• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what should i do with my brubbish?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was going to eat a certain food from a restaurant deliver and wrapped in bag with papers.

ocd was like

ocd: do not eat it because you may have made a promise without your will to God.

I knew they were thoughts without my will but I was worrying
ocd: make a promise to eat it and not throw it away. that will calm your opcd..

I do not remember what my reaction was. I think I rejected the thoughts without my will and kept being anxious about eating my food.
I ate it. I looked the bag and the papers and ocd was like

ocd: do not throw them away. you may have made a promise to God not to throw them away. you cant remember how you reacted to these thoughts without your will that happened minutes ago. ou cant be 100% sure. maybe you accepted them. maybe you made a promise. maybe the promise is valid.

I am so worried right now. I was thinking about my problem in general. I got a random thought like

"what if I hear now a door sound?" and I added "it will be just a coincidence"

I heard something and went to the corridor to see. no one. nonone opened or unlocked their doors. I was ready to close the door and I heard someone unlocking the main entrance building door. before this happening, I was saying stuff like " it will be a coincidence if I hear a door now. I did not ask for a sign"

I am a little confused

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"what if I hear now a door sound?" and I added "it will be just a coincidence"

I heard something and went to the corridor to see. no one. nonone opened or unlocked their doors. I was ready to close the door and I heard someone unlocking the main entrance building door. before this happening, I was saying stuff like " it will be a coincidence if I hear a door now. I did not ask for a sign"

I think I've got you beat on that one. A couple nights ago I was putting a puzzle together with my wife. It was a picture of a bunch of labels from cans and bottles. We were listening to old radio shows off of the internet. My wife assembled the word, "Belfast," and someone on the radio said it. Then it happened with "Killarney." A little while later, I was assembling the word "Ginger," and someone on the radio said it at the same time. These are not the most commonly used words in the world, and there was no lapse in time between the moment the words were assembled and we heard them. We also don't have OCD.

Moral of the story: stuff happens. You shouldn't make too much of it.

Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I've got you beat on that one. A couple nights ago I was putting a puzzle together with my wife. It was a picture of a bunch of labels from cans and bottles. We were listening to old radio shows off of the internet. My wife assembled the word, "Belfast," and someone on the radio said it. Then it happened with "Killarney." A little while later, I was assembling the word "Ginger," and someone on the radio said it at the same time. These are not the most commonly used words in the world, and there was no lapse in time between the moment the words were assembled and we heard them. We also don't have OCD.

Moral of the story: stuff happens. You shouldn't make too much of it.

you mean 3 words in the same night exactly at the time they were assembled? and I think as I was writing this post I thought of a door sound coincidence and I heard a door opening downstairs

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
you mean 3 words in the same night exactly at the time they were assembled?
Yes, exactly. By the way, you've been obsessing with door sounds for a very long time, now. I imagine you've heard quite a few in that time, and it really means nothing that you happened to be thinking about it at the time, because you're always thinking about it. If you keep thinking about it, then of course you're going to hear a door sometime while you're thinking about it.

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0