What video games are you currently playing?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Instead of Returnal... my next game will be Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart. Supposed to release on Thursday.. and one PS5 game I've really been looking forward too. Looks like a playable Pixar movie.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Playing Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart. Enjoying it thus far. Doing graphics/resolution mode.. and for whatever reason the 30FPS doesn't look bad.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Playing Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart. Enjoying it thus far. Doing graphics/resolution mode.. and for whatever reason the 30FPS doesn't look bad.

Probably my favorite PS5 game yet. Right now I'm grinding on game items while listening to some podcasts. Hoping to develop most of my guns right away. It's not a cheat and it's not a glitch and if the game wants to give me all these things I'll take it.. lol.

Unlike Resident Evil Village the ray tracing is pretty noticeable and excellent. Guess I somewhat changed my mind on ray tracing not being a mostly useless feature (in context of being power heavy for the console).

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Man.. I think I'm gonna need to pick up an Xbox Series X soon.

The animal fighting game looks pretty fun. Honestly I wish more games would push the physics category.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Arghh.. I just updated my TV.. and now when I game the screen is prone to going really dark.. hope they fix this..

Oh good.. at least for now.. this glitch seems to be no more. Surprised because I haven't updated anything since then. Really was kind of bummed out about this. I could go back to factory settings.. but then that would get rid of a lot of HDMI 2.1 features.

Upvote 0

Mike from NJ

Jun 25, 2021
Lakewood
✟60,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Unfinished Swan
View attachment 296478

What Remains of Edith Finch
View attachment 296479

Both are completely different forms of problem solving type games. I'm not interested in shoot-em-up type stuff.

OB
I know you posted this months ago, but I only joined the forum today :)

I recently finished What Remains of Edith Finch, and that was an amazing game. The stories of Lewis and Gregory especially were so tense and sad. You might like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, one of the most visually spectacular games I've played. You control a detective trying to piece together what happened to a missing boy as his stories come to life.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, I didn't know there was a Monty Python And The Holy Grail video game. A 1996 Windows game that looks pretty cheap.. but man I'd like to try it out.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ratchet And Clank just added a 120FPS mode.. and the 4k mode that was 30FPS was bumped up to 40FPS with no loss of quality.

Nice going Insomniac Games.

Making this feel like a true next gen experience.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh man.. I might have to restart Demon Souls.. didn't know if you killed NPCs they'd never come back. Oh well.. there are things I wanted to do differently anyways.. but I'll probably take a break from this game for a while.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The new Nintendo Switch looks disappointing. Only upgrade seems to be a larger screen with OLED. My PS Vita from almost 10 years ago had an OLED screen.. lol.

Come on.. we needed a faster processor and at least a 1080P output in portable mode.

Although as someone who hasn't' gotten a switch yet.. I guess it's a good time to get one.

After playing Astro on the PS5.. I've developed a Nintendo gaming itch.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The new Nintendo Switch looks disappointing. Only upgrade seems to be a larger screen with OLED. My PS Vita from almost 10 years ago had an OLED screen.. lol.

Come on.. we needed a faster processor and at least a 1080P output in portable mode.

Although as someone who hasn't' gotten a switch yet.. I guess it's a good time to get one.

After playing Astro on the PS5.. I've developed a Nintendo gaming itch.
I was underwhelmed with the reveal of the Switch OLED too. On the other hand, Nintendo is more about gameplay than pushing next gen graphics. The games are colorful and fun rather than realistic. It's a good time in its own right.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was underwhelmed with the reveal of the Switch OLED too. On the other hand, Nintendo is more about gameplay than pushing next gen graphics. The games are colorful and fun rather than realistic. It's a good time in its own right.

Yeah, but the extra horse power could have gone to a higher framerate.

Upvote 0