What video games are you currently playing?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Got a little chance to play Demon Souls. Yeah this feels like next gen. Hard to describe it.. but everything has so much more detail and weight to it. The Youtube videos do not give it justice.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Had a chance to try the Pulse 3D headset. Like I thought.. I didn't really notice any super sound quality. Although maybe my last headphones were pretty good to begin with. Forgot the name.. but it was made for the PS4.

Although I will say they are comfortable to wear.. despite what some reviewers say. Not having to deal with a cord is a huge plus.. I remember on my PS4.. the cord would always get wrapped around every chance it got.. and my OCD found it highly annoying. Although it does come with a cord if you want to use it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Got a little chance to play Demon Souls. Yeah this feels like next gen. Hard to describe it.. but everything has so much more detail and weight to it. The Youtube videos do not give it justice.

This game is a lot more addicting than I thought. The sword play is pretty satisfying once you get the hang of it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you’re pretty happy with it?

The game? Yeah.

It is beautiful to look at and feels like you're playing through a CG movie. Games in my mind tend to look flat, but this one.. there is so much geometry to the objects. Gives me peace of mind because every other PS5 game looks like it could be played on the PS4. Cannot imagine what a Rockstar or Naughty Dog game will look like with this new hardware.

Although to be fair.. this is a remake of a PS3 game.. so I somewhat fear larger game worlds may not be able to maintain this level of detail.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Resident Evil Village got good reviews. Think I'll try this one out. Want to see what ray tracing is all about.. although according to Digital Foundry.. this game gives minimal difference in this category.

Personally.. moving forward.. I'd rather games use the system's horsepower for other things than ray tracing. I'd rather have more geometry than more accurate lighting (I know ray tracing does more than that). The PS5 Pro and Xbox Series XX can be used for ray tracing upgrades IMO.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Enjoying Resident Evil Village thus far. While the game was built for last-gen, I have to say the graphics are still gorgeous. Especially scenes inside the house. The ray tracing is alright, candles and whatnot see somewhat extra nice. Although honestly it's hard to tell without switching back and forth.. sadly the settings will not allow you to do that unless you exit the game.

The load times are impressive. Going to a level takes less than two seconds to load compared to the nearly ten seconds on the Xbox Series X. Nice to see this supposedly much faster SSD on the PS5 starting to show it's speed advantage.

Like the Resident Evil 2 remake I find this game scary and unsettling at times. The cast and characters and designs are highly unique. I also love the antique European look of the village. Initially I wasn't the biggest fan of the first person perspective compared to the third person one.. but the perspective is growing on me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟311,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Love playing Minecraft. Currently I have 5 different game worlds. All except 1 are in creative mode so I can make large builds. The survival has become an RPG, with me playing a stranded Imperial Knight who crash landed on a backwater planet. Now she must find not only enough food and shelter to survive but enough gold / diamond or emeralds to activate her distress beacon and be rescued by Imperial forces.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looking forward to playing more Resident Evil Village tomorrow.

Last week I only managed to play a few hours of it.. not sure why.. but I can't binge game like I used too.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh.. sweet.. The Last Of Us Part 2 is getting a free enhanced upgrade for the PS5. Enhanced resolution and 60 FPS target (hope it's both). Going to have to download this game again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh.. sweet.. The Last Of Us Part 2 is getting a free enhanced upgrade for the PS5. Enhanced resolution and 60 FPS target (hope it's both). Going to have to download this game again.

I guess according to Digital Foundry the resolution is the same or at least not notched up.. aww man.. I thought it said enhanced resolution.. I guess the dynamic resolution will probably always be at 1444P instead of dropping in more demanding scenes like the PS4 Pro. The scaled up 4k image still looked great though.

I do think the console should be able to handle 4K and 60FPS. Naughty Dog did say they are working on future updates so lets hope..

I don't think it needs something like ray tracing.. since the baked in lightening already looks good enough. Enhanced textures and small graphical upgrades would be nice though.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cities Skylines is pretty smooth on the PS5.

Cannot remember how high of a population I was getting on the PS4 Pro.. but I think it was over 200k and the system was slowing down at that point.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Horizon Forbidden West long gameplay reveal just released.. I'd post it here.. but don't feel like going through a 20 minute video to check if there are any swears.

The game looks fun (still need to finish the first one..) slightly underwhelmed by the graphics.. although I'm pretty sure this started out as a PS4 game.. so eh..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Proud of myself for getting much further in Resident Evil Village. I don't know.. my attention span has been pretty horrible lately (not that it was ever good).. and I only manage to play the game for like 1 or 2 hours a week. From the looks of it.. I think the game is nearing the end.. honestly I'm surprised if so.. cause it seems awfully short.. although I guess that's how Resident Evil games go.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0