Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I live in an apt. so I am used to living around noise and for the most part it doesn't bother me, especially if it's just kids playing during the day.

WELL, I live on the 3rd floor and the people that live on the 2nd floor have two kids that are absolutely out of control in my opinion. They play upstairs outside of my apt for some reason a lot of the time. The scream and yell constantly really loud. They throw things at cars. They are downstairs on the ground level right now and I can hear them yelling "fat lady, run, fun, run, fat lady is coming" about someone. It's on my last nerve. They are rude and disrespectful. I want to go down there and have a talk about manners with them. My guess is since I can hear them, their parents should be able to hear them too. I really want to go downstairs and knock on the door and talk to the parents. The boys are about 5 yrs old and the parents do not supervise them at all when they play out in the parking lot.:mad:

Anyway, this is kind of a rant and a question. Is it wrong if I have a talk with the parents? I would do this in a kind manner, but I can't take just letting it go much longer.

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't mind the kids being around and playing, but I do mind when they are being disrespectful, throwing things at cars, playing in the street, and staying outside late at night all unsupervised. I wouldn't even suggest that it should be "no children allowed."

I'm going to talk to the parents tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have the exact same problem. Telling the kids to behave does no good, telling the apartment manager doesn't and the parents are about as useless as they come.

The Parents all yelled at me, told me to mind my business & called me a few cuss words to boot. Finally the building(After 4 written complaints by me) made it an evictable offence to leave your kids outside alone after 8pm. That worked for a while but it wasn't informed until I called Child services because I found 1 kids(2 years) in the parking lot alone, the other child was found in the middle of the busy street by the police and the two oldest set the laundry mat on fire.

Basically nothing except calling CHild services works and even then, even if the kids are outside alone after dark, that's not "proof" of neglect.

I suggest you call Child Services when you see them out after dark because I know one lady who got concerned and the neglectful parent turned it on her and told CHild Services she hurts her kids to get back at her.

Upvote 0

tiradas

Contributor
Jul 20, 2005
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,519.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus-is-the-1 said:
I don't mind the kids being around and playing, but I do mind when they are being disrespectful, throwing things at cars, playing in the street, and staying outside late at night all unsupervised. I wouldn't even suggest that it should be "no children allowed."

I'm going to talk to the parents tomorrow.

Praying for you today. Let us know how it went!

Hmmm...do you go to church? Do they? Maybe you could invite the kids to go with you for Sunday School or Wednesday evenings?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever told a parent their child is a monster before? It takes a special kind of tact. And even then...most parents can be very touchy about accusaitons against their children.

If I were you I would mention something to the apartment manager about them throwing things at cars. Then it would be up to the apartment manager to handle it since there would be a certain financial liability on the apartment complex's part if they damaged something during their little outings.

Upvote 0

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have worked with kids a lot, and with that comes talking to the parents. I guess they are out of town for the holidays b/c I haven't seen the family at all.

I'm not going to knock on the door and say, "hey, your kids are monsters." If it continues after they are home I will talk to them in a very nice, gentle manner.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Reactions: tiradas
Upvote 0