Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
similar with me. I was making incense when this yia-yia came over and asked why I was here...

me: oh, I am here for Spring Break.
yia-yia: not Cancun or something?
me: nah, I'd rather be here for Break.
yia-yia: STASIA!!! COME HERE!!! you must meet this good Orthodox boy.
Speaking as a parent though, can't blame them for wanting their daughters/granddaughters to meet "good Orthodox boys". :) If my daughter wasn't already almost engaged to a young man I deeply approve of (unfortunately he's not Orthodox but I wouldn't be at all surprised once he has time to study Christian history in a bit more depth, which he's interested in doing ... ;) )

In fact that might be partly why they are together. We had a young man in our parish for a year or so who was interested in going to seminary, served as our cantor, was a very fine young man, and needed a wife. My daughter came over and her young man who was just a friend came to help her move some things, and we three chatted about faith, and I mentioned the young man to her, and she was willing to be introduced and interested. The next time I saw those two, they were beginning an interest in each other. So ... he might have realized he needed to let her know he was interested, though I saw zero jealousy or anything at my suggestion.

Hopefully, God willing, they would become interested in Orthodoxy in time to have any grandchildren, if God so blesses them, be baptized and raised Orthodox. :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And then there is the seminarian POV. "Hi, I'm in my final year of seminary. Oh? You're single? Will you marry me?"

Ah yes - like a friend [ who is a priest :) ] telling me about someone who came over to the USA for summer break with a friend - both of whom were seminarians. Why did they go to the USA - looking for wives :D

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Yella" = Arabic for "git-r-done".
Lol!
More like "Hey you!"

Ah yes - like a friend [ who is a priest :) ] telling me about someone who came over to the USA for summer break with a friend - both of whom were seminarians. Why did they go to the USA - looking for wives :D
Haha!

I remember years ago a lady was on here lamenting about not being able to find a husband. Told her to move near one of the seminaries!

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0