What To Do About ISIS?

Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
An American journalist was beheaded yesterday by ISIS.

This is becoming more and more concerning everday.

I hate to ask this question because I don't want this tread to turn into a political debate, but, what are we going to do about ISIS? Why have we not heard any strong condemnation by our government? Where are our allies? UK? France? Germany? Are they going to do anything?

I've heard that some elements in Turkey are aiding ISIS. Well, there is a simple solution to that, tell Turkey to stop it or their membership in NATO will be revoked and they can forget about even entertaining the possibility of joining the EU.

The same goes for any other Muslim country that is supporting ISIS, get that under control of face certain consequences.

How quick was Obama to condemn Russia, but how slow is he to condemn ISIS and any country that support it.

What can we do beside writing a pointless letter to our representatives and senators in Congress?

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama was quick to condemn Russia, imho, for two reasons:

First of all, he's FURIOUS at their stance regarding same-sex propaganda. Obama wants Russia to go the same route as the U.S. with the "LGBT" nazi propaganda and brainwashing in abundance. Putin isn't having it.

Secondly, Russia was a nation Obama scoffed at as not a threat and no longer 'in play' foreign policy-wise for the U.S. Remember how Obama mocked Romney in the debate saying, "Mr. Romney, the 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back" as the crowd laughed and laughed. Obama thought Romney's comments that Russia was a threat were laughable. Then he and Hillary tried "setting the reset button" with Russia. We all remember how that went!

So his feelings are hurt with the LGBT thing, and he has egg on his face with Putin's tough stance against the U.S.

Finally, Obama has ALWAYS had huge sympathies for Muslims. No surprise there. In the super far left liberal mindset, terrorists are "freedom fighters" and big countries like Russia intervening in places like South Ossetia or Georgia or Ukraine is tantamount to being thugs. But terrorists are ok. They're the "little guy" from his community organizer days! ^_^

We're going to have to take a tough stance with ISIS. I think surgical black ops operations are in order, plenty of drone strikes, bombing key sites, etc. The Middle East is ALWAYS going to be a mess. But what is most important, imo, is protecting Christians in Syria and Iraq. Our brothers and sisters in Christ have been through hell there. :crosseo:

An American journalist was beheaded yesterday by ISIS.

This is becoming more and more concerning everday.

I hate to ask this question because I don't want this tread to turn into a political debate, but, what are we going to do about ISIS? Why have we not heard any strong condemnation by our government? Where are our allies? UK? France? Germany? Are they going to do anything?

I've heard that some elements in Turkey are aiding ISIS. Well, there is a simple solution to that, tell Turkey to stop it or their membership in NATO will be revoked and they can forget about even entertaining the possibility of joining the EU.

The same goes for any other Muslim country that is supporting ISIS, get that under control of face certain consequences.

How quick was Obama to condemn Russia, but how slow is he to condemn ISIS and any country that support it.

What can we do beside writing a pointless letter to our representatives and senators in Congress?

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hate to say this but I think what it's going to take is ISIS doing something directly on American soil before we take the type of action you guys are callling for (I agree with them) and if Obama reacts poorly, then he'll be impeached. How Obama reacts to something happening on American soil will reveal if you are right about your assesment of him Gurneyhaleck1. Now, its on the other side of the world happening "over there" beyond arms reach.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Obama was quick to condemn Russia, imho, for two reasons:

First of all, he's FURIOUS at their stance regarding same-sex propaganda. Obama wants Russia to go the same route as the U.S. with the "LGBT" nazi propaganda and brainwashing in abundance. Putin isn't having it.

Secondly, Russia was a nation Obama scoffed at as not a threat and no longer 'in play' foreign policy-wise for the U.S. Remember how Obama mocked Romney in the debate saying, "Mr. Romney, the 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back" as the crowd laughed and laughed. Obama thought Romney's comments that Russia was a threat were laughable. Then he and Hillary tried "setting the reset button" with Russia. We all remember how that went!

So his feelings are hurt with the LGBT thing, and he has egg on his face with Putin's tough stance against the U.S.

Finally, Obama has ALWAYS had huge sympathies for Muslims. No surprise there. In the super far left liberal mindset, terrorists are "freedom fighters" and big countries like Russia intervening in places like South Ossetia or Georgia or Ukraine is tantamount to being thugs. But terrorists are ok. They're the "little guy" from his community organizer days! ^_^

We're going to have to take a tough stance with ISIS. I think surgical black ops operations are in order, plenty of drone strikes, bombing key sites, etc. The Middle East is ALWAYS going to be a mess. But what is most important, imo, is protecting Christians in Syria and Iraq. Our brothers and sisters in Christ have been through hell there. :crosseo:
Yup. :( :crosseo::crosseo::crosseo: May God have mercy on his soul!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Chaldean Patriarch issued a scathing attack on Islam. He also warned the west that their policies also means their headed down the same road. Its the first time I heard an Eastern Christian issue such a strong warning against Islam. His advice says it all.

There's nothing more we can do about ISIS because they are our ally in the region. Has any wondered why a journalist vanishing in Syria two years ago ended captive by ISIS in Iraq? Afterall the journalists would have been embedded with those freedom fighting rebels. I can almost guarantee you Assads regime was blamed for his disappearance two years ago. Instead it was the rebels he embedded himself with backed by you know who, that took him captive, those freedom loving rebels today are called Isis.
We can arm the kurds to a point but since our other wonderful ally Turkey does not want that, I don't expect much empowerment of the Kurds.

Upvote 0
S

SeventhValley

Obama is doing the right thing. Helping out Kurdish forces retake areas from ISIS with Air Power. No boots on the ground. If ISIS was not there someone else would be.

He is quicker on ISIS as military action is being taken against them where as Russia is just not being traded with as much(normal small stuff between countries that have a disagreement). I would vote for Obama again(from an Iraq Vet)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
The regional powers must first decide that al Qaeda in Iraq/ISIS/ISIL/IS or whatever name they are calling themselves this month is a sufficiently large enough problem and stop it themselves, but they are not apt to do that because the atrocities ISIS commits are only different in scale than those they commit themselves. Our lack of a consistent foreign policy and political/societal will prevent our being able to do anything meaningful there besides aid in the evacuation of large populations in order to prevent genocide. Al Qaeda in Iraq/ISIS was only able to gain power again because of the regional instability which spread from North Africa and we helped foment that... I would prefer we provide humanitarian relief and evacuation to aid those directly suffering, then develop a meaningful long term policy that applies the necessary political pressure to affect real change. But I don't see that happening.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
smh

Obama is doing the right thing. Helping out Kurdish forces retake areas from ISIS with Air Power. No boots on the ground. If ISIS was not there someone else would be.

He is quicker on ISIS as military action is being taken against them where as Russia is just not being traded with as much. Russia got off easy. I would vote for Obama again(from an Iraq Vet)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spreading the filthy diseases created by their sodomic lifestyle while spreading a filthy AIDS disease throughout the world and tainting blood, I'd say plenty! :p

So... how many million corpses have they racked up so far?

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I truly believe the devil is in the details and thats why we are are not taking it seriously. When ISIS anounced they will require all women aged 14 and up to undergo female circumscision, no feminist said anything.

I haven't heard anyone even mention giving refugee status to any threatened minority group who may ask of it.

The rumors are that these islamists were trained in the same Turkish air base which is also shared by the Americans and Brits. All three were hell bent in ousting Assad's regime, and this base is precisely there for such an operation. Its just that their creation of training radical rebels have made them wander too far off the reservation.

Installation Overview --Incirlik Air Base, Turkey

Is there anyway to sponsor middleastern christians to bring them here?? I really dont know

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In one of my previous posts I mentioned the Chaldean patriarch. The scathing comments are actually from the chaldean archbishop of Mosul. I sometimes accuse middle eastern christian leaders of suffering from stockholme Syndrome.

Well this chaldean bishop of Mosul is not. I've mentioned in times past that the west's immigration policies are suicidal. Migration of Muslims regardless whether there good people or not should be severely limited. Well the chaldean bishop who is residing in exile in Erbil said the same thing in this interview. He pulled no punches:

August 9, 2014. The young ask for guns. The elderly approve. "Our sufferings today are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future," says Amel Nona, 47, Chaldean archbishop of Mosul exiled in Erbil. The message is unequivocal: the only way to end the Christian exodus from the places that witnessed its origins in the pre-Islamic age is to respond to violence with violence, to force with force. Nona is a wounded, pain-stricken man, but not resigned. "I lost my diocese. The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive." He is very glad to meet Western media. "Please, try to understand us," he exclaims. "Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here. You must consider again our reality in the Middle East, because you are welcoming in your countries an ever growing number of Muslims. Also you are in danger. You must take strong and courageous decisions, even at the cost of contradicting your principles. You think all men are equal," Archbishop Amel Nona continues, "but that is not true: Islam does not say that all men are equal. Your values are not their values. If you do not understand this soon enough, you will become the victims of the enemy you have welcomed in your home."

RORATE CÆLI: Archbishop of Mosul: "I have lost my Diocese to Islam - You in the West will also become the victims of Muslims"

Upvote 0