What To Do About ISIS?

Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"I am committed to staying non-political here. But to suggest that ANY president of the US is going to choose NOT to act in the best interests of the country because he has an affinity for Muslims is really short sighted and uncharitable. And kind of ridiculous."

And don't forget the comment about somehow tying homosexuality with all of this, as if its the origin of all the evil taking place in the world.

If conservatives continue to spew out such conspiritorial nonsense like that, they will continue to lose credibility at an alarming rate.

Ok so back on topic, can people gather together and form a mecernary army to fight ISIS?

Reactions: tapi
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The problem isn't that the conspiracy theorist may be right about some of the things they are saying, but that they see the world in very stark contrast of black and white. For example, to make the statement that the entire foreign policy of the United States towards Russia rests completely on Obama's views of homosexuality and how he disagrees with Russia's views is quite frankly naive and simplistic. Governmental policies are very rarely that simple and straightforward. Does that mean that any personal beliefs or ideologies that Obama or any president may have does not influence policy? Of course not, but saying that its the reason is as stated before, very simplistic and conspiritorial because you are stringing together a series of evidence and interpreting it in such a way to draw a nefarious conclusions on people's motivations. Motivations are very complex, and while it can certainly contain an element of one's attempting to push forward and enact a certain ideology or belief system, it is very rarely just that and no other reason.

I don't think that anyone here is ignoring what gurneyhaleck1 said or disagrees with him, it just that its a lot more complicated than what he said. Our policy towards Russia and any other part of the world is shaped by so many factors that are occuring now, as well as what has happened in the past.

But again this is really off topic.

Upvote 0
N

Nik0s

ISIS is a scourge no doubt, but what exactly can be done besides taking the fight to them? Would you risk getting bogged down in Iraq again to tackle ISIS? What then, would stop a similar group from taking ISIS' place after we leave just as ISIS took Al Qaeda's place? It's a never ending cycle, and there's only one way to deal with it, by going to the root problem. Unfortunately, despite what our leaders would have us believe, Islam is the root problem. See the words of Emperor Manuel Paleologos from 600 years ago bearing witness.
Manuel II said:
"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
I know not all Muslims share the beliefs of ISIS, but Islam is the genesis of ISIS' radical beliefs. Muslims can be wonderful people, and I count Muslims amongst my friends, but unless the "silent majority" of Muslims condemns these actions en masse they risk being lumped in with ISIS.
I'm tired of seeing apologies for the actions of radical Islamists, it's time for the whole world to condemn in one voice the action's of ISIS, Muslim countries included. Any country that refuses to do so should be ostracized.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm tired of seeing apologies for the actions of radical Islamists, it's time for the whole world to condemn in one voice the action's of ISIS, Muslim countries included. Any country that refuses to do so should be ostracized.

Has this happened? I mean from someone who is actually involved in the problem? I think the condemnation of the actions of ISIS is universal, unless you happen to BE a radical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟116,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He's right, just ignore me. I should know better than to jump into things like this, knowing how I am. Forgive me for muddying the water.

I'm talking about ignoring gurney and his "LGBT Nazis" comment and the rest of the very confused post he made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Has this happened? I mean from someone who is actually involved in the problem? I think the condemnation of the actions of ISIS is universal, unless you happen to BE a radical.

Unfortunately there is a fairly significant number of people who are either sympathetic or empathetic to their cause because arguably their actions are allowed by the Quran, though some differ on the scale or brutality of their application of Sharia.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic

You do realize that the writer (a writer for Fox news, of course) doesn't name a single relevant person as having done that. Unless you count "Hollywood" and "liberals."

I'm not saying it has never happened. I'm just saying it hasn't happened with anybody who is actually relevant to the issue.

Actually, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying that suggesting the people who are creating the official US response to ISIS are somehow tainted or being swayed by those who are "sympathetic" toward them is just plain ridiculous. Also, it's really, REALLY bad politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Unfortunately there is a fairly significant number of people who are either sympathetic or empathetic to their cause because arguably their actions are allowed by the Quran, though some differ on the scale or brutality of their application of Sharia.

Well, yes. People do exist in the world who are sympathetic to the extremist cause. But it's not the government of the US.

Upvote 0
N

Nik0s

Actually, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying that suggesting the people who are creating the official US response to ISIS are somehow tainted or being swayed by those who are "sympathetic" toward them is just plain ridiculous. Also, it's really, REALLY bad politics.
Never suggested that and I would appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Reactions: isshinwhat
Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Well, yes. People do exist in the world who are sympathetic to the extremist cause. But it's not the government of the US.

Nik0s' comment was not speaking about the US government but a consolidated world response and involvement of the "silent majority" of Muslims.

Upvote 0