Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I listen to King's Return Quartet when I need to relax and unwind. They do amazing versions of some traditional Latin hymns like "Ubi Caritas", but I also like their versions of secular pop songs, too, even songs I don't particularly like the originals of, like their version of The Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love":

I'm not sure what the state of the major music business is these days, but these guys need to be everywhere!

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟138,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I listen to King's Return Quartet when I need to relax and unwind. They do amazing versions of some traditional Latin hymns like "Ubi Caritas", but I also like their versions of secular pop songs, too, even songs I don't particularly like the originals of, like their version of The Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love":

I'm not sure what the state of the major music business is these days, but these guys need to be everywhere!

I can see why this song would help you relax. They sound heavenly singing it. :angel:

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Come Rain or Come Shine is a Harold Arlen/Johnny Mercer song was written back in the 40's for a Broadway musical. It's a very cool, slow jazz song that's been covered by many singers. Ray's version from 2001 is one of the best.

BTW: Another great cover of this song is by B.B. King and Eric Clapton on their Riding With The King album from 2000. It's also on YouTube and is definitely worth a listen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I do not know what "cover" song means,

But was thinking of other things like a couple of threads in the "debate and discussion"

section.
Well, it drifted over to more pleasant thoughts, not solving the worlds problems

but rising higher above them.

Then there came a song to me that I must have heard somewhere long ago.

And I said, "Yep, that's me."

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟138,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Whenever someone sings another person's song it's called a cover. For instance, I Will Always Love You was originally done by Dolly Parton. That means the Whitney Houston version is a cover. It might be the most famous cover of all time. Dolly reportedly got ten million in royalties so she was fine with it lol.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Whenever someone sings another person's song it's called a cover. For instance, I Will Always Love You was originally done by Dolly Parton. That means the Whitney Houston version is a cover. It might be the most famous cover of all time. Dolly reportedly got ten million in royalties so she was fine with it lol.

Thanks for the info, I have only heard of "cover" now and then here on CF.

Great singer, Whitney.

Upvote 0