Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just as long as we remember that we are always saved and kept by the Grace of God!

Only true Christians have that guarantee. See John 10 and even 1 Corinthians 3 & 15. In 2002, Pastor Chuck Smith, the beginner of the Calvary Chapel Movement, stopped saying "Brothers and Sisters" from the pulpit after he realized that so many of his church's congregation were not manifesting the Fruit of the Spirit. So be careful about how you relate to individuals that you don't give the impression that you think they are saved and you are not sure they are. They may think you are condoning their sins.

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Re: ***What really is the Gospel?

Mark 1:1 - 16:20.

The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
(Mark 1:1, 1984 NIV)

Why? Have you read the other responses in this discussion? Again if it was a product, how would you sell it? How would you promote it or advertise it?

I prefer John and Matthew more than Mark and Luke for a number of reasons. But there are gems of the Full Gospel in the Epistles too.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? Have you read the other responses in this discussion? Again if it was a product, how would you sell it? How would you promote it or advertise it?

I prefer John and Matthew more than Mark and Luke for a number of reasons. But there are gems of the Full Gospel in the Epistles too.
My point is that the whole narrative of Jesus Christ is the gospel.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Only true Christians have that guarantee. See John 10 and even 1 Corinthians 3 & 15. In 2002, Pastor Chuck Smith, the beginner of the Calvary Chapel Movement, stopped saying "Brothers and Sisters" from the pulpit after he realized that so many of his church's congregation were not manifesting the Fruit of the Spirit. So be careful about how you relate to individuals that you don't give the impression that you think they are saved and you are not sure they are. They may think you are condoning their sins.
We are allowed to be fruit inspectors, as those who profess to have been saved by Jesus will also manifest to some degree some fruit. The main problem is when we think some need to produce bigger and more fruit in order to even being saved!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
***What really is the Gospel?
Malachi 3:6a-- “For I am Jehovah, I change not.”
Psalm 89:34-- “I will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips.”
James 1:17-- “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above
and comes down from The Father Of Lights,
with Whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning.”
Hebrews 13:8-- “Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever.”

Because of those verses and the word “Gospel” means “Good News”,
then what was the “Good News”
from just after the Creation time (first what did God say to Adam and Eve) to the Israelites time,
from the time of King David until the time of the New Testament,
in the time of John the Baptist,
in the time of the ministry on Earth of Jesus Christ,
during the First Century Christian churches time,
and then how did the Roman Catholic Popes and denominational churches try to change the Salvation requirements.
Then how should be properly do the Great Commission Evangelism and Teaching?

***Most used spiritual acronyms I have shared with others via the Internet:

F -- fear not

A -- assurance from God's Word

I -- in God's love

T -- trust in God and the Bible

H -- holiness with Holy Spirit and Bible help

P -- power from Heaven

R -- ruled/guided by the agapè love of God and His Word

A -- attentive to The Holy Spirit

Y -- yearning for God's truths and repentance to righteousness by many

E -- earnest to be righteous and compassionate

R -- ready for the return of the Messiah and His deliverance for believers

C -- Christ, confession

H -- Holy Spirit help

A -- attitudes and actions

N -- needs

G -- good works (Ephesians 2:10)

E -- everywhere for eternity

C -- commitment to God's truth

O -- obedience to The Holy Spirit

U -- understanding God's desires

R -- revival spiritually

A -- attentiveness for opportunities to minister

G -- gratefulness to God, especially for His protection

E -- enduring in faith of God

Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17, 23) and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of his Gospel message.

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We are allowed to be fruit inspectors, as those who profess to have been saved by Jesus will also manifest to some degree some fruit. The main problem is when we think some need to produce bigger and more fruit in order to even being saved!

Ephesians 2:10 follows the 2 famous Grace Salvation verses. Why? The Epistles are full of the reasons and commands to think and do right after being born again.

Jesus Christ hates modern day Phariseeic judging and condemning. I have been a victim of it many times. Recently I was told by 2 pastors of a Baptist church that I would not be welcome anymore because I would not condemn Evangelist Billy Graham. What would you say to them?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:10 follows the 2 famous Grace Salvation verses. Why? The Epistles are full of the reasons and commands to think and do right after being born again.

Jesus Christ hates modern day Phariseeic judging and condemning. I have been a victim of it many times. Recently I was told by 2 pastors of a Baptist church that I would not be welcome anymore because I would not condemn Evangelist Billy Graham. What would you say to them?
I was seeing fruit inspection as in if the professing Christian actually is producing in their lives any good fruit, and also judging if they hold to correct doctrines. I would not be one to condemn Billy Graham, as God approved of him, so by what right would I have to condemn him?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Most of the Torah are ordinances and rules only for the Israelites. Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul did not say only obey the Torah. They knew about the whole Old Testament, not just the Torah. Extremism is wrong and your emphasis is extreme. What is the Good News Gospel mentioned in all of the New Testament, including Salvation and Sanctification? Only with the Holy Spirit can a believer live a righteous life. What is God's Grace and His pleasures? The Torah is not for today.

God's Law is summarized by the Ten Commandments and the Two Great Commandments (mentioned in both Testaments). Like the Sermon on the Mount, the following indicates the amplification of God's Law:
1-- New Testament commandments in groups with verses
Box

03a-- Truth-- ETRSF (27 pgs.)-- https://app.box.com/s/92gcdwu29h0vnluiirswu6lzs537rwtn
03b-- Light in ETRSF (20 pgs.)-- https://app.box.com/s/969cl4w7q5kuq896eqls7mxw2b6hi872

Hebrews 12:24-29
24 And to Jesus the Mediator of the New Covenant,
and to blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks.
For if they did not escape, those who refused him that spoke on Earth,
much more we shall not escape if we turn away from Him Who speaks from Heaven,
26 Whose voice then shook the earth;
but now He has promised, saying,
“Yet once more I will not only shake the earth, but also the heavens.” (Haggai 2:6)
27 And this word, “Yet once more”, signifies the removing of those things that are shaken,
as of things that have been made,
so that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken,
let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably
with reverence and Godly fear,
29 for also, “Our God is a consuming fire.” (Deuteronomy 4:24)

1 Peter 1:3-9
3 Blessed be The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who according to His great mercy has regenerated us again to a living hope
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible,
and undefiled, and that fades not away,
reserved in Heaven for you by the power of God,
5 having been kept through faith to a salvation
ready to be revealed in the last time;
6 in which you greatly rejoice,
yet a little while, if need be, grieving in manifold temptations,
7 so that the trial of your faith
(being much more precious than that of gold that perishes,
but being proven through fire)
might be found to praise and honor and glory
at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
8 Whom having not seen, you love;
in Whom not yet seeing, but believing in Him
you exult with unspeakable joy,
and having been glorified,
9 obtaining the end of your faith, the Salvation of your souls.

01-- Proper fear of God in ETRSF-- Box
Important word studies:
a.) God and His love and related to Him-- Box
b.) Salvation and onward-- Box

Bible Information-- https://www.box.com/s/b6358faaef8a6f7567bb
~controversies about Bible issues-- Box
1.) Bible translations-- Box
2.) about the Sabbath-- Box
3.) Passion Week-- Box

About Abba Father-- https://www.box.com/s/6d64cf7a92cb45cc9b7c
(a) in relating to God-- Box
(b) God and sufferings-- Box

About Jesus Christ-- https://www.box.com/s/1acfc3e39f1affcb74cc
(a) relating to Jesus Christ-- Box
(b) controversies about Jesus Christ-- Box

Other issues about Christian deity-- Box
Paul stated that NONE would be justified before God by observing the Law, but once saved, we are still under obligation to obey the moral aspect of It...

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Paul stated that NONE would be justified before God by observing the Law, but once saved, we are still under obligation to obey the moral aspect of It...

***True Christians are no longer under the Law, but they should be with it.***
But I am sure you have heard many Grace Only preachers. I believe that on the New Earth, they will be far far away from the New Jerusalem. And the careful Bible teachers will be in the New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
***True Christians are no longer under the Law, but they should be with it.***
But I am sure you have heard many Grace Only preachers. I believe that on the New Earth, they will be far far away from the New Jerusalem. And the careful Bible teachers will be in the New Jerusalem.
We are saved by grace alone thru faith alone, but are still responsible to God to live as ones now saved by Him!

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was seeing fruit inspection as in if the professing Christian actually is producing in their lives any good fruit, and also judging if they hold to correct doctrines. I would not be one to condemn Billy Graham, as God approved of him, so by what right would I have to condemn him?

Pray for the many pastors and their followers who believe it is ok to condemn great Christians. None of those I talked with could say anything he said wrong in his sermons, not one statement.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pray for the many pastors and their followers who believe it is ok to condemn great Christians. None of those I talked with could say anything he said wrong in his sermons, not one statement.
The Bible tells us to not criticize those who are doing His work, for their master, Jesus Himself, is upholding them. Now if the person is into heresys or active sinning lifestyle, then we can !

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Such pastors obviously skimmed over Rom.14:4. Mark.9:40.

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible tells us to not criticize those who are doing His work, for their master, Jesus Himself, is upholding them. Now if the person is into heresys or active sinning lifestyle, then we can !

That is not what the Bible says. Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul rebuked some of their best disciples. Because of God's love and Holy Spirit guidance true Christians should only offer constructive criticisms. But many criticize others before asking questions in order to understand why the conflict of beliefs. Haste usually makes waste.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is not what the Bible says. Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul rebuked some of their best disciples. Because of God's love and Holy Spirit guidance true Christians should only offer constructive criticisms. But many criticize others before asking questions in order to understand why the conflict of beliefs. Haste usually makes waste.
I think that we agree on this, as my point was that we do not criticize other Christians based upon them not being saved, as we cannot discern that, but we can and should judge their lifestyles and theology, and if wrong, correct them!

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
---Staff Edit---

I believe that no new prophecies for the future are needed, but all of the spiritual gifts are still being given by God. I also believe that the majority of what is being done in charismatic churches in speaking in tongues and miraculous healing is faked in order for individuals to be accepted and respected and even become famous. And most other denominations also add wrong requirements for individuals to prove that they are born again and also have wrong prejudice against charismatics and even the famous Evangelist Billy Graham. I have have experienced all of the Spiritual Gifts, but I know many true Christians have not experienced any fo the sign gifts. Many think they have the gift of prophecy, but what comes out of their mouths is usually Scripture truths or psychology or preferably Holy Spirit urged statements which Biblically are the spiritual gifts of knowledge and wisdom. But most people are gullible to such that is not from God because they don't know enough of the Bible. When I hear or read the false, I usually pray for the individual to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit conviction. And you know about those who have become famous and rich even pastoring mega churches or becoming TV celebrities, and who have promoted politicians who are saying and doing and promoting what God hates (like abortion and homosexuality). How can God remain patient much longer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe that no new prophecies for the future are needed, but all of the spiritual gifts are still being given by God. I also believe that the majority of what is being done in charismatic churches in speaking in tongues and miraculous healing is faked in order for individuals to be accepted and respected and even become famous. And most other denominations also add wrong requirements for individuals to prove that they are born again and also have wrong prejudice against charismatics and even the famous Evangelist Billy Graham. I have have experienced all of the Spiritual Gifts, but I know many true Christians have not experienced any fo the sign gifts. Many think they have the gift of prophecy, but what comes out of their mouths is usually Scripture truths or psychology or preferably Holy Spirit urged statements which Biblically are the spiritual gifts of knowledge and wisdom. But most people are gullible to such that is not from God because they don't know enough of the Bible. When I hear or read the false, I usually pray for the individual to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit conviction. And you know about those who have become famous and rich even pastoring mega churches or becoming TV celebrities, and who have promoted politicians who are saying and doing and promoting what God hates (like abortion and homosexuality). How can God remain patient much longer?
I believe that God can still heal today, but he can choose to heal by divine grace, by medicine, by surgery, but that there are no so called faith healers for today!

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Ironically, I just logically did indent formatting (like an outline) just now. It is from morning talk at Chicago, April 9, 1889.

"If we only understood the evil of this spirit of intolerance, how we would shun it!
We join ourselves to the enemy of God and humankind when we accuse our brethren, for Satan was an accuser of the brethren.
We bear false witness when we add a little to our brother's words, and give them a false coloring;
and in the sight of God we are not doers, but transgressors of the Law
We are not on The Lord's side; we are on the side of him who hurts, destroys, and tears down the cause of Truth.
We should pray for one another, instead of drawing apart.
He (or she) who keeps the Word of Truth abides in Christ;
in him (or her) is the love of God perfected.
We should be ready to accept Light from God from whatever source it may come,
instead of rejecting it because it does not come through the channel from which we expected it.
When Jesus opened the Word of God at Nazareth, and read Isaiah's Prophecy of his work and mission,
and declared that it was fulfilled in their hearing,
they began to doubt and question.
They said, "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary?
And his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us?
Whence then has this man all these things?”
And they were offended in him.
They did not expect Light from him, and they rejected the Message of God.
When he who had been born blind, received his sight, and came to the Pharisees and told them of Jesus,
they said, "Thou was altogether born in sins, and do you teach us?"
And they cast him out.
They settled themselves in unbelief, in rejection of Christ, though they professed to believe in God.
God has commanded us to love one another.
If you see defects in a brother, do not say, "I have lost all confidence in him."
Have you any right to speak in that way of another?
The Scripture commands us to build one another up in the most holy faith.
We are to be holy in all manner of conversation.
Are your minds broad enough to take in all the circumstances, perplexities, and trials of the brother you condemn?
There are many whose religion consists in criticizing habits of dress and manners.
They want to bring every one to their own measure.
They desire to lengthen out those who seem too short for their standard,
and to cut down others who seem too long.
They have lost the love of God out of their hearts;
but they think they have a spirit of discernment.
They think it is their prerogative to criticize, and pronounce judgment;
but they should repent of their error, and turn away from their sins.
Peter asked of The Lord concerning John, "Lord, and what shall this man do?"
Jesus answered, "What is that to you? Follow Me."
We are to follow The Example.
A flood of Light shines upon us, and all jealousy should be put away; for jealousy is cruel as the grave.
Purge out the old leaven; for a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Let us love one another.
Let us have harmony and union throughout our ranks.
Let us have our hearts sanctified to God.
Let us look upon the Light that abides for us in Jesus.
Let us remember how forbearing and patient He was with the erring children of men.
We should be in a wretched state if The God of Heaven were like one of us, and treated us as we are inclined to treat one another.
Thank The Lord that His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways.
He is full of compassion and love, long-suffering, and abundant in sincere mercy.
If we have the love of Jesus, we shall love those for whom He has died."

for God and for back-to-the-basics Christianity,
Bible lover Bill
Romans 8:28, Proverbs 3:5-6, Philippians 4:4-8, and Jude 20-25

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (1 Corinthians 15:3–4)
Plus the many benefits that come from this.
Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16)

To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0