What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

Here is my list.

#1. I used to believe we had to follow the Old Testament laws in addition to the New Testament laws. Until one day I discovered verses that the New Covenant began with Christ's death and it ended the Old Covenant. In other words, I believe that believers today are to primarily follow the New Testament commands because we are New Covenant believers.

#2. I used to think that Christians could go to war and or they can respond with violence when attacked. But I have come to later learn that the Scriptures teach Non-Resistance (while believers live out their faith). Check out this thread here:

Nonresistance as Taught in the New Testament is Moral and Good.

#3. I used to believe Romans 3:25 was a verse that proves past sins are forgiven for a believer. But this verse is actually talking about those who sinned while under the Old Covenant. Note: Now, I do believe past sins only are forgiven for a Christian, but this verse is not such a verse that makes such a case.

#4. I used to believe that believers can use the same miraculous gifts that the early church had. Today, I lean more towards Cessationism (even though I leave a little bit of room for mystery that I could be wrong).

#5. I used to believe in Eternal Conscious Torment. I believe I was mistaken on this belief after learning of the truth on Dualistic Conditional Immortality (See here). This is the view that hell is a very real place of punishment, but the wicked will be destroyed (erased from existence) in the Lake of Fire after the Judgment and after they have been punished for a set amount of time for their sins. Note: At one point in time, I was on the fence on these two beliefs, until Scripture convinced me otherwise.

#6. I used to think believers could be rich by how we generally understand that word. Meaning, I thought we could be millionaires and still be in service to Christ. But I have learned that this is not so. 1 Timothy 6 is a big refutation of that idea.

#7. John 19:14 says the sixth hour is when Pilate mocks Jesus before a crowd. Yet, on the sixth hour, Scripture says darkness came upon the land after he was on the cross (Matthew 27:45). Many have tried to resolve this supposed contradiction in the Bible in many ways. I used to think the sixth hour in John 19:14 was in reference to a flash forward in time.
However, I abandoned this idea.

I now believe there are two different clocks here. Christ’s clock (or hours); And the normal reckoning of hours within a calendar day.

1. Christ’s 1st hour. This the 1st hour of when Christ is betrayed into the hands of sinners​
(Christ’s 1st hour: See Matthew 26:45). This is Christ’s hour because Christ’s says elsewhere, “My hour has not yet come.” (John 2:4).​
2. Early the next morning, Jesus is judged by Pilate (a Roman) early in the morning.​
3. Jesus is then whipped and mocked.​
4. Christ’s 6th hour. This is after six hours have past from the previous night of the 1st hour of when Jesus was betrayed into the hands of sinners (Matthew 26:45): Pilate sets Jesus before a Jewish audience and says to them, “Behold your king!” (Christ’s 6th hour: See John 19:14).​
5. Then at 9:00AM (3rd hour of the Day): Jesus is crucified.​
6. Darkness within the sky comes upon the land at 12:00PM (6th hour of the Day).​
7. Then at 3:00PM (9th hour of the Day) Jesus dies and He becomes our Passover Lamb, Christ is sacrificed for us (man).​

#8. I used to think time exists like it does in time travel movies, books, comics, etc.; Meaning, I used to believe God existed in all points in time (past, present, and future). However, I have abandoned this idea based on what Scripture says. I believe God simply exists in the present moment of time like all of us do (However, God can obviously see what is going to happen before it happens, though).

#9. At one point in time, I briefly believed for a few days in the Pre-Wrath model. Today, I hold to the view that there is a potential Pre-Trib Rapture, and another event that is the gathering up of the saints by angels in the Middle of the Tribulation (after the abomination of desolations takes place).

#10. I believed in Once Saved Always Saved very briefly (Note: I think it was like 1 or 2 hours), until I researched the Scriptures later that night and learned that it was false.

#11. I used to believe that Christians had to tithe, until I learned that tithing was Old Covenant and that Paul tells us in Corinthians to give what God has purposed in our heart to give.

#12. I used to think church was going to a big building to worship God amongst a bunch of strangers, or people you could not connect with, but I have come to discover that the church are a people, and the early church gathered in each other's homes, and they were close friends and they knew each other.

#13. I used to believe in Total Depravity (Which is one of the points in TULIP within Calvinism). I used to have a super long list to defend this viewpoint. But the more I investigated Scripture even more, I realized that I was taking these verses out of context. I believe all five points of Calvinism are not true now.

#14. I used to believe Jesus did actually know the day and hour of His return during His earthly ministry, but He was using clever word play to make a spiritual point. In time, I realized I was wrong about this, and Jesus suppressed His divine attribute of Omniscience. I still currently believe Jesus was not powerless during His earthly ministry. Check out this list here:

1. Jesus said He has power to raise the dead to life just as the Father had power to raise the dead (John 5:21).​
2. Hebrews 1:3 talks about how Christ held all things together by the word of His power when He purged us of our sins.​
3. Jesus said, He would raise up this Temple (His body) three days later (John 2:19).​
4. Jesus had the power to forgive sins and give eternal life (Mark 2:7) (Luke 7:44-50) (John 14:6).​
5 Jesus had power to take away the sins of the entire world (John 1:29).​
6. Jesus Christ said wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them (Matthew 18:20). This was said to the people he was around and not to just us today.​
7. Jesus knew men's thoughts (Matthew 9:4) (Matthew 12:25) (Mark 2:8) (Luke 5:22) (Luke 6:8) (Luke 9:47) (Luke 24:38).​
8. Jesus knew about the lives of others (John 2:24) (John 4:17-18) (John 4:29) (John 6:64).​

#15. I used to think the angel of the Lord in the Old Testament was just a reference to a created angel. I later discovered that Jesus (Who is GOD and uncreated) was the one who used this title in the OT. No. I don't believe Jesus is an actual angel. The word “angel” means “messenger.” In addition, I believe the “Living Word” (i.e. the Son or second person of the Trinity) put on a soulless shell of an angel body (sort of like a cloak or angel suit) to house His glory as the Son of God. For I now believe today that Jesus made many pre-incarnate appearances in the Old Testament. Check out this thread here to learn more (if you are interested):

Jesus is the Messenger of the Lord in the Old Testament.

#16. I used to believe Ham's sin was looking at Noah's naked body. But I now believe the words used in Genesis 9 are a metaphor that refers to Ham had intimate relations with Noah's wife, whereby he impregnated her (Hence, why Canaan was cursed). To learn more, check out this thread here:

Biblical Metaphors Shed Light on Ham's Sin in Noah's Tent.

#17. I used to believe that faithful believers went directly to Heaven when they died today. I came to learn that believers today who are faithful go to Abraham's bosom until the Rapture happens. Then after the Rapture takes place, believers who will die from that point on will go directly to Heaven.

#18. I went back forth on the baptism issue. I formerly used to believe Spirit baptism is the one baptism mentioned in Ephesians 4:5 and that is the New Covenant form of baptism. I now believe God does require us to be water baptized when we are able to do so as a part of our continued faith. I don’t believe like the Church of Christ or the Catholic Church on this issue. I don’t believe water baptism is the point of contact of faith to be initially saved. Believers can be initially saved by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Also, a person can accept Jesus as their Savior on their deathbed and be saved (without being water baptized) (John 1:12). But if a believer lives out their faith in this life, they will find an opportunity to be water baptized because it is a part of our faith; For the just live by faith.

#19. I used to believe that the firmament (i.e. Heaven) in Genesis 1:8 was either referring to the sky or to both the sky and outer space. I currently believe now that this firmament (Heaven) in Genesis 1:8 is in reference to the core layer of the Earth that separates the ocean from the fountains of the deep. But how can the firmament be called Heaven if this is so? Well, the reason why it is called Heaven is because Abraham's Bosom is in the heart of the Earth, and or God intended to have His Kingdom on the Earth (of which we see in the New Earth). For it was God's plan to have Heaven on Earth since the beginning.

Now, Genesis 1:14 describes a different firmament. It is called the firmament of Heaven. On Day 4: This firmament of the Heaven includes the sun, moon, and stars being placed in it (Which would obviously be our vantage point or view of the sky - but technically they would be in outer space). This viewpoint explains Genesis 7:11 of the fountains of the deep breaking up. So the firmament (the Earth's core) in Genesis 1:8 is saying that the waters above is the oceans and the waters below this firmament would be the fountains of the deep.

So the first heaven is the core layer of the Earth separating the oceans from the fountains of the deep.

The second heaven would be both the sky (Earth's atmosphere) and outer space (with the stars, and planets).

The third Heaven would be the place that Paul described in 2 Corinthians 12:2.

This view makes sense because the apostle Paul would not know about outer space and think it was a secondary Heaven separate from the sky being the first Heaven. That would be our understanding but not his (Unless God revealed this truth to him).

#20. I used to believe Rahab employed a tactic called the “Art of War” tactic in that during war time it was not considered a lie to deceive one’s enemies to save Israelite lives. But after much thought, and prayer, and in seeking the Scriptures on the matter, I have abandoned this viewpoint, and I now hold to only two possibilities only (and not three possibilities) as to what happened involving Rahab when she spoke to the guards about the two spies. To learn more, check out my post here (along with my subsequent posts).

#21. I used to believe Hebrews 8 and Hebrews 9 was referring to the first testament as starting between God and Adam & Eve (When God sacrificed an animal to clothe their nakedness). But after discussing this more with another believer online, he showed me the actual Scripture that proves that the 1st testament mentioned in Hebrews is actually referring to the covenant made between God and Moses & the Israelites.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 1:17. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

I once thought that Grace sustained me for what I lacked in Truth, and that as I grew in Truth, I
would require less Grace, as if an inverse function. Then I read Peter:
2 Peter 3:18. but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

I now know that all things that pertain to life and godliness are found in Him, and are in harmony,
and must grow in us into the fullness of Christ, where The Father and The Son are All, in All.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 1:17. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

I once thought that Grace sustained me for what I lacked in Truth, and that as I grew in Truth, I
2 Peter 3:18. but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I now know that all things that pertain to life and godliness are found in Him, and are in harmony,
and must grow in us into the fullness of Christ, where The Father and The Son are All, in All.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing. It feels good to share the truth of how we grown in the knowledge of His Word.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice thread.

I used to believe in a "rapture".
I used to believe in eternal security.
Those are the major ones. But the biggest one that the devil had me duped on was my flawed understanding of what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nice thread.

I used to believe in a "rapture".
I used to believe in eternal security.
Those are the major ones. But the biggest one that the devil had me duped on was my flawed understanding of what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

Thank you for the compliment.
May the Lord get all the glory.
Oh, and thank you so much for sharing, too.
It is interesting to look back, and see how we have grown in knowledge of His Word.

God is so good to us.

May God bless you today.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was more messed up than any of you :).

1) I used to believe in 7 Church sacraments. Now I believe in 2 but they're still sacraments, not ordinances.

2) I used to believe that one loses his salvation as soon as he does any sin and until he confesses his sin.

3) I didn't understand God's grace and its effects. When I first read P Yancey's book on grace I was flabbergasted.

4) I believed that remarriage was an ongoing sin so it could not be forgiven.

5) I did not believe in speaking in tongues.

6) For a short period of time, I believed in pretrib or prewrath rapture.

7) My views on eternal damnation have changed.

Why the Last Judgment?

There is probably a lot more, I'll keep thinking :scratch:.

Last edited:
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Here is my list.

#1. I used to believe we had to follow the Old Testament laws in addition to the New Testament laws. Until one day I discovered verses that the New Covenant began with Christ's death and it ended the Old Covenant. In other words, I believe that believers today are to primarily follow the New Testament commands because we are New Covenant believers.

Reminds me of one on my list..

#1. I used to think that the New Covenant started with Christ's death - until I read Jer 31:31-34 and found it in the OT... and read Gal 1:6-9 where there is only ONE Gospel and then in Gal 3:8 "that gospel was preached to Abraham" - and then I learned about "Exegesis" where "it matters" what Jeremiah and his readers knew of the "Law of God written on the heart" in Jer 31. Since that points directly to the "Ten" written on stone at Sinai and singled-out as the only code of law inside the ark.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

#3. I used to believe Romans 3:25 was a verse that proves past sins are forgiven for a believer. But this verse is actually talking about those who sinned while under the Old Covenant. .

Reminds me of #2 on my list.

#2. I used to think that Romans 3:25 was the only verse that spoke of past sins forgiven.

Rom 3: 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;

2 Pet 1:9 "9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins."

Matt 18:32 I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

#4. I used to believe that believers can use the same miraculous gifts that the early church had. Today, I lean more towards Cessationism (even though I leave a little bit of room for mystery that I could be wrong).

Reminds me of #3 in my list

#4 - I used to think that cessationism was in the Bible when I heard it discussed - until I got to Ephesians 4.

Eph 4:
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

#5. I used to believe in Eternal Conscious Torment. I believe I was mistaken on this belief after learning of the truth on Dualistic Conditional Immortality. This is the view that hell is a very real place of punishment, but the wicked will be destroyed (erased from existence) in the Lake of Fire after the Judgment and after they have been punished for a set amount of time for their sins. Note: At one point in time, I was on the fence on these two beliefs, until Scripture convinced me otherwise.

ok - you got me on that one - I never believed in Eternal Conscious Torment, but I do agree with your conclusion above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to think that, if i needed to get to the Lord, i'd have to go through protocol, yet The Lord isn't as far as i initially thought He was. For example, i began to believe in some pastors' bogus teachings, about sowing seed and paying my way through inorder to receive miracle breakthroughs, up until the Lord delivered me from the hands of these cowboy/rogue prophets. FRIENDS HEAR THIS, THE LORD IS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU, IF EVER YOU NEED HIM..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was a Teenage Arminian Dispensationalist Charismatic (Think "I was a teenage werewolf", the 50s horror flick) and you'll get the picture. It took years of study to recognize the errors. And to become free from all of this. Today at 71 years old, I'm Calvinistic in sin and grace. Amillennial in Eschatology. Cessationist in Charismatic theory, and Baptist in church practice. Also, I stand with the Ecumenical Creeds.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me of #2 on my list.

#2. I used to think that Romans 3:25 was the only verse that spoke of past sins forgiven.

Rom 3: 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;

2 Pet 1:9 "9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins."

Matt 18:32 I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.

Yes, I agree that past sins only is forgiven for a believer. I don't buy into the whole “future sin is forgiven for the believer” type belief that is popular nowadays.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ok - you got me on that one - I never believed in Eternal Conscious Torment, but I do agree with your conclusion above.

I am apalled that I used to believe in Eternal Torment. I think sometimes we really do not take the time to stop and think what we believe always.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
#7. John 19:14 says the sixth hour is when Pilate mocks Jesus before a crowd. Yet, on the sixth hour, Scripture says darkness came upon the land after he was on the cross (Matthew 27:45). Many have tried to resolve this supposed contradiction in the Bible in many ways. I used to think the sixth hour in John 19:14 was in reference to flash forward in time.
However, I abandoned this idea.

I now believe there two different clocks here. Christ’s clock (or hours); And the normal reckoning of hours within a calendar day.

1. Christ’s 1st hour. This the 1st hour of when Christ is betrayed into the hands of sinners
(Christ’s 1st hour: See Matthew 26:45). This is Christ’s hour because Christ’s says elsewhere, “My hour has not yet come.” (John 2:4).
2. Early the next morning, Jesus is judged by Pilate (a Roman) early in the morning.
3. Jesus is then whipped and mocked.
4. Christ’s 6th hour. This is after six hours have past from the previous night of the 1st hour of when Jesus was betrayed into the hands of sinners (Matthew 26:45): Pilate sets Jesus before a Jewish audience and says to them, “Behold your king!” (Christ’s 6th hour: See John 19:14).
5. Then at 9:00AM (3rd hour of the Day): Jesus is crucified.
6. Darkness within the sky comes upon the land at 12:00PM (6th hour of the Day).
7. Then at 3:00PM (9th hour of the Day) Jesus dies and He becomes our Passover Lamb, Christ is sacrificed for us (man).​

John 18 was what we call thursday - and it goes all the way into what in Roman time is midnight etc.

The Jews had 12 hours of the night. And 12 hours of the Day. Matt 27:45 refers to the sixth hour of the day which starts at 6 am. so that is noon.

John 19 refers to the 6th hour of the night that began at 6pm on Thursday evening and the time was around midnight so then just turning over to what we would call early Friday AM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to think that, if i needed to get to the Lord, i'd have to go through protocol, yet The Lord isn't as far as i initially thought He was. For example, i began to believe in some pastors' bogus teachings, about sowing seed and paying my way through inorder to receive miracle breakthroughs, up until the Lord delivered me from the hands of these cowboy/rogue prophets. FRIENDS HEAR THIS, THE LORD IS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU, IF EVER YOU NEED HIM..

Sorry to hear that you went through that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 18 was what we call thursday - and it goes all the way into what in Roman time is midnight etc.

The Jews had 12 hours of the night. And 12 hours of the Day. Matt 27:45 refers to the sixth hour of the day which starts at 6 am. so that is noon.

John 19 refers to the 6th hour of the night that began at 6pm on Thursday evening and the time was around midnight so then just turning over to what we would call early Friday AM.

I was aware of the “Roman's version of time, vs. the Jews's version of time” explanation. I just did not buy it because it was not something that was explained in Scripture. I believe contradictions are explained by asking God for the understanding, and comparing Scripture with Scripture but everyone has their own unique approach at doing that.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am apalled that I used to believe in Eternal Torment. I think sometimes we really do not take the time to stop and think what we believe always.
God would not be good if he didn't punish sin forever. Why punish Christ, if you walk anyway?

Reactions: Biltong65
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I used to think we had a immortal spirit of some kind that went to either heaven or hell when we died earthly death. I learned there is nothing immortal about us (only God is immortal), and we receive immortality when Jesus comes and only then.

1 Timothy 6:16
Berean Study Bible
He alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light. No one has ever seen Him, nor can anyone see Him. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

I used to think (and shudder) that God tortures people in "hell" .... burning them for eternity. I learned when earthly death occurs all wait dormant/sleep (know nothing) in the grave until He returns and then the saved are resurrected and we are with Him from then into eternity. Nobody is currently being tortured in hell and although all the wicked will be annihilated (necessary to eradicate sin forever) ... nobody will be tortured/burning for eternity.

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

1 Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13 Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.15 By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was aware of the “Roman's version of time, vs. the Jews's version of time” explanation. I just did not buy it because it was not something that was explained in Scripture. I believe contradictions are explained by asking God for the understanding, and comparing Scripture with Scripture but everyone has their own unique approach at doing that.

True - but I am not claiming this is Romans vs Jewish... I think they are only Jewish in John and in Matthew.

I only bring up the Roman because it is what we are using now and it helps to understand in the terms we use today.

Upvote 0