What was the last Christian movie you watched? (Your official Christian film discussion thread).

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel of John (2003)

The Gospel of John (2003) was really good. It was taken from the Good News Translation verbatim (if my memory serves me correctly). This was also the best acting performance I had seen for Jesus Christ, as well. Granted, I think Jesus would have looked more Middle Eastern, but his performance made up for it. I had two top favorite scenes in this film; One of my top faves in this film was with Nicodemus in John 3, and the other scene between Jesus and the Jews in John 8. For when He declared He was the Great “I Am,” they went ape crazy. I truly loved that scene. For it pointed all the way back to Exodus 3.

If I was being nitpicky: The crucifixion scene could have been better; And either the appearance of the actor for one of the disciples or his makeup made it appear like he was a Neanderthal on screen (Which was really weird). But besides that, really an enjoyable film. It makes you to look at Scripture with a fresh different perspective vs. a normal reading of Scripture.

Side Note:

My favorite crucifixion scene on film was the one from the Bible Mini Series (a.k.a. The Son of God). Besides the crucfixicion scene, the Lord's supper scene, and John encountering Jesus at Patmos, the rest of the the Son of God film was not so good in my view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Watched “Love Finds You in Sugarcreek” again with my wife.
Really enjoyed this film more this time around.
It's not perfect by any means, but it has a good biblical message to it.

Note:

A word of caution in this film is that the protagonist is rich (Which I don't believe is biblical). But the protagonist has gotten away from that life (after a tragedy) by spending his time on an Amish farm. So it does not appear like he may not want to continue in that kind of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Power of the Air.”

I liked the main message of the film and the majority of it. But I did not like how they presented the gospel towards the end of the film, though. The “we are sinners gospel” message they gave at the end undid the main message of the movie.

Side Note 1: When I speak of the “we are sinners gospel” message, I am referring to Christians saying words that can lead unbelievers to think that a Christian can live in a lifestyle of mortal sin, and still be saved as a part of the call of the gospel. However, we know that the call of the gospel according to 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 is that God has chosen us to salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth.

Side Note 2: Also the whole movie builds up the point about living holy as a part of knowing Christ and thus being saved, and then it pulls this truth in Scripture from out from underneath us by preaching the “we are sinners gospel” message at the end of the film. So I have mixed feelings about this movie, and I would not recommend this movie to anyone who does not know the truth that is taught in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14.

Last edited:
Upvote 0