What to do when you have more passionate hatred of His plan than you ever did love for Him?

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate with a far more intense passion the hurtful events God has placed/allowed (either way according to his plan) in my life than any amount of positive feelings I EVER had for God. What do I do now? I don't care what is on the other side of this, or what good He can make from this. His comfort without fixing the issues is empty words. The trials others have gone through don't matter to me (yes, that includes the book of Job). I don't care what the purpose is. I don't care about the increasingly insufficient reward awaiting me after I die (the most epic case of way too little, way too late ever designed!). I just want preventative protection and miraculous restoration ( far second best to prevention). Without those, NOTHING else He does matters. So unless His plan is to drive me to hate him so I go to Hell when I die (if that is the case he is succeeding admirably), I just want the problems gone. SO I am stuck as to how to move forward. I need the fixes to have a chance at loving and having faith in Him, yet he seems unable/unwilling to do anything. What do I do?

• Prayers
Reactions: bèlla

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
QB,

I am sorry to hear you've endured difficult trials that affected your heart and left you questioning the Lord. Few could say they haven't experienced the same or had moments when all seemed lost when they wondered within themselves, where are You?

Where is God? The Omnipotent Father. How could You leave me in this place? Why have You allowed it? We cry for the Father and long for comfort and assurance as any child would. Because we need Him.

Our sorrow and wails don't go unheard. He's there in every ache. Each disappointment. For every murmur and groan. He can handle your doubt and anger. He'll love you through the questions and silence.

I encourage to share your burden on the Prayer Wall and allow others to labor on your behalf. Keep sharing until you experience a breakthrough. I'll be praying as well.

May Adonai bless you and keep you.
May Adonai make his face shine on you and show you his favor.
May Adonai lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,492.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hans Peter Royer (an Austrian preacher) once said "Suffering never destroys belief in God - at most a false belief".

May you get to know how God really is, and experience the relationship with Him that He wants to have with you :)

Reactions: hluke
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate with a far more intense passion the hurtful events God has placed/allowed (either way according to his plan) in my life than any amount of positive feelings I EVER had for God. What do I do now? I don't care what is on the other side of this, or what good He can make from this. His comfort without fixing the issues is empty words. The trials others have gone through don't matter to me (yes, that includes the book of Job). I don't care what the purpose is. I don't care about the increasingly insufficient reward awaiting me after I die (the most epic case of way too little, way too late ever designed!). I just want preventative protection and miraculous restoration ( far second best to prevention). Without those, NOTHING else He does matters. So unless His plan is to drive me to hate him so I go to Hell when I die (if that is the case he is succeeding admirably), I just want the problems gone. SO I am stuck as to how to move forward. I need the fixes to have a chance at loving and having faith in Him, yet he seems unable/unwilling to do anything. What do I do?
I think it comes down to loving God unconditionally for who he is. Regardless of our lot in life. Job is an example we should consider when all crumbles around us.

• Agree
Reactions: hluke
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Work through it. The unsaved have trials too. There is no flower strewn path or rose garden unless you work for it. Have joy in trials and pleasure in afflictions as it says in 2 Cor. You have a fighting chance and the Lord is with you. Pray read be inspired to overcome your Goliath. We all have to and want to and the glory of the actuality of heaven when you get strong will make it pale by comparison. Don’t go your own way go with God and enjoy the ride.

Upvote 0

imisswarmth

Sep 10, 2020
City
✟7,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What to do when you have more passionate hatred of His plan than you ever did love for Him?

I think it is best for all us to just admit that we are bad.

I look at all the wonderfulness that happens and I have to admit, wow, you are all so amazing.

Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Brother, I hate this for you. Your anger is totally understandable. Although every believer has times of trials, there are certain believers in the body who seem far more tested than the rest of us. And this believer who must endure the greater trials is also the one whom God has destined for greater things.

You are like unrefined gold. The only way gold can be refined is to put it through burning fire. The hotter and longer the gold is left in the fire, the more impurities are stripped away, and the “dross” (the icky, unclean stuff) rises to the top. Similarly, God can put the believer in a fiery situation or circumstance and silently look on - allowing the fires to do the job of bringing the believer's "dross" (unresolved pain, anger, resentment, unforgiveness, brokenness...) to the surface.

This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver
and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’ ” Zechariah 13:9

He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord. Malachi 3:3

So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:7

God’s ultimate purpose for us is to grow more and more into the image of His Son (Romans 8:29). Everything in life, including the trials and tribulations, is designed to enable us to reach that goal. It is part of the process of sanctification, being set apart for God’s purposes and fitted to live for His glory.

1 Peter 1:6-7 - "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Lord, I thank you because you can never forget Brother. You are always with him. When he calls you, please answer! When Brother prays, answer! Father, never let Brother forget your love in any situation he finds himself. Keep him from being distracted by the fiery trial and let him focus on you alone.

Lord, if there is any time that Brother thinks you have forgotten him, please have mercy and help him to trust in you. God, give him beauty for his ashes and the oil of joy for his mourning and heaviness in the name of Jesus. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I was hit by a truck; and emergency personnel didn't even come to get me; because they thought I was dead. No one could understand how I survived. I had a severe head injury; and I had lost my ability to speak well, if at all. Sometimes I couldn't speak at all, for hours. My doctor told me that none of his patients had ever recovered from this; and that I shouldn't expect to. I was in severe pain for years; so much pain that I would vomit from the pain for years; so much pain that I couldn't get to sleep past the twilight zone. If I could sleep for ten minutes I was very grateful. My wife had divorced me; and I had moved to Texas. I didn't know anyone here; and there was no one to help me. They were all over a thousand miles away. Then the closest of my family died. I couldn't work; so I had no income. I was burning one light bulb, and eating on $1 a day; wondering what would happen when my bank account ran out. I would sometimes not eat for days; because the pain was too great to stand in the kitchen. My memory was so bad that I would forget that I had bought food. I would contemplate driving to the store to buy more; only to put it off for days for the pain. Then I would go to the store and come home to put the food away; only to find out that I already had food; and it had rotted, because I forgot that I even went shopping. That's the short of it.

Each day that the sun came up; I thanked YHWH for giving me another day. It could have all been over on impact; but I got another chance at life. The pain lasted for years; so did the head injury; but to the amazement of the medical staff who were treating me; it appears to them that I've made a full recovery.

I give the glory and appreciation to our heavenly Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was hit by a truck; and emergency personnel didn't even come to get me; because they thought I was dead. No one could understand how I survived. I had a severe head injury; and I had lost my ability to speak well, if at all. Sometimes I couldn't speak at all, for hours. My doctor told me that none of his patients had ever recovered from this; and that I shouldn't expect to. I was in severe pain for years; so much pain that I would vomit from the pain for years; so much pain that I couldn't get to sleep past the twilight zone. If I could sleep for ten minutes I was very grateful. My wife had divorced me; and I had moved to Texas. I didn't know anyone here; and there was no one to help me. They were all over a thousand miles away. Then the closest of my family died. I couldn't work; so I had no income. I was burning one light bulb, and eating on $1 a day; wondering what would happen when my bank account ran out. I would sometimes not eat for days; because the pain was too great to stand in the kitchen. My memory was so bad that I would forget that I had bought food. I would contemplate driving to the store to buy more; only to put it off for days for the pain. Then I would go to the store and come home to put the food away; only to find out that I already had food; and it had rotted, because I forgot that I even went shopping. That's the short of it.

Each day that the sun came up; I thanked YHWH for giving me another day. It could have all been over on impact; but I got another chance at life. The pain lasted for years; so did the head injury; but to the amazement of the medical staff who were treating me; it appears to them that I've made a full recovery.

I give the glory and appreciation to our heavenly Father.

I hope you're doing better. You've been through some rough times. I understand the pain. I sleep no more than 2 hrs at a time and I'm going on the fifth year of it. The pills stopped working a long time ago. Mines some kind of auto immune problem from the leukemia. My bones are repairing damage that doesn't exist and it's cutting off the nerves. That's probably not an accurate description but I'm not a doctor. All this makes the next life with God all that more appealing. I'm ready to shed this old worn out body. This life is just a test and for some of us the burden is heavy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.