✟14,583.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone,

I have a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 with the Ultrasonic zoom lens. I am looking into buying a new Rebel Xsi because I have not used film for years and I need a good digital camera to replace my little 6 mega pixel Powershot. I want to try putting my old Rebel on Ebay and/or Craigslist to try to get some money to help pay for the new camera, what do you think would be a fair asking price? The camera did not get much use (maybe 3-4 rolls of film) and is in excellent shape. Thanks for the help!

Valerian Red

peacefuleye
Feb 26, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi SuperOktav,

Since so much photo gear moves through eBay, you should get a pretty accurate idea what your body and lens will bring by doing an "advanced" search and clicking the "completed transactions" prompt before filling in your key words in the search box. This will tell you the selling prices of your camera body and lens in the course of several transactions and you can gauge your opening bid or buy-it-now price accordingly. This method will also help refine your choice of words in your auction title so people can find your items easier.

You may get considerably more money selling the lens and body separately.

I speak from 402 eBay transactions, mostly camera gear. (My handle is veeman12). Hope this helps.

Upvote 0