earth. In the history of the world, other nations never possessed even one hundredth of the number of righteous servants, saints, abdals, qutbs, mujaddids (Reformers), religious scholars, inheritors of prophetic blessings and devoted followers that are to be found in his community. The stream of good things in abundance has not dried up, but will flow until the Day of Resurrection, and if Allah wills, its current will become stronger and stronger in this world as well as in the Hereafter.
Further, every member of his ummah (community) who performs prayer and sacrifice in the manner explained above will partake of this kauthar (abundance of good), now and in the future, in proportion to his capability and the degree of his worship and sacrifice, whilst destruction is the lot of his enemy, now and in the Hereafter. Again, blessed is he who shares in this kauthar which Allah, Most High, gave to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and by following whom every member of his ummah can and will partake to the extent of his capacity and good deeds.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This is one explanation:
http://www.aaiil.org/text/hq/comm/bash/ch108.shtml
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Surely We have given thee abundance of good.
So pray to thy Lord and sacrifice.
Surely thy enemy is cut off (from good).

This chapter, Al Kauthar (Abundance of Good) was revealed at Makkah and it is the shortest chapter of the Holy Qur’an. However, the Holy Qur’an had already issued a challenge to the whole world as regards its uniqueness in eloquence and elegance of language, and this had aroused bitter feelings of jealousy and frustration in the hearts of the Makkan leaders. When this chapter was revealed it was hung up in the Ka‘bah and this action was considered a challenge to the whole country. Whereupon the Arabs, who prided themselves on the beauty and style of their diction, were inflamed, and so they sought out a poet who was unsurpassed in eloquence and fluency of language, in order for him to compose a reply to this chapter. He came and read the chapter and left quickly saying: "This is not the word of man." This chapter has wonderfully summarised the essence of religion in a single verse, and this same verse embraces every means of attaining Allah’s pleasure and gaining self-perfection in a statement that is so exquisite, delicate, subtle and comprehensive, that it is beyond man’s ability to describe its sublimity.
Inna a‘tainakal kauthar
Surely We have given thee abundance of good
Kauthar means abundance of everything, and here it means abundance of good things. This chapter was revealed at a time when our Holy Prophet (pbuh) was most helpless and powerless. A storm of opposition was raging on all sides, every kind of persecution was being meted out to him and the hope of success in his mission was non-existent. In fact, if one considered his material resources, then the picture was even gloomier – failure seemed to stare him on all sides. But it was at this time of despair that the Heavenly Voice was heard saying: We have given thee abundance of good.
In this verse the news of abundant good was given with great force and certainty, and world events have borne out the truth of this statement. If we study carefully the history of the world, we shall see that as regards abundance of good things, Allah’s favours to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) were so complete that nothing was left out – worldly and religious favours, heavenly and earthly blessings of the highest rank and to the greatest measure; in addition, power and kingdom, followers and community, honour and renown, nobility and culture, high morals and perfect spiritual blessings flowing from his prophethood till the Day of Resurrection – all these and more were bestowed on him to the highest degree and to the greatest measure as were not granted to any mortal before or after.
This prophecy, which was given at a time when the Holy Prophet was in a most helpless, powerless and forlorn position, was fulfilled with such splendour and magnificence that even the enemies of Islam cannot help but acknowledge its veracity. Accordingly, in the Encyclopaedia Britannica it is written:
"Of all religious personalities Muhammad, the Arab, was the most successful."
History is witness to this truth and no one can deny these historical facts. And what he received in this world is nothing compared to what is in store for him in the life hereafter.
Fa salli li Rabbika wanhar
So pray to thy Lord and sacrifice
The whole religion is encapsulated in this one verse. If a person acts according to this verse, he is putting the whole religion into practice. We are told to pray to our Lord and make sacrifices for His sake. To live in accordance with the religion, or, to forge a relationship with Allah and win His pleasure, there are only two ways open to us – worship and good deeds.
Firstly, let us take worship. The essence of worship is du‘a (supplication) as the Hadith [SIZE=-1](sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad [pbuh])[/SIZE] tells us, and the highest form of du‘a is salah (formal prayer) through which a person can confess his servitude to Allah, and seek His aid and assistance in helping him to obey Him with total obedience in the doing of good deeds.
Secondly, sacrifice is the ultimate in good actions - that is, to reach that point of perfection where a person can give up everything for the sake of Allah – his possessions, his deepest attachments, his ego and all his desires and ambitions.
Prayer and sacrifice are so intricately bound that without sacrifice, prayer cannot be perfected, neither can sacrifice be complete without prayer to Allah for His help and assistance. We shall examine the two aspects.
(i) To achieve perfection in prayer, first of all one’s intention must be solely for the sake of Allah, after which connection with everything else besides Him must be completely severed – be it possessions, or pleasures, hopes, egoism, desires or ambitions. At the time of prayer, the pronouncement of the first takbir (pronouncement of Allah is the Greatest), called the takbir tahrimah [SIZE=-1](click here to listen to it in RealAudio)[/SIZE], must be like the cutting of the neck of an animal in sacrifice. Then this sacrifice will give rise to the cutting off of relationship from everything worldly and turning wholly and solely to Allah. This, in turn, will lead to the perfection of prayer and the fulfilment of the Holy Prophet’s statement: As-salatu mi‘rajul mu’minin (Prayer is the ascension of the believers). Thus the command to perform prayer and to sacrifice points to the fact that prayer is perfected when a person reaches the stage where at the moment when he makes his intention and pronounces the first takbir, he has already cut off connection with everything except Allah. (ii) Similarly, the order to sacrifice, that is, to sacrifice oneself from all personal desires and possessions, cannot reach perfection unless Allah’s help is sought and so it is necessary for man to make supplication in his prayer and beseech Allah for His help in making his actions attain that supreme rank of sacrifice.
Now there are two aspects to good deeds: firstly, respect for, and obedience to the commands of Allah and secondly, kindness to the creation of Allah. Neither can be fulfilled without sacrifice, for in both cases sacrifice of personal desires, ambitions, hopes and possessions are called for, and further, this sacrifice must be performed for the sake of Allah and Allah alone. For example, if a person should do a good deed to another, his intention must not be to get something in return, but it must be done solely for the pleasure of Allah. Similarly, if he practises obedience to any of Allah’s commands, again it must be done only to please Allah and not for show or for name and fame or for any ulterior personal motive. That is why when the command to pray and sacrifice was given, the words li Rabbika (for the sake of thy Lord) were added – they must be done specifically for the sake of Allah and for no other reason.
When man reaches this stage of sacrifice, which is the farthest limit of obedience to Allah, then his personality is dyed with the Oneness of Allah, and that is the utmost limit in the perfection of man’s actions. To achieve this, man must seek the aid and succour of Allah, that is, prayer is imperative. It was for this reason that the command was given to man that if he wishes to receive the bounties of al kauthar, and to become the inheritor of abundant goodness, he must pray and sacrifice also. Obedience to Allah should reach perfection through worship and sacrifice. Thus, this is the perfection in religion to which man is bound and if he follows it, then Allah, Most High, is pleased and bestows on him the blessings of al kauthar (abundance of good).
Inna shani’aka huwal abtar
Surely thy enemy is cut off from good
Abtar refers to a person who has no descendant, and so remembrance of him is cut off from the world. The unbelievers thought that as the Holy Prophet (pbuh) had no male offspring, as soon as he died, he would be completely forgotten. They were told that it was their remembrance that would be obliterated and that they should know that Allah, Most High, had made the Holy Prophet (pbuh) the inheritor of an abundance of good things - that he would be blessed with progeny and faithful followers, and physical and spiritual favour to a degree unprecedented in the history of the world; the chain of his spiritual progeny would extend to the Day of Resurrection, but no trace of his enemies names would remain.
It is a fact that when a servant sacrifices everything for his Lord – his own self, and all his hopes and ambitions, and his possessions and all his expectations solely for the pleasure and the obedience of his Lord, then Allah, Most High, comes to his assistance and destroys anyone who is an impediment in the way of the servant’s goals and advancement, and effaces their evil designs. Just as the servant sacrifices everything that is a stumbling block in the way of obedience to his Lord and seeking His pleasure, in like measure, his Lord removes every obstacle that stands in the path of the servant’s ambitions and progress. In other words, Allah’s actions correspond with those of the servant.
If anyone is in doubt about that, then let him look at the Holy Prophet (pbuh) whose life was the perfect manifestation of the Qur’anic verse: My prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are surely for Allah, the Lord of the worlds (6:163) and whose prayer and sacrifice reached the zenith of perfection, and see how he became heir to an abundance of all good things, whilst his enemies became extinct and no mention of them remains in the world. Today the number of those who would sacrifice their lives for the name of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) runs into millions, and the number of spiritual descendants with which Allah has blessed him cannot be found in any nation on earth. In the history of the world, other nations never possessed even one hundredth of the number of righteous servants, saints, abdals, qutbs, mujaddids (Reformers), religious scholars, inheritors of prophetic blessings and devoted followers that are to be found in his community. The stream of good things in abundance has not dried up, but will flow until the Day of Resurrection, and if Allah wills, its current will become stronger and stronger in this world as well as in the Hereafter.
Further, every member of his ummah (community) who performs prayer and sacrifice in the manner explained above will partake of this kauthar (abundance of good), now and in the future, in proportion to his capability and the degree of his worship and sacrifice, whilst destruction is the lot of his enemy, now and in the Hereafter. Again, blessed is he who shares in this kauthar which Allah, Most High, gave to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and by following whom every member of his ummah can and will partake to the extent of his capacity and good deeds.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.