What video games are you currently playing?

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm playing Warhammer: Darktide. Bit janky but a lot of fun. I've got over 100 hours on it already.
Those games are always great!

I’m not really playing much. Waiting for Hogwarts Legacy

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Starting to get back into Animal Crossing a little.

Almost a year since I started playing this game. February 3rd, I believe. Still have a lot of Nook mile stuff to complete. I'd say I probably roughly did 70% of everything you can do in the game.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you like 3D platformers and cute animal characters, New Super Lucky's Tale is at it's lowest price ever for Switch, $9.89. It's a brightly colored fun, relaxing game. Similar to Mario Odyssey it has unlockable outfits which I enjoy getting. The game is not trying to be Dark Souls difficult or anything, like how tough the later stages were in the recent Crash Bandicoot game.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm playing a humble game called 'life' and I don't mean the board game. Mostly filled with grief with very brief moments of sudden happiness. I'm not very good at it.. but I haven't quit it yet. :)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing some Stardew Valley. It's alright. Probably have not played it enough to give a real judgment yet. Looks like there is a lot to do in the game though. Heard it takes around 170 hours to complete everything. Which is fine by me.. a relaxing game to play to unwind from work and listen to some podcasts with.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Goldeneye is finally being released on the Nintendo Switch N64 online app this Friday.

Excited, although also partly worried the game might not have aged as well as it is fondly remembered by many.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I barely got anywhere in Goldeneye's single player when I was young but it was a blast playing with friends in the versus mode.
Maybe we can have some CF goldeneye tournament? Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe we can have some CF goldeneye tournament? Lol.
Because I'm not much of a talker I don't normally do online gaming like that. But I guess people playing Switch don't normally talk anyways. We could try killing each other for a while lol. Would be interesting to experience the game after all these years. It's got a tiny upgrade.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because I'm not much of a talker I don't normally do online gaming like that. But I guess people playing Switch don't normally talk anyways. We could try killing each other for a while lol. Would be interesting to experience the game after all these years. It's got a tiny upgrade.

Just an idea. I'm not much of talker either. I used to be when I was younger. Used to spend like several hours a day chatting with people in gaming lobbies when I was a teenager. Looking back.. I had no idea how I did that. Lol.

Yeah... most retro games released on the Switch get a minor non-intrusive upgrade. I don't think I modern eyes can take playing many games (especially N64 ones) natively as how they originally looked, lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Playing the game now. The controls take some getting used too, but it's fun. Aged better than I feared. Only played some of the campaign thus far. Have you gotten a chance to paly it? What are your thoughts? I do like the silky 60 FPS presentation. Plus, the shooting is quite different than modern games, so the gameplay feels interesting in that regard.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Playing the game now. The controls take some getting used too, but it's fun. Aged better than I feared. Only played some of the campaign thus far. Have you gotten a chance to paly it? What are your thoughts? I do like the silky 60 FPS presentation. Plus, the shooting is quite different than modern games, so the gameplay feels interesting in that regard.
It feels really weird at first lol. I tried changing my controls the way Youtubers recommend but this confused me more. I did better after changing them back. The campaign is odd in that you can complete the level without finding all the objectives and then it says you failed. I think that they should have added a mode where it doesn't let you end the level until you got everything. Like, the door stays locked, and gives you a hint about where to go. But that's always the debate with classic games, how much they should modernize them, and how much they should maintain the original qualities, even the ones that will be a detriment for a lot of players. The best part is probably the N64 levels and character models and the old school shooting.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I played a round on Pirate Land map on Mario Party 2 last night, it's a fairly recent addition for Switch Online. Nintendo set a high bar with that game. Each map has a fun theme, the characters wear outfits based on the theme, and the character who wins plays the hero against Bowser in a short story segment.

Anyways, a lot of people say MP2 is the best and for good reason. I think Nintendo could top it. The way Nintendo should have the least problem with is to add characters and maps from other franchises, like Zelda, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, etc. Pretty much what they did with Mario Kart 8. The other way is to let a third-party company make the next Mario Party and add their characters in along Mario, DK, etc. Sega/Sonic would be the most logical choice here. Have half the maps be Sonic levels. Maybe have Doctor Eggman be the board villain instead of Bowser. Just an idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Goldeneye. I forgot how older games don't hold your hand and explain everything. Thought the agent I was supposed to work with was an enemy. Sprayed some bullets at him then realized and stopped. but no.. he decided I was now an enemy and wouldn't stop shooting at me until I was forced to kill him and consequently fail that objective.. lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't heard anything about GameCube online.. although I never expected it to happen. Mainly due to the problems of space. Unless you have an SD card GameCube online probably wouldn't be very practical.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They finally are going to release Advance Wars 1+2 remake in April. The game was postponed due to the outbreak of the Russian-Ukrainian war. Literally like the week the game was supposed to be released. Was so bummed out, but at least it's not like forever lost, which with Nintendo I was somewhat worrying about happening.

Downloading Metroid Prime remastered right now. Going to try the Gameboy Advance and Gameboy applications soon. Tried yesterday, but the server was down.

Upvote 0