What should I do about the demons attacking me?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So ever since becoming a Christian back in 2013 I've been haunted by thoughts along the lines of Jesus is Satan and the Holy spirit is Satan. Im told that these delusions are from the schizophrenic side of me by my psychiatrist and so far no medication has been able to get rid of these schizophrenic delusions. I lied and told my psychiatrist that these delusions have gone away because I don't think she can do anything about it. They haven't. Its like the devil is trying to attack me its like I'm being tormented by demons. Why!? Why won't Jesus heal me of this mental illness? There has to be a reason.

I mean... I know deep down in my heart that it isn't true. Jesus nor any other parts of God are demonic but why must I think these things every time I pray? Every time I try to get close to God. I keep reading John 6:37-40 over and over again looking for the "none are lost except for the crazy and insane Shane." But of course it isn't there. The only thing that's there is "despite this sin Shane is STILL one of my sheep and is still always and eternally saved." I mean... I'm honestly done believing that I'm committing the unforgivable sin. I'm just done worrying about that. Why? Because Jesus said that NO believer will be lost zip Nada zero. So I'm confident in my salvation.E specially when I saw myself be born again. I KNOW I'm born again and loved by Jesus despite my blasphemy. But... I just want it to stop. Why? Because I LOVE God. I don't want to think that God is Satan! I don't want to blaspheme God anymore! I keep praying for God to heal me but he just won't. I'm supposed to endure this torment. So I guess why I'm telling you all this is I'm wondering what can be done about it. Am I supposed to just ignore it and live with it? Or should I tell my psychiatrist the truth and see if she can help with it. But if it really is demons attacking me what can my psychiatrist do about it? I need Jesus! But Jesus does nothing but enjoy my suffering and torment! That's the only reason why he won't heal me until I die!

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The renewal of one's mind can be a long, slow process, but God will do that in you through staying faithful to him. Not that it always is accurate, but compare how many years in your life you were not pressing into God with how long you have been pressing into God? The time spent away from God was all time for the devil to increase footholds into your life. Even so, the worst kind of thoughts, images, and pressure, do not necessarily come from demons.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. (Matthew 15:19, 1984 NIV)

While on earth everyone experiences the sinful nature.

I wouldn't lie to your doctor, but rather stop trying to explain what you think the source is. Just explain the symptoms. Even though it may not be obvious, medication (and therapy) is one way to fight against spiritual darkness. It is an willful effort to reject the results of sin on earth.

Persist in prayer for healing from the Lord even if it takes years. Sin hinders your prayers, but otherwise every prayer not opposed to God's will moves God to action. God definitely wants you to be healed. That's part of what it means that Jesus redeemed us. Desire and hope God will heal you instantly or quickly, but also leave the timing up to God, and accept his decisions about it. He will use everything in your life to your benefit, especially every manner of suffering.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The demon of blasphemy usually attacks us because of some hidden pride or because we subscribe to some heretical teaching. He also attacks the more simpe minded and also those who are more advanced spiritually. Whatever the case, humility is the only virtue that can silence this demon. Humility means not to presume that you are knowledgable and righteous or even among the saved (yes even that) and to always pray for mercy.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So ever since becoming a Christian back in 2013 I've been haunted by thoughts along the lines of Jesus is Satan and the Holy spirit is Satan. Im told that these delusions are from the schizophrenic side of me by my psychiatrist and so far no medication has been able to get rid of these schizophrenic delusions. I lied and told my psychiatrist that these delusions have gone away because I don't think she can do anything about it. They haven't. Its like the devil is trying to attack me its like I'm being tormented by demons. Why!? Why won't Jesus heal me of this mental illness? There has to be a reason.

I mean... I know deep down in my heart that it isn't true. Jesus nor any other parts of God are demonic but why must I think these things every time I pray? Every time I try to get close to God. I keep reading John 6:37-40 over and over again looking for the "none are lost except for the crazy and insane Shane." But of course it isn't there. The only thing that's there is "despite this sin Shane is STILL one of my sheep and is still always and eternally saved." I mean... I'm honestly done believing that I'm committing the unforgivable sin. I'm just done worrying about that. Why? Because Jesus said that NO believer will be lost zip Nada zero. So I'm confident in my salvation.E specially when I saw myself be born again. I KNOW I'm born again and loved by Jesus despite my blasphemy. But... I just want it to stop. Why? Because I LOVE God. I don't want to think that God is Satan! I don't want to blaspheme God anymore! I keep praying for God to heal me but he just won't. I'm supposed to endure this torment. So I guess why I'm telling you all this is I'm wondering what can be done about it. Am I supposed to just ignore it and live with it? Or should I tell my psychiatrist the truth and see if she can help with it. But if it really is demons attacking me what can my psychiatrist do about it? I need Jesus! But Jesus does nothing but enjoy my suffering and torment! That's the only reason why he won't heal me until I die!
This may sound a little crazy, but hear me out, ok?

I wouldn't worry about it. When those thoughts come into your mind about Jesus being satan or the Holy Spirit being satan - just cast them down with your thoughts.

Something like ...

"I know this thought about Jesus being satan is so wrong. I have no idea why this keeps popping into my head, but you Lord know my heart. You know that I glorify you as Lord and Savior and these thoughts are coming onto me because of my mental illness and do not reflect who you are to me".

Sometimes, with mental illness the things we concentrate on are made more real in our minds and thoughts because we give them the time of day in our thoughts, thinking about them. I would have a short prayer like the one above in italics, cast that thought away and then get back to whatever you were doing.

You are giving your mental illness too much power and time. God understands what you are going through, have faith that He knows your heart and forgives.

When the thoughts are less life altering, because you've acknowledged God in His Glory and cast out the thought, it looses it's power over you

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This may sound a little crazy, but hear me out, ok?

I wouldn't worry about it. When those thoughts come into your mind about Jesus being satan or the Holy Spirit being satan - just cast them down with your thoughts.

Something like ...

"I know this thought about Jesus being satan is so wrong. I have no idea why this keeps popping into my head, but you Lord know my heart. You know that I glorify you as Lord and Savior and these thoughts are coming onto me because of my mental illness and do not reflect who you are to me".

Sometimes, with mental illness the things we concentrate on are made more real in our minds and thoughts because we give them the time of day in our thoughts, thinking about them. I would have a short prayer like the one above in italics, cast that thought away and then get back to whatever you were doing.

You are giving your mental illness too much power and time. God understands what you are going through, have faith that He knows your heart and forgives.

When the thoughts are less life altering, because you've acknowledged God in His Glory and cast out the thought, it looses it's power over you

Thank you. I know deep down in my heart that they are not true. You're right that Jesus can see my heart and that I don't really believe these things deep down in my heart. It's my mental illness that cause me to think them not me. I mean it still bothers me that I blaspheme my Lord and my God in such a way and I guess that's why I'm asking not only forgiveness but also for the thoughts to stop. I mean... I can tell my psychiatrist that they haven't stopped but idk if she can really do anything about it. I mean I've been tried on lots of different drugs and none of them have worked. Maybe if I switch to my old psychiatrist he can help. Dunno. Anyway... Do you mind if I pm you about this?

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I know deep down in my heart that they are not true. You're right that Jesus can see my heart and that I don't really believe these things deep down in my heart. It's my mental illness that cause me to think them not me. I mean it still bothers me that I blaspheme my Lord and my God in such a way and I guess that's why I'm asking not only forgiveness but also for the thoughts to stop. I mean... I can tell my psychiatrist that they haven't stopped but idk if she can really do anything about it. I mean I've been tried on lots of different drugs and none of them have worked. Maybe if I switch to my old psychiatrist he can help. Dunno. Anyway... Do you mind if I pm you about this?
Feel free to PM me about it.

But also, part of it is that you make things right with God and let it go. Each time, every single time you say a simple prayer and then don't let it bother you. Then, when it happens again, you say the short prayer again and let it go. Again... and again... and again...

Eventually, after you can stop worrying about having those thoughts and just let it go, it will loose it's power over you.

You can train your mind to react to it in a positive way. Giving God glory and then letting it go.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The demon of blasphemy usually attacks us because of some hidden pride or because we subscribe to some heretical teaching. He also attacks the more simpe minded and also those who are more advanced spiritually. Whatever the case, humility is the only virtue that can silence this demon. Humility means not to presume that you are knowledgable and righteous or even among the saved (yes even that) and to always pray for mercy.

There is no "demon of blasphemy" anywhere in scripture, just like there is no "religious spirit" nor a "Jezebel spirit" either. Many believers like to throw these terms around which have no grounding in the truth. Also, humility is not a form of spiritual warfare; for a refresher on the armor of God see Ephesians 6:13-17.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You've talked of blasphemous thoughts that are tormenting you immensely. That is a classic symptom of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); I should know because I have it! (along with bipolar disorder) Of course, you need to get a proper diagnosis from a COMPETENT psychiatrist. If you really do have this biologically-based disorder, a specific class of medication will probably be recommended to get the incessant thoughts under control. Without my med, my thoughts get very twisted around, blasphemous, and tormenting. Here's a website you may want to look at -

What is OCD? - International OCD Foundation

• Agree
Reactions: Porpoise
Upvote 0

Swiftbreeze

Jul 7, 2018
Texas
✟33,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have this problem too. The best advice I would give is to just say a prayer and ignore it. I know that might not sound like the best advice, but when you pay attention to these thoughts you're only upsetting yourself and that's exactly what the devil wants. He wants to upset you, and will do anything he can to do so. As hard as it can be, by ignoring these thoughts you aren't giving him what he wants. God knows our hearts, and knows we don't actually believe these things.

And just know that not reacting doesn't mean you believe these things. I used to struggle with that line of thought all the time. I thought that I had to fall on my knees and have a huge emotional reaction begging for forgiveness from God everytime these thoughts occured, and if I didn't God would never forgive me because He would think I really believed these things. Finally I realized that isn't true at all, and it was another attack. Like I said earlier, God knows our hearts and knows that we are saved and don't believe these evil thoughts.

So whenever this happens again, I would just try to shut it down with your thoughts and then say a prayer to Jesus. And if it happens again just try not to give it any more thought. Just act like it didn't happen. If it keeps persisting or keeps getting stronger, say another prayer and just try your best to not give these thoughts any reaction because a reaction is what satan is looking for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Put spiritual protection around you .Say prayers to Archangel Michael to bide the demons that are projecting into your mind. You can find on net. Ask for the cloak of Jesus Christ to descend upon me now ! say all these out loud to give your prayers authority.Do this everyday for 1 hr in morning and evening you will get relief.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have this problem too. The best advice I would give is to just say a prayer and ignore it. I know that might not sound like the best advice, but when you pay attention to these thoughts you're only upsetting yourself and that's exactly what the devil wants. He wants to upset you, and will do anything he can to do so. As hard as it can be, by ignoring these thoughts you aren't giving him what he wants. God knows our hearts, and knows we don't actually believe these things.

And just know that not reacting doesn't mean you believe these things. I used to struggle with that line of thought all the time. I thought that I had to fall on my knees and have a huge emotional reaction begging for forgiveness from God everytime these thoughts occured, and if I didn't God would never forgive me because He would think I really believed these things. Finally I realized that isn't true at all, and it was another attack. Like I said earlier, God knows our hearts and knows that we are saved and don't believe these evil thoughts.

So whenever this happens again, I would just try to shut it down with your thoughts and then say a prayer to Jesus. And if it happens again just try not to give it any more thought. Just act like it didn't happen. If it keeps persisting or keeps getting stronger, say another prayer and just try your best to not give these thoughts any reaction because a reaction is what satan is looking for.

You have this problem? I thought I was alone. Do you mind if I pm you about this? Do you have a mental illness too? Or is it demons attacking you? I don't know if its my mental illness or a demonic attack. Either could be likely. Its been suggested to me to ignore this elsewhere. So I will probably heed that advice. I think if I ignore it and not let it bother me if it is demons than they'll eventually get bored and leave me alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swiftbreeze

Jul 7, 2018
Texas
✟33,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have this problem? I thought I was alone. Do you mind if I pm you about this? Do you have a mental illness too? Or is it demons attacking you? I don't know if its my mental illness or a demonic attack. Either could be likely. Its been suggested to me to ignore this elsewhere. So I will probably heed that advice. I think if I ignore it and not let it bother me if it is demons than they'll eventually get bored and leave me alone.

Sure. I don't mind if you pm me. I've never been to the doctor for a diagnosis, so I can't really say if it's caused by mental illness or not. Like you said, either could be likely. I assume mine are caused by demons, because this all started once I started looking deeper into my faith and studying more. I also have horrible attacks through dreams, which I know for a fact are demonic. But now that I have started trying to ignore these thoughts, they are becoming easier to deal with.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sure. I don't mind if you pm me. I've never been to the doctor for a diagnosis, so I can't really say if it's caused by mental illness or not. Like you said, either could be likely. I assume mine are caused by demons, because this all started once I started looking deeper into my faith and studying more. I also have horrible attacks through dreams, which I know for a fact are demonic. But now that I have started trying to ignore these thoughts, they are becoming easier to deal with.

Okay ill pm you tomorrow morning its really late here (close to 11:00 pm). Yeah I've had dreams along those lines before. The weird part is I didn't start getting these thoughts and dreams until after I became a christian. Which makes me think maybe its demons causing it and not my mental illness. Anyway... I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need Jesus! But Jesus does nothing but enjoy my suffering and torment! That's the only reason why he won't heal me until I die!
If demons are in your life, that's one of the things they want you to believe.

Say your prayer aloud, worship God aloud, in the name of Jesus aloud. And then go about your business. If demons are around, that is demon repellent. If they're not around, it still helps your mind.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have some great advice from others in this thread. I would suggest seeking deliverance through someone with experience in this area first, in order to see where you really are at, then follow through with the other things as needed.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If demons are in your life, that's one of the things they want you to believe.

Say your prayer aloud, worship God aloud, in the name of Jesus aloud. And then go about your business. If demons are around, that is demon repellent. If they're not around, it still helps your mind.

I will do that. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0