What was the experience that made you feel God was real?

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was in Middle School (I'd always been religious, but never truly felt His presence) and I was visiting my dad in Arizona. We hiked up this mountain (I believe it was Superstition Mountain) and from the cliff we got to, it was a little over 4,000 feet with a view I can't describe. That was the first time I think I really felt His presence, and really had it cemented like, "He created this, all of it." and it's something I'll never forget.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I went out into the middle of a golf course in the middle of the night and introduced myself to Him. He started speaking to me and then I knew that He was real and that He knew me and wanted me to know Him. That was in 1969 when I was 20 years of age. That closeness with God and hearing His voice in my heart and mind has never left me.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello mmi.

I was about twenty seven years of age, and had been reading the Bible for about six months. I was not a Christian at the time, in fact, the only time I had even been to church was for weddings.

That night I lay down to go to sleep and out of no where, I felt an incredible sense of evil, it was all around me. The sense of evil was far beyond anything I have ever experienced.

I quickly went to get out of bed and found that I could not move my legs or arms, whatever it was, it had me paralyzed and pinned to the bed. Since I had started to read the Bible I obviously had no choice, for the first time in my life I called out to Jesus. The moment I said the name of Jesus, the evil presence vanished.

Although I did not become a Christian that night, I was well on my way to becoming a Christian. I never want to ever experience that kind of evil again, I will never forget that night as long as I live.

There is definitely power in the name of Jesus, even for non Christians which I was at the time.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For most my life I was a deist, hated Christianity. Later I was a buddhist for a couple years, which changed my views on the supernatural a lot because I was a very fast learner in that. I had big problems with depression and other health issues and was amazed by the joy I felt from meditating. But when I felt drawn to reading the bible I felt a huge presence. Just thanking God in prayer made me feel this huge joy that was fuller than any other joy I'd felt. And my conscience completely changed.
I knew I wasn't alone because he would say things I'd never say. Whether it was something way beyond my wisdom or beyond my compassion. And what he did to my ego was surprising. In the past from time to time I'd have issues with narcissism, and he made my ego feel usually small.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have had a very strange life. I have felt things entering and controlling my body which has led me to conclude that demons are real (demonic possession?), which made me logically conclude that GOD was real too. So I became convinced of His existence and I use my own life's experiences as proof that the supernatural is real.

Now you are looking at me strange, lol, but I am only going by my own life's experiences. :p

Before you make fun of me, just know that I was serious when writing this post. I am not joking, I kid you not. The experience was very frightening. I lost control of my will, my body, everything. It scared the living daylights out of me. Maybe GOD was trying to grab my attention, and boy did He succeed! :D

If what I experienced was actual demonic possession, I hope they don't come back, because the experience frightens me. I don't want to lose myself again. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had a very strange life. I have felt things entering and controlling my body which has led me to conclude that demons are real (demonic possession?), which made me logically conclude that GOD was real too. So I became convinced of His existence and I use my own life's experiences as proof that the supernatural is real.

Now you are looking at me strange, lol, but I am only going by my own life's experiences. :p

Before you make fun of me, just know that I was serious when writing this post. I am not joking, I kid you not. The experience was very frightening. I lost control of my will, my body, everything. It scared the living daylights out of me. Maybe GOD was trying to grab my attention, and boy did He succeed! :D

If what I experienced was actual demonic possession, I hope they don't come back, because the experience frightens me. I don't want to lose myself again. :(
I believe you. Im going thru something right now and i am really scared.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusGroupie

Dec 1, 2017
Rochester
✟15,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many things have happened in my life but the most profound thing that basically turned me upside and smacked me in the head was a vison whereby I woke at the foot of the cross. Jesus was dying. Muffled sobs, angry and cynical words were heard. I couldn't lift my head higher them to see his legs. I was terrified. The words "I died for all" emblazed in my mind. I was then engulfed in an etheral love that could never be felt here. It was overpowering. Since this occurence, I was drawn to reading my Bible daily usually in the middle of the night getting closer to His Word. From that day I have been on a very amazing journey with the Lord. I have been called to a purpose which has been slowly unfolding according to His plan and my desire to serve. All I can say is He is an amazing God and I'm still in a state of complete reverence and truly humbled by the experiences I have had in the last 2 years too many to mention.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Feelings?
A lot of people, believers and unbelievers, faithful and unfaithful, saved and unsaved, have "feelings" that God is real. Some may even say they "know" God is real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feelings?
A lot of people, believers and unbelievers, faithful and unfaithful, saved and unsaved, have "feelings" that God is real. Some may even say they "know" God is real.

Some people have had experiences in which they truly believe God revealed Himself to them. What is wrong with feelings?

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Some people have had experiences in which they truly believe God revealed Himself to them. What is wrong with feelings?
As Yahweh says, they are not reliable. All around us, all around the world, they are usually (very often on purpose) deceptive, and harmful (no matter how 'nice' or real they seem to be).

Upvote 0