What to do if one of your Christian Children were homosexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
And..."Christian" attitudes are why thousands of LBGTQ kids commit suicide. To toss out your own child because of their gender/sexual preference is disgusting. God loves YOU unconditionally...and as a parent you should love your child the same way. To do anything else...YOU will be the one answering to God on that final day.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe homosexuality to be a choice.
We all were born in sin. And in sin every one of us has had wrong ways and tendencies and preferences. Homosexuality is just one "item" which can be in each sinner's "package deal" of sin. And you might remember how there were things you yourself could not "help". We all need God. Only with God is is possible to get free from our sin and sin problems. This is the same for all of us.

Our Apostle Paul says "we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others," (in Ephesians 2:3)

So, to me this means that Paul is saying that "we all" have been in slavery to some sort of "lusts", and "we all", then, have been the same as homosexuals, but just not specializing in the same lusts.

I do believe it to be a sexual orientation that someone is born with.
Well n:)w . . . isn't "sexual" really about reproducing, and not only how you get pleasure from sexual sensations? How you lust to get sexual pleasure is not quite the same has God giving you a drive to reproduce godly children for Him. I offer that God's drive is in His love, and is honest to attract you to the person you belong with in order to bring up children for Him. But lusts can be very not specific and unreliable, attracting people to even not humans . . . in order to get sensual pleasure.

"And love does not have us just using someone to get pleasure."

So, the real "preference" of gays and straights could, I consider, not be sexual, really, at all, but simply preference for pleasure which keeps them, unfortunately, away from how we could be enjoying sweet and tender intimacy with God in His very own love which is so better and feels so nicer than mere creature pleasure.

I do however know what it's like to be born not "normal" and what it's like to be shunned by a majority of society.
We were all born in sin; so each of us had things which were not right. But I'll "bet" you had items which humans might not like, but which would not be displeasing to God.

Because Adam and Eve fell, they got into a very wrong way of seeing what is good and what is bad. Look at how humans, can so speak badly of rain, for only one example. So, if rain could have feelings :) think how rain might feel! So, with God evaluate what really is needing correction, and what is very usable by God. And forgive all the people who did not know how to love you; because they are missing out on so much, if they do not know how to love. And become an example so you can be a true friend to every person, whether they know you are or not :)

How do we keep them in the Christian faith when... they can't help or control their sexual feelings and a majority of Christians will judge them for being homosexual or in a homosexual relationship?
The same as all of us, "they" need to trust in Jesus (Ephesians 1:12) and seek God for His correction. And He changes us out of our nature of sin so we are no longer available to being dominated and controlled by passions and feelings and emotions which just drive and waste us and "enough is not enough". With God, we become content and we are not focused on preferences for pleasure.

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

So, we do not judge and condemn gays to be unable to change. God is able, easily and breezily and beautifully. Jesus on the cross died with hope for any of us to become children of God in His own holiness > which does come with seeking our Father's correction > Hebrews 12:4-11. So, we do not discriminate against gays, by saying this is not as possible for them as for anyone else of us. And we do not discriminate by saying they don't need forgiveness while the rest of us do.

We don't want our children to hate or resent us or hate or resent God because they are different than everyone else and are experiencing thoughts and emotions that they cannot control.
When you tell children what is for their own good, ones can say you "hate" them, or they can say they "hate" you! This is because of how Adam and Eve fell so they had their perception of good and evil backwards, even calling rain "bad" weather, when rain is so needed for us to have life on this planet. Humans in sin can be so backwards, because of Satan's evil spirit > Ephesians 2:2.

You need to make sure with God about what is really true, then be a good example of how you handle it >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Learn how to love with your wife and other Christians, and children can feed on your example. And trust God who alone can make this work. It is not only a copy-cat thing, but how God spreads whatever is really in you to make your children the same way. So, make sure about what is really going in in you, in the sight of God!

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

I do not want to be one of those Christians who abandon homosexuals
The Bible is very clear, how Jesus calls to "all", with the exact same hope > Matthew 11:28-30. No sinner is some special case. How you prefer to get your pleasure, by the way, is not your true identity. God is able to change each of us, out of our impossible personality things and the torments we have because of our fears and worries. We all have impossible things. And only God is able to cure us, in our nature. So, there is this hope for all of us > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7). So, we have compassion for any other person >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 4:15)

Upvote 0

fromtheAsh

That one girl from that one website.
May 31, 2012
South Dakota
✟9,766.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Same way any Christian would "choose" to be an alcoholic, or a gambler or a stalker etc.
none of those things is lauded by Christians or anyone.. but it's bondage and so they
don't know that it's not "who they are"
The devil is real and he's working overtime. He blinds us
OMGosh did he do some numbers on me and now my life is screwed up.
So i have to start over AGAIN!
couldn't believe he got me again but i'm done now!
I wont be fooled again!
Hope you're able to work this out.
It take an incredible person to do it and he only targets incredible peeps.

I wouldn't wish my experience in high school on my worst enemy. I spent roughly six years convinced that I could overcome this, and that I was in bondage or whatever simply because I had these attractions, and those six years were the worst six years of my life. Alcoholics, gamblers, stalkers, adulterers, have to deal with the shame, guilt, and such that I did. The difference that those things are directed at what they've done not who they are. You don't become a target of bullies because you cheated on your boyfriend, your best friend doesn't stop talking to you because she doesn't want people to think that because you drink she does, your family isn't passive aggressively told to leave the congregation because your dad gambled a lot of money, you don't have to fear being kicked out by your parents because you told a lie, you aren't driven to a suicidal depression because you struggle with heterosexual lust, you aren't excluded from every sorority in your college because you stole something once. Until recently, I could get fired from my job just for being gay, and I'm still pretty sure that if I went to buy a house they could refuse my offer just because I was gay, I could go on. Please forgive me that I don't see what is so tempting about that. The sex and being in a relationship? I'd agree, but I'm still a virgin and the worst of my experiences came before I was in one.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And..."Christian" attitudes are why thousands of LBGTQ kids commit suicide
Well I'd say that isn't my problem. We have free will. If you kill yourself then you answer for it. Me? I am disabled. When I was younger my health was SO beyond bad. I considered suicide. Could never do it though. I feared Gods judgment if I did it. I also realized death isn't the answer. Likewise if a LGBT kills themselves because a christian parent doesn't accept they are gay then its not the parent fault. We have to raise children right. More so you can "Accept" they are gay but still implement rules since it is your house.

What if you other kids who would be influenced by the gay child? This is why rules would be set in place. In the end if I am the parent, I'll love you but don't expect me to do everything you want like go to your wedding. I obey God over my child. BTW this isn't to say I wouldn't help my child or protect them. I would. Their my children.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says that if we live for Him, we will be hated and killed by Satanic people. There are people who do not know how to love; not only do they hate us, but they do not love each other who are sinners in Satan's kingdom. But Jesus says, if we live for Him we will be evil spoken of, but rejoice > Matthew 5:13.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is a kind of mental disorder like the schizophrenia, the psychoses, the autism, the anorexia, and the bulimia - it had even been stated as such in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders prior to 1973 year, and it is also caused by devilish spirits, so, it is not advisable for a human being to be homosexual, Jesus and His true disciples cast the devilish spirits out of the possessed/affected people completely and permanently, but unfortunately for the last years/decades there have been no enough true exorcists and priests to sanctify/purify/cleanse such people so effectively

Blessings

I disagree I don't think it's a mental disorder.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Likewise if a LGBT kills themselves because a christian parent doesn't accept they are gay then its not the parent fault.

You would be ok with your LBGT kid killing themselves because the pain of your rejection of them is more than they can take?

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

I think their point is illustrated here, on thou shall not kill, as stated in KJV.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill

If I read KJV, and follow that, criminals have a free hand with my family, for I am not allowed to kill those killers.

But, is do not kill what God really meant? If it is we follow.

Let ISIS, gave their way then and kill us all off.

Those homosexual Christians say that when they have tried to understand, why they are going to go to hell, and be put there by God, the Bible meaning for homosexual is not a do not kill type of definition, rather it is suffering from the same issues, (word choices to convey meaning), that do not kill has.

LOVE,
Not everyone uses the KJV just thought I would put that out there.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
it is a kind of mental disorder like the schizophrenia, the psychoses, the autism, the anorexia, and the bulimia - it had even been stated as such in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders prior to 1973 year, and it is also caused by devilish spirits, so, it is not advisable for a human being to be homosexual, Jesus and His true disciples cast the devilish spirits out of the possessed/affected people completely and permanently, but unfortunately for the last years/decades there have been no enough true exorcists and priests to sanctify/purify/cleanse such people so effectively

Blessings
If you truly believe it's a "mental disorder" you should really stop talking about it like it's a conscious choice.

Or do you think schizophrenics choose to have schizophrenia?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Likewise if a LGBT kills themselves
Satan's kingdom can use suicide as a threat in order to oppress us into accepting what is wrong. If I am right, I have God's strength so I can forgive people who hate and reject me. But in Satan's kingdom "fear of death" (Hebrews 2:14-15) is used to scare and intimidate people into accepting wrong stuff.

There are people so rebellious that they will commit suicide in order to promote their own ways, or because they can't have their own way.

And children can be self-destructive in various other ways, also. Smoking, for only one example, can be a slow form of suicide, after a child has decided not to honor the good advice of medical people and parents. Many are the ways of death which young people can choose, instead of honoring their parents and ones of good authority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I considered suicide. Could never do it though. I feared Gods judgment if I did it. I also realized death isn't the answer.
So because you, in you're situation, didn't end up committing suicide means it's just that simple for everyone else in their own situations?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't wish my experience in high school on my worst enemy. I spent roughly six years convinced that I could overcome this, and that I was in bondage or whatever simply because I had these attractions, and those six years were the worst six years of my life. Alcoholics, gamblers, stalkers, adulterers, have to deal with the shame, guilt, and such that I did. The difference that those things are directed at what they've done not who they are.
Kind of sort of yeah it is.
The Bible (God) describes them as such anyhow.
Society no, Society calls Drunkards "alcoholics"
God calls them drunkards.
God calls thieves thieves,
Pedophiles pedophiles.
But all have one thing in common, bondage to sin.

You don't become a target of bullies because you cheated on your boyfriend, your best friend doesn't stop talking to you because she doesn't want people to think that because you drink she does, your family isn't passive aggressively told to leave the congregation because your dad gambled a lot of money,
SO do.
One of my best friends is dating two married men.
I love her, I don't WANT to not hang with her.. but i have no choice.
And do you know that she told me that GOD put them in her life.
Verbatim" Well, (giggle giggle) i don't know why God put them in
my life but He knows what He's doing"
:( I tried to talk to her but she can't "see" it. She said some of the
same things you are saying. It was foolish of me to try to talk to
her when she must have a spirit of error or something.
Good reading > http://biblehub.com/1_john/4.htm

you don't have to fear being kicked out by your parents because you told a lie, you aren't driven to a suicidal depression because you struggle with heterosexual lust, you aren't excluded from every sorority in your college because you stole something once.
I have 8 kids and i would indeed have to ask them to move for ANY kind of continueing in sin.
I love my kids but I love God more, When I obey God, He can work in my kids and help them.
One of my kids was drunking,,, according to Scripture i was to have nothing to do with him.
Christianity, Kingdom living. GOD, devil.. demons, angels.. this shtuff is real baby!
Theres a battle going on and sex is SO unimportant in the big picture!

Until recently, I could get fired from my job just for being gay, and I'm still pretty sure that if I went to buy a house they could refuse my offer just because I was gay, I could go on. Please forgive me that I don't see what is so tempting about that. The sex and being in a relationship? I'd agree, but I'm still a virgin and the worst of my experiences came before I was in one.
I don't get this last part.
I would love to tell you everything you want to hear that would make
You "feel" better. But i can't. I lost the love of my life once because I
couldn't "hear" the truth. I was so angry years later and thought, man,
if that is ever me seeing MY friend mess up so bad, I'm going to tell her
and tell her and pray for her and pray for her until all heaven and earth
are moving for her!
So the least i can do is share what i believe to be truth :)
I do believe you're under the influence of a lie .. and when
we're under the influence of lying junk.. well, we don't know it
we can't know it.. so.. there ya go, that's what I believe :)
And my pastor would surely boot someone for continuing in gambling.
I'm also sorry you're going through this.
You're not asking my advice but here's what I woudl do if i were you
and someone was speaking to me as they are here.
I would fast and pray and fast and pray and seek GOD's voice on this
until you can hear Him LOUD AND CLEAR.
I'm telling you, if you fast until you KNOW that it's Him .. your life will
become amazing.. (one way or the other it WILL be good)
That's all i ahve to say about that :)
My heart goes out to you .

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kind of sort of yeah it is.
The Bible (God) describes them as such anyhow.
Society no, Society calls Drunkards "alcoholics"
God calls them drunkards.
God calls thieves thieves,
Pedophiles pedophiles.
But all have one thing in common, bondage to sin.

SO do.
One of my best friends is dating two married men.
I love her, I don't WANT to not hang with her.. but i have no choice.
And do you know that she told me that GOD put them in her life.
Verbatim" Well, (giggle giggle) i don't know why God put them in
my life but He knows what He's doing"
:( I tried to talk to her but she can't "see" it. She said some of the
same things you are saying. It was foolish of me to try to talk to
her when she must have a spirit of error or something.
Good reading > http://biblehub.com/1_john/4.htm

I have 8 kids and i would indeed have to ask them to move for ANY kind of continueing in sin.
I love my kids but I love God more, When I obey God, He can work in my kids and help them.
One of my kids was drunking,,, according to Scripture i was to have nothing to do with him.
Christianity, Kingdom living. GOD, devil.. demons, angels.. this shtuff is real baby!

I don't get this last part.
I would love to tell you everything you want to hear that would make
You "feel" better. But i can't. I lost the love of my life once because I
couldn't "hear" the truth. I was so angry years later and thought, man,
if that is ever me seeing MY friend mess up so bad, I'm going to tell her
and tell her and pray for her and pray for her until all heaven and earth
are moving for her!
So the least i can do is share what i believe to be truth :)
I do believe you're under the influence of a lie .. and when
we're under the influence of lying junk.. well, we don't know it
we can't know it.. so.. there ya go, that's what I believe :)
And my pastor would surely boot someone for continuing in gambling.
I'm also sorry you're going through this.
You're not asking my advice but here's what I woudl do if i were you
and someone was speaking to me as they are here.
I would fast and pray and fast and pray and seek GOD's voice on this
until you can hear Him LOUD AND CLEAR.
I'm telling you, if you fast until you KNOW that it's Him .. your life will
become amazing.. (one way or the other it WILL be good)
That's all i ahve to say about that :)
My heart goes out to you .
You seem to know an awful lot about what God calls things the Bible never mentions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't really know what to think of this to be honest sorry. I just can't agree with this. I mean if my kids are doing drugs and drinking yeah I'm going to tell them to move out and get them help.

I will say my parents are nothing like that though and I take comfort in that. They would get me help instead of kicking me out.

I'm not trying to be rude to you.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't really know what to think of this to be honest sorry. I just can't agree with this. I mean if my kids are doing drugs and drinking yeah I'm going to tell them to move out and get them help.

I will say my parents are nothing like that though and I take comfort in that. They would get me help instead of kicking me out.

Read you're new testament. Jesus was all about kicking sinners out and making them go it alone. Don't you know the easiest way to get over an addiction to something is to be reduced to homelessness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You're not being rude.
Not sure why you'd kick the kids out for the one thing but not for the other.
I'm just saying that I would obey God's Word.
Maybe you're not familiar with the passage of "have nothing to do with such"?
I can look it up if you're not.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Read you're new testament. Jesus was all about kicking sinners out and making them go it alone. Don't you know the easiest way to get over an addiction to something is to be reduced to homelessness?
Did you know I know someone who may be living on the streets right now with a drug addiction? I went to prom with him and he was wonderful. I don't know what happened to him but I am really worried because he was not always like that.

You can kick your kids out and watch them wither away if you want but I find that to be cruel and slightly abusive. There are some things in the Bible that are illegal today and or not done anymore because we know how to handle said situations better now without causing further damage to a person.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you think is loving and what God thinks is loving may not be the same.
Tough love works well on me, when I'm too dumb to just listen lol.

I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world,
or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters,
for then you would have to go out of the world.
11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with
any so-called brother if he is an immoral person,
or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard,
or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're not being rude.
Not sure why you'd kick the kids out for the one thing but not for the other.
I'm just saying that I would obey God's Word.
Maybe you're not familiar with the passage of "have nothing to do with such"?
I can look it up if you're not.
Sure go ahead and get it if you want.

I mean I would tell them to leave or get help and I would rather they get help because I want them to get better.

You can obey Gods word to the T if you want that's fine I have no problem with that I just don't want to see people hurt by it is all because I have in the past.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you know I know someone who may be living on the streets right now with a drug addiction? I went to prom with him and he was wonderful. I don't know what happened to him but I am really worried because he was not always like that.

You can kick your kids out and watch them wither away if you want but I find that to be cruel and slightly abusive. There are some things in the Bible that are illegal today and or not done anymore because we know how to handle said situations better now without causing further damage to a person.
We know better than the Bible?
No way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.