What should I do? God won't convict me of sin! Help! Am I going to hell?

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so I know in order to get saved you need to repent. I have repented but when I did, I knew something was wrong. It clearly wasn't of God. How do I know this? Well according to the bible, it says you will have a change of heart when you get saved.

Actually, you need a change of heart before you get saved. It is because a person has already begun to repent (change his mind) that he desires to be saved.

Once you get saved, you will know it. The holy spirit will fill you with so much joy and you will have the desire to serve God and tell people about Jesus. You see, I never felt this.

Since when did what you feel determine what is true and real? Also, where does it say in the Bible that, at the moment of your salvation, you will/must be filled with joy and a desire to serve God and evangelize? These things will be by-products of salvation, yes, but not necessarily immediately upon one's conversion.

Please don't tell me you shouldn't base your salvation on feelings, because that is false. You will absolutely feel the spirit when you get saved because the BIBLE says you will.

It is false to make your feelings the litmus test of the genuineness of your salvation. If you think you can walk with God on this basis, you will run smack-dab into the problem you're facing now.

"Feelings come and feelings go,
And feelings are deceiving.
My warrant is the word of God.
Nought else is worth believing."

The Bible says the Spirit will "bear witness with my spirit" that I am a child of God (Romans 8:16). Do you know what this means? Is it speaking merely of a feeling of happiness? I don't. I think it is a far deeper, and a far more spiritual, experience than this.

You will know when God is convicting you. I never knew if he convicted me or not. I never felt guilty of any sin, and when I currently sin, I do not feel bad for it.

This is just a testimony to how sinful and how comfortable in sin you've become. But you're right: If you have no particular sensitivity toward sin since you were saved, you should doubt the reality of your salvation. A sensitivity toward sin and the conviction of the Spirit is a classic mark of genuine conversion. (John. 16:8)

I will say this also: Real conviction, real repentance and godly sorrow over your sin will always move you toward God, not away from Him. I think the devil may be doing a number on you. You seem primed to have a sensual, emotional experience of God and not having it is making you feel separated from your Maker. This isn't of God. The devil, though, loves to get us to equate feelings with reality, to make our feelings the way we validate what is real. But Scripture is very clear that a believer must walk by faith, not by sight. That is, we walk with God, not on the basis of what we feel, but on the basis of what He has said. It seems you are learning this valuable lesson right off the mark.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Part of being saved is that you are no longer guilty. You are asking God to give you feelings of a guilt that you no longer bare.

As a Christian we are not gifted such that we will no longer sin. We are gifted with an internal conflict against sin. This is why Paul himself grieves in Romans 7 saying "For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."

You fear you do not desire God and yet you are cut to the heart that you failed to live up to His image. That is what desire looks like, desire to do good is not contingent on ability to do good.

The Holy Spirit 'testifies to our Spirit that we are children of God'. Romans 8:16 Of this testimony you already know.

I struggle with this every day. I very badly want to pay someone back for what they did to my girlfriend and for him to suffer the same pain. Waiting on God's vengeance is hard.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When people commit a sin/evil-deed/law-breaking, there will be repercussions from God or His agents, eg the police/govt.

Dabbling deeply in ouija-board = consulting or speaking to and hearing from demons about the future, secrets, etc. According the the law of ni4ni, the sinner will be afflicted with demon-oppression = suffers from speech and hearing disorders, eg stuttering, being tongue-tied, tinnitus, deafness, etc - MARK.7:32.
....... Rarely will God/Jesus heal such a repentant sinner = suffers a sad and shortened life on earth. But as long as the repentant sinner believes in Jesus Christ, he/she will be saved from hell when he/she dies - 1COR.5:5.

In my situation the police have given up....so when does God step in and take over for the perpertrators repcrussions?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I struggle with this every day. I very badly want to pay someone back for what they did to my girlfriend and for him to suffer the same pain. Waiting on God's vengeance is hard.
Vengeance is of the Lord and it may not even happen here on earth. I'd just try and move on with your lives, praise and thank God you have her and that what ever the incident was that it was not worse.. If you dwell on the dark, things will always be dark, move into the light and praise God.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Vengeance is of the Lord and it may not even happen here on earth. I'd just try and move on with your lives, praise and thank God you have her and that what ever the incident was that it was not worse.. If you dwell on the dark, things will always be dark, move into the light and praise God.

It's a situation where he can keep on doing it over and over again but because he is smart in the way he is doing it, the cops cant trace him although it is known it is him. This is something that is affecting lives and he is having one big laugh about it. Now, tell me about just moving on like it's so simple...

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's a situation where he can keep on doing it over and over again but because he is smart in the way he is doing it, the cops cant trace him although it is known it is him. This is something that is affecting lives and he is having one big laugh about it. Now, tell me about just moving on like it's so simple...
Where you said he "did " this, it sounded pasted tense. I pray this guy is caught.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
will God allow him to just continue to get away with this? What would be the purpose?
I can't speak for God but I can say to trust in Him and pray for intercession. He knows this is going on but my guess is the commander of this guy is probably Satan not God.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so I know in order to get saved you need to repent. I have repented but when I did, I knew something was wrong. It clearly wasn't of God. How do I know this? Well according to the bible, it says you will have a change of heart when you get saved. Once you get saved, you will know it. The holy spirit will fill you with so much joy and you will have the desire to serve God and tell people about Jesus.
Please be patient. You need to understand more about the Word of God or Jesus the Son or Bible.

Based on HEBREWS.8:10 and 1CORINTHIANS.3:1-3, a new Gentile Christian, while already saved from hell through faith in Jesus Christ, should gradually learn to stop committing sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking, even though his/her inborn or inherent nature is still sinful or evil = the inherited Adam's Original Sin(ROMANS.5:12). Full transformation into a sinless or incorruptible being will only occur after his/her resurrection or rapture.(1COR.15:42)

ACTS.15:24-29 exempts Gentile Christians from those laws of Moses which are a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. There are 613 laws of Moses. ...
Law of Moses - Wikipedia
....... In comparison, Jewish Christians or Messianic Jews are required by God to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it will not be a burden to them = not much change in lifestyle after their conversion from Judaism, eg the apostles of Christ continued to keep Moses Law.

Why does God still require Christians to keep His Law = "Go and sin no more".? = DEUT.28, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30 & 6:9-11, 1JOHN.5:16-19, JOB.2:9, ie to avoid suffering a sad and short life on earth and the grave risk of losing their faith/salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so I know in order to get saved you need to repent. I have repented but when I did, I knew something was wrong. It clearly wasn't of God. How do I know this? Well according to the bible, it says you will have a change of heart when you get saved. Once you get saved, you will know it. The holy spirit will fill you with so much joy and you will have the desire to serve God and tell people about Jesus. You see, I never felt this. Please don't tell me you shouldn't base your salvation on feelings, because that is false. You will absolutely feel the spirit when you get saved because the BIBLE says you will. You will know when God is convicting you. I never knew if he convicted me or not. I never felt guilty of any sin, and when I currently sin, I do not feel bad for it. I never feel guilty of sinning against God. Now sometimes I feel bad for hurting people, but not God. If I call someone a name, later I may feel bad about hurting the person. But never God. I can't just ask God for forgiveness for hurting that person if I don't feel bad for sinning against God. That would be false repentance. I have to feel guilty for sinning against God and that person, which I never feel. It saddens me because I really want to go to heaven. I actually cried all night because I felt like God hated me for never convicting me of sin. I'm probably hell bound and there is nothing I can do. I literally begged God to convict me of my sin and to come into my life and fill me with his spirit, but it clearly didn't happen and you will know it when he does these things. I even thought about ending my life for about 2 hours. I just laid there on the couch, hoping God would kill me. I even prayed to the Devil so he would kill me, but instantly regretted it and changed my mind. I told God to not let that happen. I was very worried that the Devil would come into my body so I changed my mind. What do I do? God will not convict me of sin. It's the only way I can truly repent. I can repent but it will not be of God because I never feel bad for it. I only repent because I want to go to heaven, not because I feel guilty. Help! God won't convict me of sin and I don't want to go to Hell.
Lord of the heavenly lights, help this one, and deliver her from her troubles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't really think it's conviction of sin. I believe it's my conscience, which isn't of God. I believe there is a difference between your conscience telling you something is wrong and God telling you something is wrong.

Why should you say God doesn't use one's conscience to bring conviction. Many would disagree with that.

The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly. Prov 20:27

God enlightens your spirit which in many people's way of thinking can only be one's conscience.

From Pulpit's Commentary Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, searching out his inmost being.

Verse 27. - The spirit of men is the candle (lamp) of the Lord. Neshamah, "spirit," or "breath," is the principle of life breathed into man by God himself (Genesis 2:7), distinguishing man from brutes - the conscious human soul. We may consider it as equivalent to what we Christians call conscience, with its twofold character of receiving light and illumination from God, and sitting as judge and arbiter of actions. It is named "the Lord's lamp," because this moral sense is a direct gift of God, and enables a man to see his real condition. Our Lord (Matthew 6:23) speaks of the light that is in man, and gives a solemn warning against the danger of letting it be darkened by neglect and sin; and St. Paul (1 Corinthians 2:11)

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can't speak for God but I can say to trust in Him and pray for intercession. He knows this is going on but my guess is the commander of this guy is probably Satan not God.

So if he is listening to Satan over God, then it seems like God is powerless to do anything...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Three worthy prayers.

Dear God please give me the gift of Repentance.

Dear God please have me to be Born Again.

Dear God please have Mercy on me a sinner.

M-Bob

Expect it to happen (((yes)))
But remember and always add to your prayers.
In God's timing.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Help! God won't convict me of sin and I don't want to go to Hell.

If you don't believe in God (ie: recognise and bow to his absolute authority), why would you worry about sin?

If you do believe in God, you will repent of your sin.

If you worry about sin but don't believe in God, ask yourself why?

Last edited:
Upvote 0