Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I recently converted from Roman Catholicism to Bible based Christianity.

I joined a Reformed Baptist Church, where we are all encouraged to study the Bible.

I'm not here to pick on any Catholics or any other denominations, it's not my place to advise anyone about what denomination they should worship God in.

Everyone is on a different stage of their walk in life, so we can all share our experiences with others who may benefit from our experiences in life.

I was raised in a Catholic family, so it was a shock to my parents and brothers when I told them that I'm going to Join a Reformed Baptist Church. They pleaded with me to stay, but they eventually realized that I couldn't be persuaded.

They became hostile towards me and that continues so we don't see much of each other any more and they are very bitter towards me, they see me as a traitor.

A friend of mine read out the Bible verses where Jesus said, "I have not come into the world to bring peace. But I bring a sword to divide families, causing mother to go against daughter etc....

It's all good now, I follow Jesus whatever the cost is. He is worthy of all praise and adoration.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I joined a Reformed Baptist Church, where we are all encouraged to study the Bible.

I'm not here to pick on any Catholics or any other denominations, it's not my place to advise anyone about what denomination they should worship God in.

Everyone is on a different stage of their walk in life, so we can all share our experiences with others who may benefit from our experiences in life.

I was raised in a Catholic family, so it was a shock to my parents and brothers when I told them that I'm going to Join a Reformed Baptist Church. They pleaded with me to stay, but they eventually realized that I couldn't be persuaded.

They became hostile towards me and that continues so we don't see much of each other any more and they are very bitter towards me, they see me as a traitor.

A friend of mine read out the Bible verses where Jesus said, "I have not come into the world to bring peace. But I bring a sword to divide families, causing mother to go against daughter etc....

It's all good now, I follow Jesus whatever the cost is. He is worthy of all praise and adoration.

If a Brother or sister or group or church treats you bad then there not Christians as we are commanded to love every one.

My advice is to not follow them and to pray for them and to do good to them and let every one see you do good for them as a great example to Jesus.

Sometimes God puts us in a bad situation to teach love to the unloving.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
If a Brother or sister or group or church treats you bad then there not Christians as we are commanded to love every one.

My advice is to not follow them and to pray for them and to do good to them and let every one see you do good for them as a great example to Jesus.

Sometimes God puts us in a bad situation to teach love to the unloving.
I pray for my family every day, even though I lost my position in the family business and I was taken out of the parents will. They said that I could have everything back if I come back to the Mother Church.
The more I learn about the Bible, the more I see how many contradictions there are in the Catholic Church. I can't go against my conscious and go back into the world of materialism, it is very tempting though as I am struggling financially with a huge mortgage on my house.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I pray for my family every day, even though I lost my position in the family business and I was taken out of the parents will. They said that I could have everything back if I come back to the Mother Church.
The more I learn about the Bible, the more I see how many contradictions there are in the Catholic Church. I can't go against my conscious and go back into the world of materialism, it is very tempting though as I am struggling financially with a huge mortgage on my house.

Its better to be poor and even homeless all your life to be saved by Jesus then to burn in hell and be rich.

We all need to not live for this world and live for God as this world has been corrupted by the devil.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is a sad situation to be in brother.
What I have found to be true in this life is that if you put God first, He will provide everything you need, financially and spiritually.
He knows what we need better than we do.
I am so glad you found the truth, and am praying for your situation.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That is a sad situation to be in brother.
What I have found to be true in this life is that if you put God first, He will provide everything you need, financially and spiritually.
He knows what we need better than we do.
I am so glad you found the truth, and am praying for your situation.
Thanks for the encouragement and for your prayers, I am quite depressed to be in this situation with so much financial pressure on me.
Things are hard at work and at home, my wife still hasn't committed herself to the Lord, She comes from a Catholic family so she's still heavily influenced by her mom who is a Roman Catholic.

Our children are in a Catholic school, so I share the Gospel with them as well but they are still very young so I hope and pray that they eventually come to the Lord.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to the forums. God does indeed takes us each in our own path to Him, and this can at times be difficult. I hope that God gives you the strength of your convictions, and will help heal any broken relationships with your family.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Seems to be a lot of different reasons for both and sadly a lot of them come down to $ , Some of them are deeply held beliefs weather or not right or wrong, some of them are because there are too many different versions of the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Seems to be a lot of different reasons for both and sadly a lot of them come down to $ , Some of them are deeply held beliefs weather or not right or wrong, some of them are because there are too many different versions of the Bible.
Yes, all the denominations interpret the Bible differently so we end up with so many opposing views. It's hard for the average person to know which view is the closest to the truth, so we must be true to our convictions.

My family believes they are acting in my best interest, they believe I've been deceived by the new age movement. They believe that Jesus established the Catholic Church, when He told Peter that He would build His Church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

So I have no ill feeling towards my family, they truly believe that the Catholic Church is the original Christian Church established by Jesus Himself.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, all the denominations interpret the Bible differently so we end up with so many opposing views. It's hard for the average person to know which view is the closest to the truth, so we must be true to our convictions.

I don't think it is nearly as difficult as it has been made out to be.

If you want to know something about God, pray and ask God.

• Winner
Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-7-11_10-7-46.jpeg

Thread is closed for staff review.
Carryest onest.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-7-11_22-29-55.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
To
The Baptist forum
For a better fit and responses.
Please be aware of the Baptist SOP:

The Baptist Community:
A forum for all Baptists to discuss and fellowship together.

A few things to know about what Baptists believe:
  • The Believers Baptism (credo baptism) - We believe that baptism should be by immersion and that it is an outward symbol of of an inward change that has already occurred.
  • The Priesthood of the believer - Our High Priest is Jesus Christ, our sole Mediator between man and God. Each believer can go to the throne of God via prayer for grace and mercy.
  • The 66 Books comprising the Scriptures are given by the verbal inspiration of God, and as such are the only and all sufficient, authoritative rule of faith. Given their divine origins, the Scriptures are without error as originally given.
  • The Lords Supper is an ordinance (one of two ordinances), done in remembrance of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us at the cross.
  • Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. While both free will and deterministic understandings of the gospel are espoused by various Baptists, human works play no part in a person's redemption.
To learn more about what Baptists believe please see Baptist Distinctives

Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage:
Homosexuality and same sex marriage may be discussed in this forum, however, no promotion of these topics is allowed. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.
Carry on.

• Informative
Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it is nearly as difficult as it has been made out to be.

If you want to know something about God, pray and ask God.
So true, the Word of God has been complicated by men. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is quite simple to understand. Jesus said, as many as believe in Him shall be saved. Then men come along and add a whole bunch of requirements to salvation.

As you said, God will reveal the truth to those who ask Him in prayer. God is not the author of confusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Going against your family is not easy. In your case, you've really had a great deal of trouble. Your persistence is admirable.
Jesus said He did not come to bring peace to the world. He said He came to divide families, into believers and non believers.

My Catholic family claims to believe in Christ but they follow the instructions of the Catholic Church, which is opposed to Christ. It teaches a whole bunch of works in order to be saved, Christ said all we need to do is believe in Him.

So the decision was easy, I had to follow Jesus and forsake everyone who stands between me and Him.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Just some advice...don't let your newfound appreciation for the faith drive an unnecessary wedge between you and your family. There are Christians and pagans who attend Reformed Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, and many different types of churches. Except maybe the Episcopalians. :)

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Just some advice...don't let your newfound appreciation for the faith drive an unnecessary wedge between you and your family. There are Christians and pagans who attend Reformed Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, and many different types of churches. Except maybe the Episcopalians. :)
Thanks for your advice but I need to believe what Jesus said and discard your advice because it contradicts Christ. Jesus said that families would divide because of Him, He said the world will hate all of us who follow Him.

True Christianity is unacceptable to all of the non believers, Christ said "remember they hated me first and they will hate you" so I'm OK with losing my family and friends. Christ is worth losing my life for, since He has given me eternal life in paradise.

Upvote 0