Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey out there! I am in a 'pickle' with the church I belong to. I had originally attended this church for several years and was about to ask for membership when the Pastor announced he was leaving. Well, that threw a screwdriver in the spokes so to speak.
So, I ended up looking around at other churches because I was moving and needed a new church. Did not find any with the teachings as good so, I stayed there but, did not join. A few years back, I felt ready , again, to become a member. Ended up having a private meeting with the Pastor and explained the situation. I had said I was looking for a permanent church home as I plan to live my years out in the new area. Was concerned how other pastors had up and went in short order and wanted some stability, etc. This one was a great educated teacher and I knew I could continue to grow under his teachings. He indicated he had no intentions to go anywhere. With that said , I applied for and became a member. Like all churches, there are issues with certain people and have had to learn to deal with that. Became more active, serving here and there and growing and glorifying the Lord.
Then, a few years later- this pastor left with a short notice! I was shocked and let down. The church has put in an interim pastor and he is nice but, many activities and teachings have been dropped. Further, the few 'powers that be' do not seem to like or trust me. As a result, I am not being fed, not growing there. I also am unable to serve there either. I feel it is a dead church and sad about it but, also realize that may not be the case forever.
With this said, what do I do? It is a small town with limited churches in the area and do not see other options. What I have done for the time being is to serve and grow at a distant church that is healthy and they appreciate my serving and that feels good but, that is not a long term answer. Just do not know what to do. I do know the Lord does call us to commit to a church but, if I am not being fed/cannot grow and cannot serve, what to do?
can anyone comfort or advise me as what the Lord wants for me and this church? It is possible it can change with time and new leadership. It is a very small church but, I do get along with most of the membership and they all like me. It is the few 'powers that be' that seem to want to only see what they like/want.
frustrated

Last edited:

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's sounds like it's an opportunity to take off your training wheels without the support of this pastor. Figure out how you can serve without having someone look out for you. Note that you may fall off the bike at times but it's up to you to get back on to keep going and growing.

Upvote 0