What Song Are You Listening To Right Now (3)

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s a bluegrass cover of the Grateful Dead’s “Ripple”

The album that "Ripple" was on (American Beauty) I used to have a 180g vinyl of but I ended up either selling it or my ex kept it when I went to jail last April. I had more than a few vinyl albums that I no longer have, as my collection was all over the place but I've managed to get it down to mostly punk genres (classic punk, hardcore, post punk, post hardcore, goth, emocore, etc) with a smattering of extreme metal and some classic rock in there (Stones, Bowie, YES, Neil Young) and some other stuff like Daft Punk, Common, Neko Case, Miles Davis & John Coltrane, so on and so forth.

Although if I can ever find a vintage copy of American Beauty I'm going to pick it up if it's reasonably priced. That was the only Dead album that I really got into and I got into it back when I had the CD when I was in high school. Box of Rain & Sugar Magnolia were in constant rotation for me for a while.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The album that "Ripple" was on (American Beauty) I used to have a 180g vinyl of but I ended up either selling it or my ex kept it when I went to jail last April. I had more than a few vinyl albums that I no longer have, as my collection was all over the place but I've managed to get it down to mostly punk genres (classic punk, hardcore, post punk, post hardcore, goth, emocore, etc) with a smattering of extreme metal and some classic rock in there (Stones, Bowie, YES, Neil Young) and some other stuff like Daft Punk, Common, Neko Case, Miles Davis & John Coltrane, so on and so forth.

Although if I can ever find a vintage copy of American Beauty I'm going to pick it up if it's reasonably priced. That was the only Dead album that I really got into and I got into it back when I had the CD when I was in high school. Box of Rain & Sugar Magnolia were in constant rotation for me for a while.
Yeah, I think that was their best album. They were pretty unique! We had “American Beauty” on tape cassette and played it in the car all the time.

Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.