• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What should I do?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Friend, You need to realize that God gave us His Word as our rule book for life. I do not if people are honestly born homosexual or not? But even if you are, You are responsible for what you choose to do.
Homosexuality is a sin, However it is not the only sin and it is not blasphemy as far as I can tell.
Pray much and try to refrain from giving into the lifestyle. Read the Word of God and build yourself up in the Word because that is how we defeat the attacks from the enemy

• Agree
Reactions: Faze
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I been through that path so I sympathize with your concerns. First off know that despite of anything God loves you and Jesus died for you knowing your downfalls and struggles. There is no one perfect on this Earth, and no struggle is too worst off than the other, don’t let anything or anyone make you feel less than a person for it.Just like everyone else, God desires a relationship with you, He desires you to delight in Him, to never thirst.

But it’s now a question of do you want a relationship with God? Not a “I know of Him” type of love, an intimate relationship with Him? The type where you don’t even have to question if you’re going to Heaven, it would be as sure as if you can just stop by your best friends house.Of knowledge of what he desires of you, He wouldn’t be ok with a route that would dishonor Him. Let it be clear, you having attractions is part of what makes you human, and your temptation is not the dishonoring part. But if you have it play a part of your identity, if you let it have permanence in your heart,that is where the dishonor lies. Many will mislead you thinking you can have it all, but take time with a believer you can trust to dive into the Word and understand how God wants you to walk as a believer.

Realize that this body, this temple God gave us belongs to Him, and host our spirit. Thus, we have responsibility to take care of it and keep in under subjection.The world may treat it as a plaything, but He called all of us to know better than that. So it’s important to know how one must approach the flesh.

Everyone is called to pick up your cross, and in terms of concerns of the lust of the flesh, no man can say that they have been pure in mind. What is important though is making a decision of whether or not you desire the things of God over the things of the flesh. This is a daily thing, for as long as we are still in the flesh we will have such issues.Once you’re after God, and cut off things that will hinder your relationship with Him, things will fall into place. Know that as long as you have breath, you are never far from God.

Just make your breath count.

Prayers for you, you can overcome. DM me if you need a friend

Last edited:
Upvote 0