What qualifies one as a "born again believer"...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was wondering about this: What qualifies one as a born again believer...?

Can it simply be someone who has turned their life around, and believes in God...? And that's it...?

And, maybe does not know that much "about God", but believes or says they have believed in God their entire life (and Jesus Christ) and maybe does not know that much about it, (God or Christ) but also does not really require themselves to know "everything" about it in order to believe...?

And may see little to no need to belong to a church, (maybe they used to or were raised in one or it) or belong to a body of believers or any faith based organization(s)... And lives a quiet, peaceful life for the most part, and says they do believe in God and Jesus Christ...

But thier life was not always so quiet and peaceful, but are "born again" because they, maybe "hit a wall" or "hit rock bottom" in a (previously and prior to that), very sinful, destructive lifestyle, but turned all that around... And now lives in a lot less sin and now lives a kind of quiet and peaceful lifestyle... And is happy now and says they do believe...

What qualifies one as "born again believer"...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: not-a-muslim

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Can it simply be someone who has turned their life around, and believes in God...? And that's it...?

And, maybe does not know that much "about God", but believes or says they have believed in God their entire life (and Jesus Christ) and maybe does not know that much about it, (God or Christ) but also does not really require themselves to know "everything" about it in order to believe...?

And may see little to no need to belong to a church, (maybe they used to or were raised in one or it) or belong to a body of believers or any faith based organization(s)... And lives a quiet, peaceful life for the most part, and says they do believe in God and Jesus Christ...

But thier life was not always so quiet and peaceful, but are "born again" because they, maybe "hit a wall" or "hit rock bottom" in a (previously and prior to that), very sinful, destructive lifestyle, but turned all that around... And now lives in a lot less sin and now lives a kind of quiet and peaceful lifestyle... And is happy now and says they do believe...

God Bless!
This person I am thinking of, is "older" (now), and has a rock with a saying about God on it, on her table on her porch, and it talks about, basically, how she feels about and feels closer or closest to God when she is tending her yard and/or garden...

Her yard is beautiful, full of various plants, and lot's of flowers, and she has a garden where she grows fruits and vegetables every year, and she absolutely loves tending it and it is a lot of work, and she spends a lot of time tending it/doing it, but she absolutely loves it and does it very happily and gladly...

She has a checkered past, but turned it all around about mid life...

There were reasons for the way she used to be, victim of a lot of abuse in her life, had a hard difficult life growing up and during her first marriage...

She is now single and happy, and says she believes in God... But doesn't go or belong to a body of believers or a church...

Is she a "born again believer"...? A woman or person of, or belonging to God...? Is she "saved"...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is it with us having to "know" (what, everything?) anyway...?

Why is it so important...?

I have considered that it might actually be a "lack of faith" rather than having "great faith", and this woman I am talking about, might have more faith than any of us...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

I think this is a key scripture to know whether you are born again:

Romans 8

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Someone who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Is that a requirement also...?

Does she...? (if you even read any of the OP, or other posts in this thread and did not just respond in haste to the title, that is...?)

How do you tell if one has the indwelling of the H.S...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think this is a key scripture to know whether you are born again:

Romans 8

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
How do you tell if one has the indwelling of the H.S...?

Does this person being talked about here have it...? Do we...?

Do you have to be "aware" of it/him (the H.S.) to have it/him...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are the "four spiritual laws"...? and what do they have to do with this topic...?
The four Spiritual Laws address what it takes to be "born again," the topic of the OP.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do you want me to summarize it? It is short, already. Are you having trouble finding the English version?
Yes, I told you I clicked on your link but was having trouble finding those four rules or laws...?

Can't you just tell us...? It should be simple after all...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do you want me to summarize it? It is short, already. Are you having trouble finding the English version?
I looked at it, and while it has a lot of knowledge, I do not believe all that is necessarily necessary to be "saved"...? But maybe, only for some to "believe"...

I can almost guarantee you, this woman knows nothing to very little about them, and my question is, is she saved...? Is she a "born again, spirit filled, believer"...?

"Born again" is simply a big life change, or change of heart and mind, or a converted heart and mind... "Spirit filled" is one of my questions here...? What does it mean to be spirit filled...?

And "Believer" means simply believing on and having faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ...? It takes much less for some to be a believer and much more for others...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I looked at it, and while it has a lot of knowledge, I do not believe all that is necessarily necessary to be "saved"...? But maybe, only for some to "believe"...
"Born again" is simply a big life change, or change of heart and mind, or a converted heart and mind...
And "Believer" means simply believing on and having faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ...? It takes much less for some to be a believer and much more for others...
You sound more certain than your OP led me to believe.

Upvote 0