What sort of barn are you looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture this a barn so full of seeds that the whole of the world's food shortages could be sorted out. Is this for real or is it just fantasy. Well I suppose its how you look at things. I have found that people look at things in two ways, with their eyes or with their hearts. Which one are you? Do you see a barn or do you see the seeds.
In the book of Haggai we have a small verse tucked away which recently was brought to life by a friend of mine.

Haggai 2:19

19 ‘Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.’ "

She has had this for a few years now and has just been waiting on the Lord to reveal its meaning, for her this has been a time of great patience. But then God does mould us in the palm of His hand.

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.

Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Anyway back to the barn, I felt that God was really speaking to all of us when He revealed this. The barn is the storing place for the seed and the place that it was kept safe from thieves. Do you remember what Joseph said to the pharaoh relating to the time ahead in his vision in Exodus 41. It says there that the food was gathered. I believe God is speaking really clearly to us today. He has a heavenly treasure of blessing and we are to busy looking elsewhere.

Thats why in Haggai it says

‘Is the seed still in the barn?

The question I believe Gods is asking us. Is there any thing in the barn? or are we believing that one day I will see the seeds. Well I believe that God wants us to enjoy the fruit of our witness. That why in Haggai it says;

As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit.

We are not producing in our life's a fruit that fully honours God. That is why we are not seeing things happen in our life's. Yet God is gracious and wonderful. He knows who we are and He knows we are always going to slip. The thing is are we looking at ourselves in the wrong way. Do you see yourself outside the barn door, picking up the seed that comes seeping through the crack. Does God want us to be this way? I don't think so. for this verse finishes off in the positive.

But from this day I will bless you.’ "

There's a turn around point, and that point happens when you don't rely on the eyes to see it, But on the heart to steer our passion. Do you really believe that you are special, one of a kind and that you have a place in HIS heart. Get around people who make you feel that way. Too many people want to tell you what they want to tell you. It's much better to know the truth, about who you are and what you should expect from God. That's where the church has slipped up recently, they are more interested in finance and getting people to conform to their ways. They have lost the plot a little, it does not take money to make it happen it takes discipline. and obedience to His call. Thats why in Zech 8:12 it says;

Zechariah 8:12

‘For the seed shall be prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew— I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.

What a promise, notice this that it is not in the negative but in the positive. "shall prosper" "shall give fruit" - "shall increase" - "I will cause" . now is that a difference of attitude.

Lord help us today to start and finish possatively, give us your love and peace, but most of all encourage, encourage, encourage. And look for the teachers for they are way forward in our journey with Him.

RayNay714

Worshiper and Seeker
Feb 19, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kevin,
Awesome way to look at things! We must see beyond the barn and look to what is inside. I am so thankful that God has called us according to our potential and not what we look like on the outside! God sees beyond our own pitiful lives, and gives us a hope for the seeds!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.