Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the bible is said to be the infallible word of God?

what validates the bible for you?

for me, it's the intelligent design of everything i see around me.

also, the prophecies of the bible that i have verified for myself against the secular record.

also, the intangibles of the universe that science has no answer for, mainly love, as in. where did love come from.

and on a most personal note, God in my life.

weariedsoul

Oct 11, 2012
✟2,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psa 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Psa 19:4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
Psa 19:5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
Psa 19:6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psa 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
Psa 19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

also, the prophecies of the bible that i have verified for myself against the secular record.

also, the intangibles of the universe that science has no answer for, mainly love, as in. where did love come from.

That's some great validations!

For me, it's the powerful witness of the Holy Spirit bearing testimony to my spirit that Scripture is true because it is the word of God, from the breath of God, by his Holy Spirit, just as Paul said it was (2Ti 3:16).

In the faith,
Clare

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KimberlyAA

Jul 16, 2012
Caribbean
✟1,392.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The Bible, as well as proclaiming the existence of God, also bears witness that God exists, because only divine inspiration can explain the existence of this most remarkable of books. The characteristics that point to divine authorship are:

The Bible’s amazing unity.
Despite being penned by more than 40
authors from over 19 different walks of life over some 1,600 years, the
Bible is a consistent revelation from the beginning to the end. Indeed
the first and last books of the Bible, Genesis and Revelation, dovetail
so perfectly—telling of ‘Paradise Lost’ and ‘Paradise Regained’
respectively—that they speak powerfully of their divine authorship.

The Bible’s amazing preservation.
In spite of political and religious persecution, the Bible remains. The Roman Emperor Diocletian, following an edict in ad 303, thought he had destroyed every hated Bible. He erected a column over the ashes of a burnt Bible to celebrate his victory. Twenty-five years later, the new emperor, Constantine, commissioned the production of 50 Bibles at the expense of the government! In the eighteenth century, the noted French infidel, Voltaire, forecast that within a century there would be no Bibles left on the Earth. Ironically, 50 years after he died, the Geneva Bible Society used his old printing press and his house to produce stacks of Bibles. The Bible is today available in far more languages than any other book.

The Bible’s historical accuracy.

Nelson Glueck, famous Jewish archaeologist, spoke of what he called ‘the almost incredibly accurate historical memory of the Bible, and particularly so when it is fortified by archaeological fact’.William F. Albright, widely recognized as one of the great archaeologists, stated: ‘The excessive scepticism shown toward the Bible by important historical schools of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, certain phases of which still appear periodically, has been progressively discredited. Discovery after discovery has established the accuracy of innumerable details, and has brought increased recognition to the value of the Bible as a source of history.’Sir William Ramsay, regarded as one of the greatest archaeologists ever, trained in mid-nineteenth century German historical scepticism and so did not believe that the New Testament documents were historically reliable. However, his archaeological investigations drove him to see that his scepticism was unwarranted. He had a profound change of attitude. Speaking of Luke, the writer of the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, Ramsay said, ‘Luke is a historian of the first rank … he should be placed along with the greatest of historians.’ At many specific points archaeology confirms the Bible’s accuracy. There are many particulars where sceptics have questioned the Bible’s accuracy, usually on the basis of there being no independent evidence, only to find that further archaeological discoveries have unearthed evidence for the biblical account.

The Bible’s scientific accuracy.
Some examples: that the Earth is round (Isa. 40:22); the Earth is suspended in space without support (Job 26:7); the stars are countless(Gen. 15:5); the hydrologic cycle;sea
currents;living things reproduce after their kind; many insights into health, hygiene, diet, physiology (such as the importance of blood, e.g. Lev. 17:11); the first and second laws of thermodynamics (e.g. Isa. 51:6), and many other things.

The Bible’s prophetic accuracy.
The Bible states that the accurate foretelling of events is the province of God. God said: I have foretold the former things from the beginning; and they went out of My mouth; and I made them hear; I acted suddenly; and they came about. … I declared it to you from the beginning. Before it happened I revealed it to you; lest you should say, ‘My idol has done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, has commanded them.’ (Isa. 48:3, 5) One will search in vain for one line of accurate prophecy in other religious books, but the Bible contains many specific prophecies. McDowell documents 61 prophecies regarding Jesus alone. Many of these, such as His place, time, and manner of birth, betrayal, manner of death, burial, etc., were beyond His control. McDowell also thoroughly documents 12 detailed, specific prophecies regarding Tyre, Sidon, Samaria, Gaza and Ashkelon, Moab and Ammon, Petra and Edom, Thebes and Memphis, Nineveh, Babylon, Chorazin-Bethsaida-Capernaum, Jerusalem and Palestine. He shows how these prophecies were not ‘post-dictions’. The probability of all these things coming to pass by chance is effectively zero. Only the wilfully ignorant (2 Peter 3:5) could deny this evidence that God must have inspired these prophecies.

The Bible’s civilizing influence.
The Bible’s message elevated the blood-drinking ‘barbarians’ of the British Isles to decency. It is the basis of English common law, the American Bill of Rights and the constitutions of great democracies such as the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The Bible has inspired the noblest of literature—from Shakespeare, Milton, Pope, Scott, Coleridge and Kipling, to name a few—and the art of such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael and Rembrandt. The Bible has inspired the exquisite music of Bach, Handel, Haydn, Mendelssohn and Brahms. Indeed, the decline in acceptance of the biblical world-view in the West has been paralleled by a decline in the beauty of art. Today the message of the Bible still transforms. Animistic tribal groups in the Philippines are today still being delivered from fear, and former cannibals in Papua New Guinea and Fiji now live in peace, all because of the Gospel.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Which "bible" is this trhead discussing ? Catholic , "protestant" , Orthodox , Eastern Orthodox " ?

Basically, with the exception of some additional books, they are not all that different. Do you have a Bible? Answer the question on that.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The Scriptures proclaim the Living and Incarnate Word of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, to us and for us.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John 16:17

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

What validates the bible to me is receiving the Holy Spirit. Jesus promised that when He ascended to Heaven, and was sitting at the right hand of the Father, He would send the Holy Spirit to everyone who believes in Him. Receiving the Holy Spirit validates the scriptures account of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In other words, it proves His words are true. Since, His words are truth, I can also trust the Old Testament, because He validated all of that as well.

Receiving the Holy Spirit = Bible is the infallible word of God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The testimony of God's people, the Church, gave the bible to me anf the Holy Spirit joined his testimony to theirs and so I received the bible from the church and faith in Jesus Christ from God by means of the Spirit.

Upvote 0