Malaysia
✟47,272.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree that God saves me through Jesus Christ, He is my Savior,
salvation is by grace,
but that does not mean I no need to do anything in this life, correct?
Can I continue to sin and not worried about losing my salvation?
For the Bible says " Hebrew 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

If I am not Holy and live sinful life, even to deny Jesus in front of men, how can I be saved?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
salvation is by grace,
For the Bible says " Hebrew 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

If I am not Holy and live sinful life, even to deny Jesus in front of men, how can I be saved?
I think you have read enough of the Bible to know the Bible's answers to these concerns and questions. (hopefully anyway).

Accept what the Bible says, in harmony (no contradictions), and keep reading the Bible and keep seeking God, and keep asking God for wisdom and experiential knowledge --- HE is JOYOUS to let you know , as He Says in His Word ! ! !
YES - HE IS JOYOUS OVER YOU , even with DANCING ! (sorry, I forget the reference)...

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YES - HE IS JOYOUS OVER YOU , even with DANCING ! (sorry, I forget the reference)...
That would be Zephaniah 3:17

Where sin abounds, grace abounds much more.
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
GOD FORBID! How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer in sin. Romans 5:20-6:2
The rest of Romans 6 is a great read to further explain this.

If you sin, you won't lose your salvation. But you would be a fool to keep on sinning.
Picture sin as being stuck in the mud willingly.
We have a blood bought right to eat at the Father's Table, why would you want to eat mud pies?

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
salvation is by grace,

Sin brings trouble into our lives. There is no lasting peace till we repent of our sin.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
salvation is by grace,

The gospel says that Jesus saves us from sin. Some people think that we are saved from hell, but not from sin - but that is not the gospel of the New Testament. Jesus saves us from our sins, which means that we are not only to trust Christ to save us from the wrath of God (penalty of sin), but also to trust Him for saving us from the actions of sin. Repentance is a continuous lifestyle, and we need to call on the name of Christ to save us out of each and every temptation that we know to be against God's will.

Here is a prime example for today's culture: a beautiful woman I work with and apparently have some romantic chemistry by flirting, private conversations about life, and other social niceties, suddenly invites me into her apartment for a nightcap. Well, how can I do this great sin against God? It is my responsibility to call on Jesus for help to resist this obvious temptation. Do I really believe that Christ has saved me from my sin and sanctified me for His glory? My life must be a witness for Christ's power to live a victorious Christian life - this is the ideal, of course, and all believers go in this direction.

Keep in mind that there are sins leading to death and sins not leading to death (1 John 5:16, Col. 3:5-6). We should not get these confused. We say that "no one is perfect" - not as an excuse to commit sin, but rather to say that we are still sinners, that is, we make mistakes, we still do things that don't measure up to perfection. We still commit sins that do not lead to death, although we keep on trying to overcome even those things, and trust that we will become more mature in Christ.

On the other hand, we are also saints. Not to say that anyone could even be perfect at any time. But we are set apart for God's purpose. We are God's children by identity. We have a very high and privileged position in Christ. Therefore we are called to live a life in the direction of holiness (godliness). We are called to practice love for others as God loves. And this means obeying God's commandments (by trusting in His guidance and power to overcome the world).

If someone told you that you can continue sinning and not worry about losing salvation, such a person does not believe the gospel of the New Testament. I am a firm believer in the preservation of the saints. But we must become the saints we claim we are. This is done by trusting in Christ and His work for our salvation, in addition to trusting in God's power for doing what is right. Then our deeds become the proof of our faith.
TD:)

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟800,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have the weaknesses of:
1. love for money, always feel that I need more money, always ask that can God give me more money?
2. sometimes watching inappropriate content video online.

How can I overcome this sin?
Salvation includes a huge quantity of wonderful gifts that are showered upon you. It is not just eternal life in heaven but includes Godly type Love and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

All you “can do” is accept or reject the gifts (like the homeless hungry street person could do when invited to the banquet).

Your question: “How can I overcome this sin?” is not the question you should be asking.

The question should be out of gratitude for what has been given you: “How can I do wonderful God pleasing stuff every moment of my day?” The indwelling Holy Spirit can be involved in doing good stuff and will take the lead if you allow Him. Trying “Not to sin” is not “doing something”, so fill your life with doing something really good for others and yourself, so you do not have time to sin.

The indwelling Holy Spirit gives you the power to always be doing good stuff, which the nonbeliever does not have.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. love for money, always feel that I need more money, always ask that can God give me more money?

The Bible says "confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed." I contend it is not enough to confess in forum. You need a support group you can look in the eye, this is how our souls are made. You need accountability with other people. I highly recommend joining an addiction support group like Celebrate Recovery (Home). These people are just like you with various addictions they are trying to recover from, and many are successful (the latest figure I know of is 85% rate of recovery). I was helped greatly with my recovery, and am still involved after 7 years. Victory over addictions is possible, and I testify of the truth of it. And it is the people I was with in it (in the Celebrate Recovery program) that helped me get the power to overcome. It is said that whatever you put into the program (commitment to the process) is what you will get out of it. My experience is the same.

I have an addictive personality, so I tend to have addictions in many things. I had 3 major sin addictions which I have overcome through this program, and still in recovery although sober and no inappropriate content for years (I am single). I am currently working on food addictions. If temptation comes, I remember the pain I caused others and the guilt and agony I went through before, and this helps me to call out to God for help and decide not to yield to the lust. I must call on the Lord every day to help me stay spiritually strong to resist the temptations, and He helps me every time. It is a practice and a discipline we all must develop, with faith in the power of God as He promised. In the New Testament it is called "the sanctifying work of the Spirit." The key is to have active faith in Christ as your personal Good Shepherd and build relationship with Him. It takes a long-term vision and patience with yourself, and perseverance with faith in God.
TD:)

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2018
England
✟624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts 2:36-39, "Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Romans 10:9-13, "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 16:30-34, "Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God."

Acts 3:19-21, "Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago.

Acts 17:30-31, "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Q1: What should I DO for my Salvation?

Q2: If I am not Holy and I live a sinful life (after salvation), even to deny Jesus in front of men, how can I STILL be saved? (OSAS = Eternal Security) ?

A1:
Acts 2:21
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Acts 16:31[ The Jailer Converted ] They said,
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be (are certain to be) saved;

Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law".
Find the truth in the Bible NOW!
Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved FROM ETERNAL SPIRITUAL SEPARATION FROM GOD!?!
Spiritually discern John 3 + Ephesians FIRST!
then Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.
So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!)The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus)
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life,
and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;
9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR: Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!
Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body(/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
salvation is by grace,

Trust in Christ, and follow Him.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Prayer, mortification (slowly training your body and heart to give up excess and self love), spending time with Christ and with the Scriptures, spending time on faith-affirming websites instead of inappropriate content, and sharing what you have with others who are in need.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A2: (OSAS = Eternal Security).

ETERNAL SECURITY: Supporting verses

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel,
for it is the power of God FOR salvation to everyone who BELIEVES,
to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Once a spirit-led BELIEVER...ALWAYS a spirit-led BELIEVER. God does not take back His Ephesian 2 GIFTS!

Ephesians 1:13
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation — having also BELIEVED, you were SEALED in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Once a SEALED BELIEVER...always a SEALED BELIEVER. Once God gives you SPIRITUAL POSITION, He does not change it.

2 Timothy 3:15
and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that
leads to salvation THROUGH FAITH which is in Christ Jesus.

Luke 6
47 Everyone who COMES to Me and HEARS My words and ACTS on them,
I will show you whom he is like:
48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on "THE ROCK";
and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it,
because it had been well built.
49 But the one who has heard and has not ACTED accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation;(SINKING SAND!)
and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Once a BELIEVER is built on "THE ROCK"...ALWAYS will he stay built on "THE ROCK". God is your unchanging support.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.

SALVATION offered by Jesus: COMPLETED and IRREVOCABLE

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Those who are committing iniquity are in danger of having Jesus say unto them on the day of judgment, "I never knew you." Matthew 7:13-23.
Yes of course - that is if He "NEVER" knew them.

While this is a sobering scripture concerning judgment - it obviously does not apply to those who have been born again - no matter how many times people refer to it in that inappropriate context.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would be the last to tell you that these are easy things to overcome. I'm still working on them to some extent even after 60 years in the Lord.

But I learned some time ago that you don't overcome a thing by thinking about how to overcome it.

If you stare at the oncoming headlights you want to avoid - you are quite likely to be drawn to them in spite of what you want in your heart to happen.

The scriptures tell us to "renew our mind". That means, IMO, that we are to replace sinful acts with virtuous act.

It's easier said than done. But endeavor to fill up your life with good things and the bad things will find no place.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yes of course - that is if He "NEVER" knew them.

While this is a sobering scripture concerning judgment - it obviously does not apply to those who have been born again - no matter how many times people refer to it in that inappropriate context.
And what I am saying is that if anyone is currently working iniquity, he should question as to whether he was EVER born again. Although one might also be a reprobate if he is sinning according to 2 Corinthians 13:5.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And what I am saying is that if anyone is currently working iniquity, he should question as to whether he was EVER born again. Although one might also be a reprobate if he is sinning according to 2 Corinthians 13:5.
As close as I can figure it - Jesus knew me in 1959 when I met Him around a Baptist camp campfire.

Assuming my conversion and repentance was real (and it was) - what I am saying is that we should all agree that when I was "currently working iniquity" those many, many times, in the long process of my 60 year sanctification, I couldn't have been among the ones He would have said "I never knew you" to if I had died or He had returned to this earth.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
As close as I can figure it - Jesus knew me in 1959 when I met Him around a Baptist camp campfire.

Assuming my conversion and repentance was real (and it was) - what I am saying is that we should all agree that when I was "currently working iniquity" those many, many times, in the long process of my 60 year sanctification, I couldn't have been among the ones He would have said "I never knew you" to if I had died or He had returned to this earth.
Can you be sure of that? Jesus said in Matthew 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

Upvote 0