What Song Are You Listening To Right Now (3)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I heard this a couple of days ago on Sirius. I never knew waltzes were popular in Mexico. And I'd never heard of Sobre las Olas (0ver The Waves) by a Mexican composer, Juventino Rosas. But everyone has heard the main theme, which somehow became associated with circuses. And was also borrowed for an old song, The Loveliest Night Of The Year. It's very pretty waltz music, which sounds more like Vienna than Mexico City. Just try not to think of a trapeze act.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Feeling nostalgic for the mid-9os.. Stone Temple Pilots (Purple album)..

Stonetemplepilotspurple.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

I thought this was a very cool cover.. I heard it somewhere weird too, about 10-12 years ago. I think it was played in the background of a night time teen drama (maybe The OC). Adams did a good job changing the speed from the original..

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I thought this was a very cool cover.. I heard it somewhere weird too, about 10-12 years ago. I think it was played in the background of a night time teen drama (maybe The OC). Adams did a good job changing the speed from the original..
The OC is where I heard it. I was watching it on DVD. The song fits the teen angst in the show.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0