LDS What the Mormon missionaries taught me...

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Thank God the time has come where the veil is torn and we no longer have to have a temple.

John 4:23-24
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The temple worship service is the most Christ-centered worship service in the world. Why would you thank God/Jesus for doing away with that worship service??????

In the temple is where you will find the greatest manifestation of worshipping in the Spirit and in truth. It is the zenith of worship. Why would you thank God/Jesus for doing away with that worship service?????????

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The temple worship service is the most Christ-centered worship service in the world. Why would you thank God/Jesus for doing away with that worship service??????

In the temple is where you will find the greatest manifestation of worshipping in the Spirit and in truth. It is the zenith of worship. Why would you thank God/Jesus for doing away with that worship service?????????

Why would you suggest that anything like a Mormon temple ever existed before Joseph Smith? I'd rather have JESUS!

Mormon Temple Tub.jpg

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why would you suggest that anything like a Mormon temple ever existed before Joseph Smith? I'd rather have JESUS!

View attachment 217895
In the temple of dedicated to God and Jesus, you will have the ultimate God and Jesus experience than anywhere else in the world. The temple is literally a portal into heaven and is the closest place to heaven than anywhere else in the world.

There has been found, many rooms in the temple in Jerusalem that nobody knows what they were for. Many have made guesses, but they are not sure why they existed. Mormons know why they existed, it was for a higher ceremony or worship of Jesus Christ. It was eventually lost [staff edit].

Now by the time of Christ, 500 years since the last prophet, the Jews had lost anything to do with the true temple ceremonies. The high priest conducting the temple was chosen by Rome. Rome was certainly not a conduit to heaven and revelation. So the temple ceremony by the time of Christ meant nothing to the people. It was a shadow of the temple that existed under God and Jesus and the children of Israel.

When Jesus restored the true church in his time and the true priesthood, and the keys of that priesthood, and the true ordinances, the people of the first century rejected the higher level of Jesus worship associated with the temple. This was part of the 'meat' of the gospel that Paul tells us that the people would not recieve. They would not recieve the 'meat' of the gospel because they were having major problems living the 'milk' of the gospel.
(See 1 Corithians 3:2 and Hebrews 5:11-14)

IOW the people would not accept the higher level of commitments that would be made to Jesus Christ in a temple worship service, so the Lord was not able to bring that blessing to the people at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

None of what you say is Biblical. [Staff edit]. Worshipping in Spirit and truth has no boudaries and is not confined to some faux temple.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
None of what you say is Biblical. [Staff edit]. Worshipping in Spirit and truth has no boudaries and is not confined to some faux temple.
You are right, worshipping in spirit and truth is not confined to some faux temple, but in a temple dedicated to the worship of God and Jesus, worshipping in spirit and truth is a maximum experience. One day you may find out.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right, worshipping in spirit and truth is not confined to some faux temple, but in a temple dedicated to the worship of God and Jesus, worshipping in spirit and truth is a maximum experience. One day you may find out.
Dedicating a building does not mean that which goes on in said building is worshipping in spirit and truth. Since your temple ceremonies are "sacred", I will not elaborate, but what goes on in there is certainly not honoring God in Spirit and truth.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

It is JS that initiated the dedication of a temple specifically designed to worship God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and to take a higher level commitment to live like Jesus Christ taught us.

IOW you are missing out on a wonderful way to help you in your walk with Jesus Christ. We do need all the help that we can receive from God and Jesus and the HS and others with like minded thoughts in their walk with Jesus.

The temple is only there to help you with your walk with Jesus Christ. Our busy lives are full of problems and stress and with wickedness all around us, ir is interesting to walk into the temple and leave that all outside, and walk into a world of worshipping Jesus Christ. It is a relaxing, spiritual experience that you cannot find outside the temple. Believe me, I have been in many churches around the world, and I feel the spirit in each one, but in the temple, that spirit is magnified to a higher level and a longer time as we learn about how to be like Jesus Christ.

Isn't that the goal of every Christian, to live like Jesus lived? Jesus found himself in the temple frequently.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Dedicating a building does not mean that which goes on in said building is worshipping in spirit and truth. Since your temple ceremonies are "sacred", I will not elaborate, but what goes on in there is certainly not honoring God in Spirit and truth.
Since you would not elaborate, thank you, I will just say that you need to come and do a temple worship session before you try to judge.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Do you think for 1 moment that I would allow myself and my wife and my children to be compromised in any way by a temple service that is disgusting or sexual or irreverent or blasphemous. I would be the first one to step forward and denounce it.

You cannot judge the temple worship ceremony until you have been there and done that. Even if people say things about it or you have a video of part of it, you cannot judge it from that, you have to experience it in real time to know what I am talking about.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Since you would not elaborate, thank you, I will just say that you need to come and do a temple worship session before you try to judge.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Do you think for 1 moment that I would allow myself and my wife and my children to be compromised in any way by a temple service that is disgusting or sexual or irreverent or blasphemous. I would be the first one to step forward and denounce it.

You cannot judge the temple worship ceremony until you have been there and done that. Even if people say things about it or you have a video of part of it, you cannot judge it from that, you have to experience it in real time to know what I am talking about.

No, he doesn't. The ceremony that you're talking about allows children to be present. But the objectionable parts are only for adults. Of course, if the past washings and annointings had been true, they shouldn't have been changed.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
[Staff edit].

The temple is only there to help you with your walk with Jesus Christ. Our busy lives are full of problems and stress and with wickedness all around us, ir is interesting to walk into the temple and leave that all outside, and walk into a world of worshipping Jesus Christ. It is a relaxing, spiritual experience that you cannot find outside the temple. Believe me, I have been in many churches around the world, and I feel the spirit in each one, but in the temple, that spirit is magnified to a higher level and a longer time as we learn about how to be like Jesus Christ.

Christians have the True God and you can't begin to imagine how wonderful that is. I know His love and comfort immensely when a loved one dies or when I'm alone in a quiet place and go to God in prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a non-member, and as I understand your rules, it is impossible for me to do such a thing. I have been to what I think was an auxilliary building to one of your temples about 30 years ago. Didn't impress my spirit then.
I don't know what you think, but I'm wondering why you haven't denouced it yet by that criteria.
Many NT encounters with Jesus happened outside of a building. A building may only sensorarily enhance a type of worship, but is not needed for a spiritually mind blowing experience.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
As a non-member, and as I understand your rules, it is impossible for me to do such a thing. I have been to what I think was an auxilliary building to one of your temples about 30 years ago. Didn't impress my spirit then.

Why would your spirit be impressed? You probably came to the building with a mixed spirit, maybe even a little anti-temple attitude.

I don't know what you think, but I'm wondering why you haven't denouced it yet by that criteria.

Because of your prejudice, you will have a hard time understanding that what you have learned about the temple is not necessarily all true. So unless you have been there you really can't comment on what goes on in there.

Many NT encounters with Jesus happened outside of a building. A building may only sensorarily enhance a type of worship, but is not needed for a spiritually mind blowing experience.

Of course you can have a mind blowing experience with Jesus outside of a building. But inside a temple you can also have a mind blowing expereince with Jesus. So why have a temple? Because Jesus told JS that there are certain ordinances that can only be done in a building that has been dedicated and set apart for these particular ordinances.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know even today, you do not know what is the path to eternal life? The bible is very confusing about the very subject that it should be a shining beacon about. A brilliant light illuminating the path that one must take to have eternal life.

But if I study the bible, I can come up with 20 different paths that are taught by our churches, all claiming they are the truth and they teach the true way to eternal life, but bring out 20 different ways to get there.

I suggest there is 1 way and 1 way only. You must find this 1 path to have eternal life. Jesus created the path, and has given us plenty of information to keep on the path.

Tell me if you can, what that path is??????????
I don't know about your churches but i know the way.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never followed or believed in JS or entered a Mormon temple and I have the Spirit of Christ in me which was received by faith in Jesus the one I do believe in and follow. And I am far from alone in that. I totally reject and additions added by JS and the so called restored church. I don't reject Jesus.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would your spirit be impressed? You probably came to the building with a mixed spirit, maybe even a little anti-temple attitude.
Nice false assumption. I was invited to a Christmas pageant there by a couple of lds friends. I had no idea what mormonism was at the time, but I loved Christmas, so I went.
Because of your prejudice, you will have a hard time understanding that what you have learned about the temple is not necessarily all true. So unless you have been there you really can't comment on what goes on in there.
It is not necessary for me to go there and I don't want to go there, so that should end that. I'm just wondering why, by the criteria you offered, you haven't denounced it yet.
Of course you can have a mind blowing experience with Jesus outside of a building. But inside a temple you can also have a mind blowing expereince with Jesus. So why have a temple? Because Jesus told JS that there are certain ordinances that can only be done in a building that has been dedicated and set apart for these particular ordinances.
Once again, you make Jesus to be a liar. He said no such thing regarding a temple, as that would contradict his NT teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

Christians have the True God and you can't begin to imagine how wonderful that is. I know His love and comfort immensely when a loved one dies or when I'm alone in a quiet place and go to God in prayer.

Since I have been baptized of the HS and recieve grace from Jesus Christ, as you do, then yes at least I can imagine how wonderful that is. I know his love too. I know his comfort immensely when a loved one dies or when I'm alone in a quiet place and I cqan go to God in prayer too.

As you can see, we Mormons do the same things that you mainstream Christians do. That is what all Christians do, and since we are Christians, I can imagine all of the wonderful things you experience with God and Jesus.
You have been baptized of the HS, so have I, it is wonderful to experience his guidance and influence. So ditto your experience.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I'm just wondering why, by the criteria you offered, you haven't denounced it yet.

I do not denounce it, because it is a true worhip of God and Jesus. The ordinances and covenants we make, make us better people. The work we do there is salvific for those who have not had the opportunity to hear or do these ordinances and covenants while on the earth, so now they get that opportunity.
It is an act of love, that Jesus says is necessary or the whole earth would come under a curse. (see Malachi 4:5-6)

Once again, you make Jesus to be a liar. He said no such thing regarding a temple, as that would contradict his NT teachings.

Jesus was sent to teach the 'milk' of the gospel and to get the NT started in the right direction.

Paul tells the Corinthians that he has fed them with the same 'milk' of the gospel, but he also wanted to teach them the 'meat' of the gospel, but he could not because they would not recieve it.

Why would the Corinthians resist receive the 'meat' of the gospel?? It is the same attitude that you have about the higher level of commitment that is necessary to go to the Mormon temple. It requires you to be more committed to the higher path of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Not another gospel, but a higher level of the same gospel. You resist it also. The temple was part of the 'meat' that the apostles could not bring to the first century church. Nor do most mainstream Christians get it today either. They are only trying to live the 'milk' level of the gospel of Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
Amen! Thank you for reminding us of those great verses!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
[Staff edit].

You have been baptized of the HS, so have I,

Why are you saying this? When did Mormons start teaching that non-Mormons can have Holy Spirit baptism?

Upvote 0