What should you do if you can’t go to church?

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
hello everybody,
I was wondering what should I do if I can’t make it to church?
I sometimes have sleeping problems and sleep in until after 1030am.
It’s very frustrating. Before anyone asks, I do take medication for it.
I guess I’m just wondering should I just read my Bible and pray when I wake up too late for church?
I try and stay away from YouTube and websites because sometimes I fall down the rabbit hole and wind up on scary “Christian” websites or videos.
Thanks

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't go to church because of health reasons. But definitely say daily prayers and at meals and read the scriptures. It helps to be on this site with everyone too to have a wide range of interpretations to choose from.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, the "Church" is the people. The body of Christ. We are the Church, and the building is the Sanctuary, that God tells us to go before him and make supplication and prayer, and to break bread and fellowship.

I'll keep you in prayer that eventually God will solves all of your problems, but for now find some Christian friends and have a service at home or wherever. Just make sure you open up in prayer, and have altar call. Maybe a few scriptures to read over. At least until God solves this for you. Where two or more gather in his name, there Jesus is in the midst of them. Peace be unto you, sister. Peace and blessings.

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps find a church that holds afternoon or evening services? Obviously it would be good to overcome the sleeping problems, but until you do, that's one idea that might work.

Apart from that, though, don't beat yourself up if you do sometimes have to miss a service. You're not intentionally and wilfully snubbing your church; you're genuinely struggling, as you've acknowledged. It's not your fault. And it's not going to church, in and of itself, that saves you, good though it is to take part in Christian worship and fellowship. God is not going to punish you for not going to church. Yes, you can always read your Bible and pray at home (not just on Sundays, but any time!).

That's also a good suggestion from Coleton (just seen the previous post now) of having a few friends over to hold a service at home sometimes if you can. God is with you just as much in your own home as He is in the building we call a church; He won't leave you without the inspiration and guidance and support — and joy! — that you need to overcome this problem and much more besides. Peace and blessings to you, friend. :glowingstar:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many churches broadcast their services. If yours doesn't you may want to visit Oneplace or Lightsource when you oversleep. Both are filled with Christian teachings. You can access the sites via apps as well.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hello everybody,
I guess I’m just wondering should I just read my Bible and pray when I wake up too late for church?
I try and stay away from YouTube and websites because sometimes I fall down the rabbit hole and wind up on scary “Christian” websites or videos.
Thanks

Study the Bible yourself ... everyone should do this when going to church or when not going to church and should do so daily. You are very wise by staying away from youtubes etc. I would also recommend a devotional guide - Jesus Calling is a pretty good one.

Don't let not going to church frustrate you ... the Lord knows and understands your circumstances ... besides going to church isn't what saves a person ... Jesus does and He is with you wherever you are ;o)

God Bless.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
hello everybody,
Thanks
When I used to work nights, I would just run on as much sleep as I could get Saturday night (sometimes just two hours). Then nap in between the morning and evening church services. It wasn't very pleasant, but it was not worth it to me to miss an opportunity to be with the church.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I second the idea about going to a church with evening services. Doesn't mean you have to stop going to your own church on those days you can go, but if there is a church nearby that offers Saturday or Sunday evening services, you might go there on the days when you can't get to a morning service. Listening to internet broadcasts is great and definitely recommended BUT...don't make it the entirety of your worship experience if you are able to leave the house. It is important to worship with other people in person when you can as well as having your alone time with God.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hello everybody,

Churches have events on multiple days and even evenings.
Use the opportunity to visit one that does.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I, too, recommend finding a church that has multiple services. It is better to be a part of a fellowship of believers, than not being part of one at all.

Interestingly, our sermon today was on the 'Church' and what it is. We touched on this briefly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello everybody,
Thanks
Does your church broadcast the services on Facebook or some other streaming?

Upvote 0