What was the purpose of christ for coming to this earth?

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"well, I have personally thought alot about it. I want to discuss this idea with others and to learn what others think about the subject. I will be happy to discuss and hear what others think about it."

He came to fulfill the LAW, and be the perfect SIN OFFERING for YOU, And for me too, of course.

He CAME to Die, and to be our Savior, since there was no OTHER way for us to become children of God - which is ONLY possible with repentance of sin, and FAITH in the sacrifice of Jesus for our sin.

Upvote 0

wine

Aug 10, 2012
✟7,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bob thanks for the reply. I am very simple man 43 years old and I think he came to uplift us all out of poverty by becoming ultimate price for the sin. He was hanged by those who suffered economic damage through his teachings. He did not want us to continue to waste away our resources on sacrifices so he offered the ultimate sacrifice. I hope it is much simpler and more understandable.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God came to us to show how much He loves us no matter what. He was good, so bad people tortured and killed him. He knew they would do this but He came to us anyway.

It didn't matter that they killed Him, because He is God and is more powerful than death. He raised Himself up from the dead, and promised us that when the right time comes, He is going to raise us all from the sleep of death, and we will live forever with Him as our great King. He will show us such great Love that we will be filled with wonderful joy. And we will always be thankful and Love Him for giving us Life.

Jesus is with us! He is and always will be! Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I believe he came here to have a relationship with us. Kinda like with the isrealites. It was a relationship and His people. Now us Christians are able to have THAT relationship. It is obeying his commands. He said if u love me u will follow my commandments. What r they? Love the Lord ur God and ur nieghbor. He said all the law of the prophets could be summed up n these two commandments. Relationship equalls prayer and worship but really just knowing Him and His commandments.

Upvote 0

michaeldimmickjr

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
Apr 9, 2005
✟8,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bob thanks for the reply. I am very simple man 43 years old and I think he came to uplift us all out of poverty by becoming ultimate price for the sin. He was hanged by those who suffered economic damage through his teachings. He did not want us to continue to waste away our resources on sacrifices so he offered the ultimate sacrifice. I hope it is much simpler and more understandable.

Economic damages through His teachings? Please provide some sort of reference.

In Christ,

Michael

Upvote 0

winjayoma

Jul 11, 2011
Gen. Santos City - Philippines
Visit site
✟7,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well, I have personally thought alot about it. I want to discuss this idea with others and to learn what others think about the subject. I will be happy to discuss and hear what others think about it.

what do you mean? the second coming? or the first one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

michaeldimmickjr

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
Apr 9, 2005
✟8,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
well, I have personally thought alot about it. I want to discuss this idea with others and to learn what others think about the subject. I will be happy to discuss and hear what others think about it.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is the second Person of the Holy Trinity came to Earth show humanity how to achieve Theosis. How to achieve perfect union with God. To become gods. Adam & Eve were told by Satan that they would be like God if they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Acting, drunk with pride, they disobeyed God to become gods by their own doings. See, God is what sustains everything. There is nothing or nowhere that exists that God isn't. This universe is finite, God is infinite. Before we proceed, we should mention that God is ultimately unknowable. Man cannot grasp God fully. There is a misconception that Adam & Eve were made perfect spiritual or fully mature spiritually. This is not the case. They too were on the path to Theosis but severed themselves from God - Life Itself. This separation is far deeper than we understand it today. They severed themselves from God ontologically. Their very existence!

Now we are in Old Testament times. God is speaking through the prophets, prophecies of the coming Messiah (Jesus Christ) are being told to God’s chosen people, the Israelites. God seems somewhat different in the Old Testament – He seems more vengeful, more wrathful. Why is this? The Jewish religion was not given to the Israelites in its full manifestation from the very beginning. It had to be developed. Because of man’s ignorance and passions, the Israelites struggle to establish this Jewish religion. There are many instances in the Old Testament where someone disobeys God and something unfortunate happens to them – this is not God’s fault. It’s through disobedience that people bring misfortune on themselves, which is clearly shown over and over in the Old Testament. This is where a lot of modern Christians get their “Wrath of God” preaching from. It’s easy to forget that man brought sin, which in turn brings every kind of misfortune upon man, not God. God did not desire this for His creation.

Christ is born! Because one woman, said "yes" to God, when the first woman, Eve said "no,” our Creator was able to take on our humanity so we could once again be on the path of Theosis. The gates to paradise that were once closed because Adam & Eve said “no” to God's Word (Jesus), were once again open! This is why Pascha (Easter) is so very important to Eastern Orthodoxy and was in ancient times. We have been set free! Christ, after His crucifixion, descended into Hades, the holding place for all souls whether good or bad. He preached to them also. This is why we sing triumphantly, "Christ has risen from the dead! Trampling down death by death! and upon those in the tombs bestowing life!" Christ became sin for our sake. He took this on, something that we will never even come close to understanding. Sin is separation from God - how can God take on separation from Himself? This is a mystery and we should treat it as such.

A major misconception is that Christ came to show us "how to be better people." Christ did not come here so we could become good moral people. We should fool ourselves into thinking that if I do "good deeds," that will be enough. It is said that, "Christ did not come to make bad men good, but to make dead men live!" THIS is why Our Creator Humbled Himself, took on the flesh of His creation, and made the ultimate sacrifice. When we are called to be "imitators of Christ," it's not to do good to everyone - it's to humble ourselves the way our God humbled Himself for us. This is imitation worthy of eternal life.

If interested, here is a great free pdf about Theosis: http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/theosis-english.pdf

Christ is risen!

Michael

Last edited:
Upvote 0