Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Iran has again escalated by launching cruise missiles from Iran. It is not clear where the drones were launched from, but that matters little. Most of the oil capacity will be back on line soon. the effect on world oil prices has been minimal, and will be less whenever the US or others increase production or releases some reserves.

WHAT SHOULD THE US DO?
Congress doesn't know. There is no easy answer for anyone but the neocon hawks like Bolton who have wanted military strikes for a decade. Trump is waiting. He is consulting with Saudi Arabia, and will see the results of the Israeli election before acting.

One suggestion is that we give the Saudis all the military aid that they want, and have ZERO direct involvement by the US, other than the occasional advisor (as in Iraq). This theory would have withdraw from Afghanistan. After all, there is no real country, just 3 countries being forced together by the US.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,167,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nothing. It’s long past time we stop talking a side in the Islamic sectarian wars.

Unfortunately we have a stake in what happens over there. Even if we are energy independent we are still susceptible to global energy prices.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,167,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely nothing at this point. If Iran launches a coordinated and deliberate strike against Israel, then let's talk.
Why? Israel is the premier military power, and only nuclear power, in the region. They can take care of themselves.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why? Israel is the premier military power, and only nuclear power, in the region. They can take care of themselves.

I said let's talk...not act. Because we are Israel's ally and should voice to Iran if they continue attacking Israel (in this scenario) they might have to deal with the US too.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟607,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go with door number two (post 2) Praying :) agreeing

This is one of those kingdoms that our enemy holds. So.. what happens in the spiritual then we see it hear. Daniel.. angel Gab.. took 21 day to give the answer to Daniel that was answered when he 1st asked.

song about the heart but
'Cause You are bigger than any battle I'm facing
You are better than anything I've been chasing
Savior and royalty, the only hope in me
Jesus, You are, You are
The King of my heart, heart"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you mean, do nothing now, and then withdraw from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria? And then stop our selling arms to all the Sunni countries in the region?

Nothing. It’s long past time we stop talking a side in the Islamic sectarian wars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iran has again escalated by launching cruise missiles from Iran. It is not clear where the drones were launched from, but that matters little. Most of the oil capacity will be back on line soon. the effect on world oil prices has been minimal, and will be less whenever the US or others increase production or releases some reserves.

WHAT SHOULD THE US DO?
Congress doesn't know. There is no easy answer for anyone but the neocon hawks like Bolton who have wanted military strikes for a decade. Trump is waiting. He is consulting with Saudi Arabia, and will see the results of the Israeli election before acting.

One suggestion is that we give the Saudis all the military aid that they want, and have ZERO direct involvement by the US, other than the occasional advisor (as in Iraq). This theory would have withdraw from Afghanistan. After all, there is no real country, just 3 countries being forced together by the US.
Our natural feeling is: do nothing militarily, don't get involved in other countries squabbles.

That's a pretty good instinct.

But there is something better.

Ideally (and pragmatically best also), we could try to do the Christian approach, like Jimmy Carter did with Egypt and Israel -- try to be a peace maker, and actually help 2 parties talk and reach an accord of some kind -- even just a very limited one is good.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,167,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean, do nothing now, and then withdraw from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria? And then stop our selling arms to all the Sunni countries in the region?
Yes.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,167,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I said let's talk...not act. Because we are Israel's ally and should voice to Iran if they continue attacking Israel (in this scenario) they might have to deal with the US too.
No, we should not. We are Israelis ally, they are not ours. We would gain nothing from the engagement.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟302,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Man keeps playing worldly games and thinking retaliating in the same way as another accomplishes something. And Israel is no longer a sacred cow since it's rejection of the kingdom of God, preferring to as usual do things their way as they did all through the Bible. . We are to be of the Kingdom. God presented a counter-culture, an opposite way of doing things. Playing power games is not loving all as self.

• Agree
Reactions: Douger
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟302,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How about getting away from oil dependency, getting out of where we don't belong with all of our oil related destabilization, and letting the Middle East go back to their 1500 years of inter-denominational slaughter. When did the US become a peace keeper instead of a mercenary force for monetary interests? Never happened.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree.

And I look forward to the next agreement between Israel and the Arabs (including the Palestinians).

However, I fear that an agreement between the Persians and the Arabs is much, much more difficult.

Our natural feeling is: do nothing militarily, don't get involved in other countries squabbles.

Ideally (and pragmatically best also), we could try to do the Christian approach, like Jimmy Carter did with Egypt and Israel -- try to be a peace maker, and actually help 2 parties talk and reach an accord of some kind -- even just a very limited one is good.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The US is no longer dependent on Middle Eastern oil. This will be even less so when as become closer to Canada and Mexico.

How about getting away from oil dependency, getting out of where we don't belong with all of our oil related destabilization, and letting the Middle East go back to their 1500 years of inter-denominational slaughter. When did the US become a peace keeper instead of a mercenary force for monetary interests? Never happened.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We've signed a treaty with Mexico and Canada.

Mexico is cooperating with our immigration issues. Illegal entrants have been greatly reduced, as well as the number entering Mexico from Guatemala. These are a result of Mexico's cooperation. In any case, I was primarily suggesting that will continue to the major energy trading partners with Mexico and Canada.

I believe that North American energy totals are large enough to support our three countries. This is also true going forward, if we add reserves.

Seems the opposite has been happening :)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You need two parties willing to reach an accord. Egypt and Israel were at the time while Saudi Arabia and Iran are not now so inclined. Unlike the secular Egyptian and Israeli governments of the time, both Saudi Arabia and Iran are very much tied to powerful religious factions ( fundamentalist Sunni and Shiite) that view the other as apostates and have no tolerance for any compromise.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0