ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically just a fancy High-tech bike lol.

Peloton Bike | Indoor Exercise Bike with Online Streaming Classes

FYI - I would never spend $2000 to buy one of these things lol, the Condo complex I live in put 3 of them in the fitness center...but I will say, they are pretty neat.
Looks like one of those bikes you'd use in a spin class, which I've never taken!
I refuse! lol it looks like it'll kill ya!
I'm more of a stair climbing woman, well used to be, until the hips could take all that repetition!
So now it slow and easy!

I hear you about the 2000.00
I just bought a imitation Fitbit
Proud to say 35.00 off of amazon prime! :clap:

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looks like one of those bikes you'd use in a spin class, which I've never taken!
I'm more of a stair climbing woman, well used to be, until the hips could take all that repetition!
So now it slow and easy!

Nice! lol

Yeah, If I lived I owned a house instead of a condo and had to buy the fitness equipment myself, I'd be looking for the imitation stuff off of Amazon as well. All of that name brand fitness stuff is just way overpriced.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More painting done! lol It really is a total body workout. Or maybe I'm just getting old. :p

Speaking of exercise bikes. What is the difference between the traditional stationary bike and the spin bike, besides the fact that the spin bike goes a whole lot faster. Does faster mean more health benefits?

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bought a Fitbit, well a knock off!
Now I'm in competition with myself? Or a watch?
Anyway the thing I like the best about it, let's me know how I sleep!
Apparently not well at all. :sleep:
But I walked 10,000 steps yesterday! :clap:
Still trying to meet my quota for the day!

Yeah, I'm skeptical about all the technological gadgets out there. I like to think so long as I'm feeling good, that should suffice. Yanno? Do I really need a thing to track stuff for me? It's amazing how alot of people rely on them anymore and then become anxious when it doesn't tell them what they think it should say! lol I have a pedometre I use for when I go for walks just to get a general idea how many steps I do take but that's about all I have.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm skeptical about all the technological gadgets out there. I like to think so long as I'm feeling good, that should suffice. Yanno? Do I really need a thing to track stuff for me? It's amazing how alot of people rely on them anymore and then become anxious when it doesn't tell them what they think it should say! lol I have a pedometre I use for when I go for walks just to get a general idea how many steps I do take but that's about all I have.
I think its good as an incentive for people that need it?
My youngest has some delays and she is quite overweight, she doesn’t seem to be as energetic as her sisters. So when she said Mom I’m going to get this “Fitbit “ with her bday money, I don’t believe it cost no more than 35.00 if that much, I was thrilled, she wanted me to get one too..
her words were we’d have Fitbit races...
lol so far I’m winning. Not what I wanted to happen!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So now it slow and easy!

I wish I was as good at stairs as you are, and as I once was; heart issues have intervened, but the Lord is good and faithful.

• Prayers
Reactions: blessedmomof5
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think its good as an incentive for people that need it?
My youngest has some delays and she is quite overweight, she doesn’t seem to be as energetic as her sisters. So when she said Mom I’m going to get this “Fitbit “ with her bday money, I don’t believe it cost no more than 35.00 if that much, I was thrilled, she wanted me to get one too..
her words were we’d have Fitbit races...
lol so far I’m winning. Not what I wanted to happen!
Well, she's currently prioritizing fitness over tattoos! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s my other daughter! :doh:
lol
This is my 15 year old!
Who is deathly afraid of needles so doubt that will ever happen!!
Well, she may eventually pluck up the courage!

Anyway, walking is important as a routine, I think.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[QUOTE="Blessed Each Day, post

Hi Blessed Each Day,
Can I ask what is Tabata leg?
Of course! It's a quick-paced workout where you pick 4 exercises (usually bodyweight, but needn't always be) and you go through them one by one for 20 seconds on then 10 seconds off in a circuit so if it was chest day you'd do something like:
wide pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
spiderman pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
divebomber pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
clap (or other plyo) pushup (20 seconds)
10 second break

That would be one set, and you do two sets which would be 1 circuit. It's nice when you want to get a quick workout in a small amount of time (each circuit is 4 minutes, and you're going to always be huffing by the time you're done.)

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course! It's a quick-paced workout where you pick 4 exercises (usually bodyweight, but needn't always be) and you go through them one by one for 20 seconds on then 10 seconds off in a circuit so if it was chest day you'd do something like:
wide pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
spiderman pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
divebomber pushups (20 seconds)
10 second break
clap (or other plyo) pushup (20 seconds)
10 second break

That would be one set, and you do two sets which would be 1 circuit. It's nice when you want to get a quick workout in a small amount of time (each circuit is 4 minutes, and you're going to always be huffing by the time you're done.)
Wow, that sound tough but awesome!
I stopped working out about 8 years ago maybe a little more due to injuries, I was more cardio, climbing stairs on the machine I got up to about 2 hrs then would run 5 miles everyday after the gym!
Needless to say it took its toll on my hips!
But for some reason the weights always intimidated me!
So this year I did one of the one on one mega fitness boot camps. Mostly weights, ropes, squats, pushups, ( that was funny)
I think I got up to 5!
But it became very expensive and well that was that!
I’ve started walking again I “try to walk 2-4 miles a day.
But would love nothing more to be able to get to the point where I could do a push up diverbomber push-up what ever that may be... lol
You sound like you take every good care of your self! Keep that up! You only get one you!
God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
2 hours on the stair-climber??!! Then 5 hours AFTER working out??!! That's way impressive, I wouldn't even think of trying that. I bet it did take its toll!

Yeah, those fitness boot camps are a rip off. Since you're not body-building or going for mass (I'm assuming), you honestly don't even need any weights, your bodyweight is perfectly fine, so if you get back into it, check out calisthenics workouts, including HIIT, Tabata or something else as you progress (they're ALL over youtube for free.)

Haha imagine trying to go under a very low wire by going head first and "diving" up so your back doesn't "touch." They're not bad, and kind of fun ("fun".) You do as well, and I try to, but I slack sometimes (Lord forgive me.) You're absolutely right. God bless you!

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 hours on the stair-climber??!! Then 5 hours AFTER working out??!! That's way impressive, I wouldn't even think of trying that. I bet it did take its toll!

Yeah, those fitness boot camps are a rip off. Since you're not body-building or going for mass (I'm assuming), you honestly don't even need any weights, your bodyweight is perfectly fine, so if you get back into it, check out calisthenics workouts, including HIIT, Tabata or something else as you progress (they're ALL over youtube for free.)

Haha imagine trying to go under a very low wire by going head first and "diving" up so your back doesn't "touch." They're not bad, and kind of fun ("fun".) You do as well, and I try to, but I slack sometimes (Lord forgive me.) You're absolutely right. God bless you!
Well I could use a good tightening of some muscle groups, not getting any younger ya know:swoon:
I have those under arm flappy things grandmas had? Remember those? :sigh: Things are headed south, so to speak!
So a little tighter here and there a little stronger in the legs and I’m set!
I’m going to you tube and looking all that up!
Thank you for the advice! :wave:

Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that sound tough but awesome!
I stopped working out about 8 years ago maybe a little more due to injuries, I was more cardio, climbing stairs on the machine I got up to about 2 hrs then would run 5 miles everyday after the gym!
Needless to say it took its toll on my hips!
But for some reason the weights always intimidated me!
So this year I did one of the one on one mega fitness boot camps. Mostly weights, ropes, squats, pushups, ( that was funny)
I think I got up to 5!
But it became very expensive and well that was that!
I’ve started walking again I “try to walk 2-4 miles a day.
But would love nothing more to be able to get to the point where I could do a push up diverbomber push-up what ever that may be... lol
You sound like you take every good care of your self! Keep that up! You only get one you!
God Bless you
Sorry about your injuries. Yes, walking is a really good possibility; even with restrictions such as I have through a heart condition I find that walking completely on the level - and not slightly uphill - is a really good way of keep somewhat fit, or trying to do so.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I could use a good tightening of some muscle groups, not getting any younger ya know:swoon:
I have those under arm flappy things grandmas had? Remember those? :sigh: Things are headed south, so to speak!
So a little tighter here and there a little stronger in the legs and I’m set!
I’m going to you tube and looking all that up!
Thank you for the advice! :wave:
Haha, oh the human condition is a funny thing. Yep, I know what you're talking about, no biggie! Some good tricep workouts/compound movements that hit the triceps, and boom, they'll be heading north! :) You're very welcome and I'd be happy to help if you get back into it, as I studied to be a personal trainer, but never went to my NASM-CPT test some years back :/

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha, oh the human condition is a funny thing. Yep, I know what you're talking about, no biggie! Some good tricep workouts/compound movements that hit the triceps, and boom, they'll be heading north! :) You're very welcome and I'd be happy to help if you get back into it, as I studied to be a personal trainer, but never went to my NASM-CPT test some years back :/
You might be sorry!
But north I’ll take any day over south!

Upvote 0