What Spirit is behind the redistribution of wealth?

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
not amongst true ekklesia - "we" true ekklesia stand out from all the rest of the world, even not seeking attention at all for ourselves,
because we are so different from "them" - the world, including religious world.

Do I detect just a hint of the sin of pride here?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

HandstoWorkHeartstoGod

Feb 11, 2017
PA - Pennsylvania
✟17,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God is the Spirit beyond the distribution of wealth. We are trying to share everything we have here, including our small home which we bought twenty years ago. It is our second home. Our real estate agent called this second home a "starter home". We sensed that we were led to this home by God. He seems to still want us "planted" here. Perhaps it is a good location for the people around us that He wants us to reach out to? In humility of spirit, we often do whole house purges in order to be able to bless others with less means or to send to auction for disaster relief. My husband and are in our mid-fifties now. We feel so blessed. . . . .With God, bloom where you are planted. :amen:

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you sinned, yes.
Hello Brothers Jack RT and Yeshuaslavejeff . You both brought up an interesting point about which I consider and I believe it to be true. I often regretabbly and brokenly struggle with pride which comes from knowledge . I am hoping through the grace of God to be free of this enemy of the spirit as I work out my salvation with fear and trembling. I do seek more brokenness and humility which is my rightful place. My pondering is this ...Jack ..you had asked our brother yeshuaslavejeff if you detected some pride in his comment ..I know I spot pride in all ( or many) of its forms by the world ..the exalted cars , homes, and fashions which the world runs after ( not knowing that the blood is enough ) ..but also when I see it manifested by a professing brother it is particularly onerous . I can't help but wonder if I am sensitive to it because of my own pride ..It seems William L Laws ( A call to a Devout and Holy Life ) touched on this at one point . Along the lines of first consider the beam that is in our own eyes . I am not accusing anyone ...it is probably a favor to Yeshuaslavejeff since any smiting ( rightly or wrongly ) can only work more humility.
As a confession, it seems that my "knowledge" may make me think I am something that I am not or more than I should (but dearly hope to be before His return . ) I think of the early Moravians which sold theirselves into slavery ( for life ) in order to minster to the slaves ....I often think of myself as the one who takes too high a place at the feast and is asked to step down. It seems that religious pride is like carbon monoxide ..tasteless and odorless ...I am so afraid of saying the right thing in the wrong spirit.
May our Lord Jesus bless you both in your journey to Him ..if it would please you, pray fervently for me , one another and His bride. May we be granted repentance and turn our hearts away from that which perishes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It seems that "the church" has delegated it's authority to the world ...teach our children, feed our poor, care for the elderly ...we call it better government.
In the usa, the government simply took over back around wwI, wwII and following.. more and more control of "caring!?" until now they have passed laws in several states making it illegal (and pastors and others were arrested) to give food for free to the poor on the street (and maybe or sometimes inside too, even if it was done for decades before ) ...

A totally different not often seen point: as written in Revelation, the power behind the one world religion did not give up its authority over people,
but as you posted it "delegated" some things to the world to do, often preferring to stay out of the picture entirely even though it was and is the power behind what is seen in most (or all) countries.

For those who don't believe in the redistribution of wealth amongst Christians, please explain 2 Corinthians 8: 13-15...
Perhaps "use of wealth" might be a more useable phrase for what is shown in Scripture, since God doesn't tell His people to "re-distribute wealth" so to speak, but rather whenever there is a need, to meet it if He has provided what is needed (as He always does) or the ability to meet it, thru His ekklesia (called out set apart ones immersed in Yeshua)...

Yes, this is written to the Christian church. But please remember that Christians at this time shared everything and lived as a Christian community. Not because they were persecuted, but because it was what God commanded of them.
From reading ACTS where they shared all things in common,
it has been observed and passed on that they did not give up their lives as if coerced to, nor did they give up their money and possessions as if ordered to,
but out of or with SHEER WONDERFUL JOY and REJOICING IN OUR SAVIOR JESUS! SPONTANEOUSLY LIVING the great and wonderful LIFE in Him free from greed and free from stinginess,

and out of or with GREAT AND WONDERFUL GRATITUDE/ PRAISE TO GOD/ overflowing thankfulness
for the sheer grace and amazing UNION WITH JESUS they/we live daily in Him,
"salvation" from the world and the things of the world, as well as from sin and all the consequences of sin,
"salvation" from the world, the power of the world, and the power of the devil and of the flesh....
a complete and total change of life from what was past,
not often seen today,
just as it was not often seen in their day (most people still rejected Jesus).....

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
From reading ACTS where they shared all things in common,
it has been observed and passed on that they did not give up their lives as if coerced to, nor did they give up their money and possessions as if ordered to,
but out of or with SHEER WONDERFUL JOY and REJOICING IN OUR SAVIOR JESUS! SPONTANEOUSLY LIVING the great and wonderful LIFE in Him free from greed and free from stinginess,

and out of or with GREAT AND WONDERFUL GRATITUDE/ PRAISE TO GOD/ overflowing thankfulness
for the sheer grace and amazing UNION WITH JESUS they/we live daily in Him,
"salvation" from the world and the things of the world, as well as from sin and all the consequences of sin,
"salvation" from the world, the power of the world, and the power of the devil and of the flesh....
a complete and total change of life from what was past,
not often seen today,
just as it was not often seen in their day (most people still rejected Jesus).....
Yes my dear brother !! For Joy ..they sold all ...I think it came from a feeling of " Are you kidding me ????? " God has chosen me ??? God has purchased ME ??? " How can that be ?? How can that be ?? We who were not a people are now the people of God . Who is like Him ?? Who is like our Lord who loved me and gave himself for me when I was His enemy ?? Who does that ??? So this is our God ? This is our Lord who owns all and gave it all away in order to be found among mortals ?? " He died for me so I long to die for Him ! Worthy is the Lamb !!
I do not wish to speak for them but I can imagine ( and have experienced to a very trifling degree ) the utter amazement coupled with unworthiness of His sacrifice ..How humbled we should be .

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm reminded of the end of Acts 4 after the gift of the Holy Spirit was given:

Acts of the Apostles 4:
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.​

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Yahushua: and great grace was upon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
I don't think there was any coercion involved.

The beginning of the next chapter, Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11, details a couple selling what they had and giving it to the congregation, but it would seem they lied in saying that they were giving all their earnings.

Perhaps they were not at fault because they held back some of their money for themselves, but rather because they held it back under false pretense. It would seem they didn't even have to sell their property in the first place. This is my interpretation.

They lied to the Holy Spirit, and died for it.

Interesting pieces of Scripture!

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm reminded of the end of Acts 4 after the gift of the Holy Spirit was given:

Acts of the Apostles 4:
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.​

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Yahushua: and great grace was upon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
I don't think there was any coercion involved.

The beginning of the next chapter, Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11, details a couple selling what they had and giving it to the congregation, but it would seem they lied in saying that they were giving all their earnings.

Perhaps they were not at fault because they held back some of their money for themselves, but rather because they held it back under false pretense. It would seem they didn't even have to sell their property in the first place. This is my interpretation.

They lied to the Holy Spirit, and died for it.

Interesting pieces of Scripture!
For the church it should be this way. but the govts are saying it as Juda did.
Come and let us reason. they GONNA keep what is put in the bag.
THEY say this can be given to the poor. But we both know what SPIRIT the leaders are under.
kick god out of everything , yet HEY this can be for the poor. Right . I aint buying no lie.
Let the church take care of the people. The govt it needs rebuking only time.

Upvote 0

WayneinMaine

Dec 9, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟11,244.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
I've always been impressed with the fact that when the earliest followers of Jesus were freshly filled with the Holy Spirit, as reported in Acts 2 and Acts 4, they were of one heart and one mind and there were no poor among them because they had all things common.

So in answer to the OP "What Spirit is behind the redistribution of wealth?:: - The Holy Spirit.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've always been impressed with the fact that when the earliest followers of Jesus were freshly filled with the Holy Spirit, as reported in Acts 2 and Acts 4, they were of one heart and one mind and there were no poor among them because they had all things common.

So in answer to the OP "What Spirit is behind the redistribution of wealth?:: - The Holy Spirit.
Yeah , but LOOK who preaches it WORDLY men. I can assure us all
they care not for the poor, but rather what gets PUT IN that bag THEY HOLD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums