Married
I think it's the following:

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
4. Keeping the ten commandments.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.
7. Choosing the good, so you won't sell your soul to the devil.

What do you think?

1. Reverence for God and repenting of sin.
2. Inviting Jesus to take total control of your life and dwell within you.
3. Renounce ungodly ways - ask for hatred of sin.
4. Ask for brokenness before Him and renewing of the mind.
5. Find and commit to good fellowship.
6. Read scripture prayerfully.
7. Be thankful aways and trust in Him.
8. Be closely accountable to a mature believer.
9. Get baptised.
10. Pray each day "Lord give me this day the desires to do your will and the grace to be obedient."

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.

What do you think?
A person is required by God to do one thing and one thing only to receive Eternal Life (salvation as many call it).

Believe that Jesus is The promised Messiah (only begotten Son of God) from the prophecies of The Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for the free gift of Gods Eternal Life.

Simply put trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life.

The Gospel of John testifies to this truth many times.

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.

What do you think?
Check out what God says. You will find it a little different

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed into his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." (John 3:16 - 18)
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
"for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" Various references, including Romans 10:13

The key to salvation is belief. This is much more than mental agreement to a set of facts. Yes, it starts with faith. Your points 2-7 imply that you are able to save yourself. This is not so. If you could save yourself by what you do then Jesus died for nothing.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.

What do you think?
There are no steps. If you believe in Christ after hearing about him, it's evidence God saved you. Whoever believes has eternal life.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
1. Baptism
2. Repentance
3. Renunciation of evil
4. Faith in Jesus Christ
5. Love of God and following his commandments
6. Love and charity towards our neighbour.
7. Forgiving and not judging others
8. Participation in the Eucharist
9. Reading and studying the Bible
10. Remaining faithful to Jesus for the rest of our lives

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check out what God says. You will find it a little different

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed into his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." (John 3:16 - 18)
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
"for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" Various references, including Romans 10:13

The key to salvation is belief. This is much more than mental agreement to a set of facts. Yes, it starts with faith. Your points 2-7 imply that you are able to save yourself. This is not so. If you could save yourself by what you do then Jesus died for nothing.

Nothing is free. You must do much effort to become saved. If this was so, all would be saved. Who don't want to be saved?

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is free. You must do much effort to become saved. If this was so, all would be saved. Who don't want to be saved?

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
If you have nothing and are hurting, yet willing to humbly accept pure undeserved charity, then that charity is totally free. If you have to do something to get it, then it is not pure charity.

The problem is people will do almost anything to avoid humbling themselves to the point of accepting pure undeserved charity. You have to wimp out, give up, and surrender to your enemy while God is still your hated enemy, but you are willing to humbly accept pure undeserved charity from your enemy.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 Cor.15:1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that He appeared to Cephasa and then to the Twelve. 6After that, He appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8And last of all He appeared to me also, as to one of untimely birth.

Eph.2:1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...What do you think?

I have understood salvation means that one is saved from the judgment that would come because of sin. Nothing is required for sins to be forgiven. However, to have eternal life, one must be righteous. Forgiving is not useful, if there doesn’t happen a change and person doesn’t reject sin and become righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more."
John 8:11

Righteousness means wisdom of the just, or right understanding, which makes person do right actions. The actions are only a result of mind and right actions are not the reason for eternal life. Eternal life is a gift for righteous, they have right understanding and they want to do what is good and right. Those people who want to do freely good, are suitable to eternal life. Unrighteous are not, they would make it eternal suffering for all.

This could maybe help to understand what kind of person righteous person is:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.

What do you think?

1. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
2. See number 1.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I did absolutely nothing to be saved apart from accepting Christ as Lord and saviour. When I stand before my Lord on that day, I will be boasting in what He has done for me, not what I have done for Him.

Please tell me what part of "gift" is the result of works? If you work for something, then it's not a gift. To gain a gift simply requires you to accept it.

Most people do not want to be be saved. It's that simple. There are a number of reasons. Some are too proud to admit that they are sinners. Some believe that they are strong enough in themselves to make it to heaven. Others refuse to believe God's way of salvation, thinking that there must be a catch.

Once an individual is born again, then the process of the salvation of the soul begins. That is where the cost has to be paid. To be born again costs nothing. To be saved in the soul costs everything. Even that is by God's grace. Even the desire to be a kingdom Christian comes from God. We then must decide whether to be led by the Life of Christ within or by our own thoughts and feelings. The narrow path and the cross is choosing the way of Christ in preference to our own ways. We start the path through accepting the cross of Christ as our own cross. We continue on the path by dying to self daily.

To be born again costs nothing. To be a disciple costs everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

1. Faith in God.
2. Reading the bible.
3. Fasting.
5. Walking on God's way.
6. Be good.

What do you think?
Also, asking Jesus into your heart. Especially if you have a hardened heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did absolutely nothing to be saved apart from accepting Christ as Lord and saviour. When I stand before my Lord on that day, I will be boasting in what He has done for me, not what I have done for Him.

Please tell me what part of "gift" is the result of works? If you work for something, then it's not a gift. To gain a gift simply requires you to accept it.

Most people do not want to be be saved. It's that simple. There are a number of reasons. Some are too proud to admit that they are sinners. Some believe that they are strong enough in themselves to make it to heaven. Others refuse to believe God's way of salvation, thinking that there must be a catch.

Once an individual is born again, then the process of the salvation of the soul begins. That is where the cost has to be paid. To be born again costs nothing. To be saved in the soul costs everything. Even that is by God's grace. Even the desire to be a kingdom Christian comes from God. We then must decide whether to be led by the Life of Christ within or by our own thoughts and feelings. The narrow path and the cross is choosing the way of Christ in preference to our own ways. We start the path through accepting the cross of Christ as our own cross. We continue on the path by dying to self daily.

To be born again costs nothing. To be a disciple costs everything.

This is so easy, somebody to do something for you and you do nothing. I have read in OT, that God said that nobody can do nothing to save somebody else. About born again, this is inner transformation of the being/soul, so you are not just human anymore but heavenly creature/citizen of heaven.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the people who say no steps. God starts out loving us. We don't need to do anything to make that happen. Jesus teaches that we'll be held accountable. We may be able to destroy ourselves. But we don't start out rejected by God and have to do something to change that. That would be reversing Jesus' message.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we keep God's commandments he love us. But if we don't keep, how we can say he love us?

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

• Agree
Upvote 0