What to do if one of your Christian Children were homosexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locum7

Mar 2, 2016
Uk
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh no, Locum, my point is right on target. You aid the Bible always promotes marriage between a man and a women, monogamy. Well, maybe in Paul in the NT; but in the OT marriage is promoted between a man and women, more than one.
In regards to sexual relationships your point is still mute. The sexual elements of the marraiages was between men and women. And in our current revealed word of God, we need to take into account the wholevof scripture so pauls points are still valid. Either way still absolutely no allowance in scripture for homosexual marriage, all God endorsed sexual relationships were between men and woman. And that moment of union-a man and a woman. You dont have to agree with the bible, thsts ok, im not forcing you to believe it. I dont have a problem with you believing that homsexual marriage is fine, but the issue is that the bible teaches, very clearly, that the right place for sexual union is between a man and woman in marriage.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm posting in a thread where the OP asked about a theoretical child who comes out of the closet. The entire premise of the thread is ABOUT homosexuality and homosexual acts.

Since the thread is about homosexuality and homosexual acts, then we are obviously focusing on, yes, homosexuality and homosexual acts.

And my point being that your well intention ed homosexual child may well be harassed by
parents with their well intention ed message that they are going to hell, even if they
have stopped their hell bent behavior all together.

Becasue the scriptures are clear that even looking at a person of the same sex is having
sinned in their heart. (see: committed adultery)

So the message that homosexual "behavior" will send then to hell is condemning them to
a mental hell for life, just for having hormones.

27"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

So.....is Jesus asking us to remove parts of our body?

No. He is saying here that our body parts...or hormones...even thoughts ...are going to send us to hell.
So we need forgiveness for our hormones and our thoughts in all cases to avoid hell.
All we need is love to solve the problem.....no stern taking to needed to get us to mend
our evil ways......which will not change our desired body type anyway.
Our own evil and inperfect bodies or the type we desire.

Disciplined behavior is not the solution to avoiding Hell.
Parents who repent and call on God for their own sin condition is the solution.
This is the correct model for kids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh no, Locum, my point is right on target. You aid the Bible always promotes marriage between a man and a women, monogamy. Well, maybe in Paul in the NT; but in the OT marriage is promoted between a man and women, more than one.

Or none at all.
So evidently, "heterosexuality acts only" is not the saving issue.
Your not saved by having heterosexual sex.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In regards to sexual relationships your point is still mute. The sexual elements of the marraiages was between men and women. And in our current revealed word of God, we need to take into account the wholevof scripture so pauls points are still valid. Either way still absolutely no allowance in scripture for homosexual marriage, all God endorsed sexual relationships were between men and woman. And that moment of union-a man and a woman. You dont have to agree with the bible, thsts ok, im not forcing you to believe it. I dont have a problem with you believing that homsexual marriage is fine, but the issue is that the bible teaches, very clearly, that the right place for sexual union is between a man and woman in marriage.

It also teaches that women should cover their heads at all times.
But what about boys with female gentiles?
What are they to do?

Upvote 0

Locum7

Mar 2, 2016
Uk
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As
It also teaches that women should cover their heads at all times.
But what about boys with female gentiles?
What are they to do?
as always, off topic! Female head coverings was one verse easily explainable as culural. The entirety of the bible shows that for sexual relationships, in marriage between man and woman. In this thread, that is the focus. This is not talking about mixed genitalia or head coverings. If its so important to you, start another thread. My point still stands as being biblical, you dont have to believe the bible, no one is forcing you to

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2016
florida
✟7,631.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
People are sexual, not to say horny..

Now nobody decides what makes their hormones do stuff, it's what we discover in life.
But sexuality is mainly something of the flesh, from which a Christian is supposed to turn away.
Sex is for 2 people that love eachother, make a home together.

But, God is rather clear that homosexuality is an abomination of the concept of marriage.
But so is looking at people other than your partner with carnal desires.

So personally, i don't think it is about what makes your hormones do stuff.
Non the less, sodomy is rather disgusting for obvious reasons...

Strange though how the 'rear' is an erogenous zone...

Anyway, i think Christians make too big a deal of 'homosexual preferences'.
I'm not so sure where to stand though.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would remind them their identity is not defined by a fleshly, sexual urge, but by the truth of God's Word. And His Word clearly defines us as sons and daughters who have the power to overcome such urges.

Of course, any godly parent would also have taught their children how to mortify the flesh so that they would be able to walk after and follow the Holy Spirit with victory.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would remind them their identity is not defined by a fleshly, sexual urge, but by the truth of God's Word. And His Word clearly defines us as sons and daughters who have the power to overcome such urges.

Of course, any godly parent would also have taught their children how to mortify the flesh so that they would be able to walk after and follow the Holy Spirit with victory.

^^
This is a good point.

Homosexuals and Heterosexuals are in the same boat -- they both have fleshly evil desires that need to be put down in order to have victory.

We can't do this ourselves, we need Christ.

If a man lusts after a woman, it's wrong. If a man lusts after a man, it's wrong. Both are wrong. Kids need to be taught to not lust after people, to keep their eyes off of things they shouldn't be looking at, to lead holy lives.

Though I would still say that SSM has absolutely zero support in the Bible, but meh. Apparently "no support" means that it is OK or something, even though the sexual acts themselves are condemned and called "Abominations".

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am gay. I completely understand that you think I am inserting my bias, but in fact, I was first presented this view of same-sex relationships from a straight person, and did not accept it at first. In fact, I did not accept it for years. I believed I was called for celibacy (once I finally accepted that I was gay). My junior year of high school I met my fiancee, and we were friends for a while. I asked her out to end the friendship because I was too tempted around her to be in one, however, I realized during that dinner that the unloving action in that moment was ending the friendship, I just knew that it was the wrong choice, there was no regard for her whatsoever. I was being a terrible friend in that moment. Since we've been together, she's made me a better person, we've grown closer to Christ.
Just curious.
What if it had been minors you were attracted to rather than same sex.
What if you tried and tried but just had ZERO attraction to grown ups?
Interesting that there are many who live exactly that way.
Should they just "finally accept that they are "pedophiles"?
Or try to get laws changed to suit their particular 'feelings"?
No, they should SHUN "temptation' and DENY their flesh.
just as we ALL do. :) ALL Christians have to deny their flesh
It can be very difficult, may be alcohol or drugs or illicit sex
or homosexual sex or sex with the pooch (oh yeah, lots of
that nowadays ) It's called TEMPTATION from the pit of hell
and we DENY it.
We don't say, well I'm just a perv so i guess i have to be celiebate
or I'm just a thief so I better never go into a store
I'm a liar, I better never speak again>
The church is made up of ex sinners who were saved and STAND
against temptation.
You do what you want, but imo, you're being lied to and you're buying it
hook line and sinker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The secret to adequate understanding is the context of the entire Bible.
I resist the urge to include it all in one post.
Here it is again, it still says the same thing, but if you feel that you need
to read the ENTIRE Bible to "get it" then i encourage you to do so.
I'm guessing most folks here have done that, i know i have.

...The one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him;
and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious:
anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God,
nor the one who does not love his brother.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow. What a forum.

If scripture can be garbled, confused, misinterpreted, skewed, garbaged, it will be, by those who don't have a clue. That includes non-Christians and Christians.

Frank Sinatra sang a song called “My Way.” Its theme is, “I did it my way.” This is a good example of leaning on your own understanding and being wise in your own eyes — which is a recipe for disaster. If you sing it, change the words.

It is difficult to understand how folks who refer to themselves as Christian, then subvert the Gospel. Got a moment? 1 Corinthians 2:12-16. Read the introductory to the Book of 1 Corinthians. Read Romans 10:8-13. Understand that in Romans 9 through 11 Paul recorded his grief for those Hebrews who would not accept Jesus as their Messiah. He said to his readers, and to those he taught during his ministry: Confess Jesus as Savior. Believe in your heart that He rose from the dead, and what? (Hello, Hebrews! Hello, Gentiles!) You SHALL be saved.

Is that a license to sin? Romans 6:1-2.

It is all there. So clear. Such a blessing!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Ewq1938, the PCUSA and I think much differently. We believe God is a liberator from all forms of oppression, including sexual oppression.

God speaks against homosexuality is scripture so anything that contradicts His words is going contrary to Him. Homosexuality is a sin and God would not approve of making homosexuality acceptable especially in the situation of ordained ministers because they will not obviously teach the truth about how God feels about homosexuality.

This simply repeats this same basic situation where people perverted the natural order:

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Claiming this was only wrong because of it being part of a certain pagan religion is incorrect. The inspiration for these things doesn't change that this homosexualness between men and men and women and women was wrong itself.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT