What was the last Christian movie you watched? (Your official Christian film discussion thread).

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. Do not mention movies that promote bad language, or sex without a clear rebuke of these kinds of sins. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word in holiness. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What was the last Christian movie you watched?

I will begin.

77 Chances. It is not a perfect Christian film, but I do really enjoy it. It is a film that is sort of like Groundhog Day, but it is a Christian version of it. I finally got my wife to watch it all the way through with me this time after I told her more about it. She liked the ending message of the film (Although she did not like how the protoganist had to keep repeating the same day over and over again). It is still a funny film, and it has a great soundtrack. Most of all, the biblical message is great. The only things I have against the film if I was being overly picky is that they mention Star Trek, and the video quality/editing/sound in 2-3 scenes could have been better. But I would still recommend the film because of the overall message.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Lord of the Rings.

Please see post #1. Lord of the Rings and Narnia are not considered true Christian films because they push the sins of witchcraft within them (without any kind of rebuke of these kinds of sins).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Les Miserables!

While the movie is reported to talk about God and it appears to have a biblical message, it also promotes sex, and inappropriate language without any rebuke of these kinds of sins (in how they are wrong). So I would not classify it as a Christian film if it promotes various sins without any kind of rebuke of those sins.

Les Miserables (2012) | Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews
LES MISÉRABLES (2020) | Movieguide | Movie Reviews for Christians

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it fair to make assertions (that some disagree with) and then make discussion of such assertions off limits to the thread?

Does the Nun's Story count?

Do you see Nun's in the Bible? I am looking to discuss biblical Christian films here that promote Jesus Christ, and the Holy Bible, and not films that seem kind of Christian but it does not really reflect what we see in the Bible in being followers of Christ. For me: A Christian is a Christ follower. We follow Jesus according to the Bible and not in what other people say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please see post #1. Lord of the Rings and Narnia are not considered true Christian films because they push the sins of witchcraft within them (without any kind of rebuke of these kinds of sins).

You made you the judge of which films are Christian?

• Agree
Reactions: Isaiah 2:22
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
While the movie is reported to talk about God and it appears to have a biblical message, it also promotes sex, and inappropriate language without any rebuke of these kinds of sins (in how they are wrong). So I would not classify it as a Christian film if it promotes various sins without any kind of rebuke of those sins.

Les Miserables (2012) | Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews
LES MISÉRABLES (2020) | Movieguide | Movie Reviews for Christians

Haw haw. Jason you're a hoot. I'm not sure how Les Miserables promotes illicit sex or inappropriate language.

• Agree
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You made you the judge of which films are Christian?

For the purposes of the discussion of this thread.... yes.
If you want to discuss what you believe are Christian films that does not meet the criteria of this thread, you can start your own thread to discuss those there. This thread is specifically for movies that promote Jesus Christ, the Bible in a Christian way, and it does not promote sinful things without any rebuke of those sins. For if a Pastor is murdering people in his church or sleeping around, he really would not be a Christian.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Haw haw. Jason you're a hoot. I'm not sure how Les Miserables promotes illicit sex or inappropriate language.

Look at the reviews. Is there any rebuke of these sins in the film? I don't see anything of the sort. Plus, evil communications corrupts good manners. If one listens to folks swearing, they are going to be influenced by such a sin. In other words, if one puts junk in, they are going to put junk back out.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Look at the reviews. Is there any rebuke of these sins in the film? I don't see anything of the sort. Plus, evil communications corrupts good manners. If one listens to folks swearing, they are going to be influenced by such a sin. In other words, if one puts junk in, they are going to put junk back out.

Les Miserables: Movieguide Review

They loved it!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also linked the wrong review. Here's a Christian review of Les Mis for you...

Les Miserables: Movieguide Review

Thanks, but the review is deceptive. Dove Review appears to give a more accurate review of it's content. For I trust Dove Review because they are a Christian review website I have used before that truly looks for bad content.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, but the review is deceptive. Dove Review appears to give a more accurate review of it's content. For I trust Dove Review because they are a Christian review website I have used before that truly looks for bad content.

Dove is a joke.

Have you personally seen the film? If not, how do you know that the review (which you yourself recommended) is deceptive?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That's not the point whether Christians say they loved it or not. Is there any rebuke of the sins in this film. It has excessive language, nudity, and sex (off screen). Are these sins rebuked in some way? Are we as an audience told to turn away from sin? My guess is that such a thing is not present in the film. It may talk about God, but the hearts of the creators of the film are far from God if they promote sin and do not rebuke such sins.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's not the point whether Christians say they loved it or not. Is there any rebuke of the sins in this film. It has excessive language, nudity, and sex (off screen). Are these sins rebuked in some way? Are we as an audience told to turn away from sin? My guess is that such a thing is not present in the film. It may talk about God, but the hearts of the creators of the film are far from God if they promote sin and do not rebuke such sins.

You are speaking in pure ignorance.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dove is a joke.

Have you personally seen the film? If not, how do you know that the review (which you yourself recommended) is deceptive?

I have used Dove many times and they are spot on. So no. They are not a joke.

Upvote 0