Discussion What prophets today has a perfect record of not giving any failed prophecies that are clear? And, h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What prophets today has a perfect record of not giving any failed prophecies that are clear?

From what I have seen since Nov.2020 was, every so called Prophet of today proclaimed the Presidential race would be won by Donald Trump and that he would serve another 4 yr. term.

I know, I know Trump did win but he cannot prove a steal, so he will run again in 2024 and serve his second 4 yr. term.

The problem with that is, they said it would be consecutive.

Therefore no true Prophets of God Today, they were all to a man-woman wrong.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Probably not on you tube but out talking to people.

if there ever is a true prophet, they are not self proclaimed.

Proverbs 27:2 Romans 3:4

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rely on Scripture, not man, to reveal God's Word. I strongly recommend reading, studying, and KNOWING Scripture on a daily basis (2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Galatians 1:1-10, 1 John 4:1-6, Matthew 7:13-29, 2 Peter 2:1-22, 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22, 1 Timothy 6:3-10, 2 Timothy 3:1-17, 4:1-8).

NEVER OVER-RELY ON ANYONE TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE FOR YOU!!!

If you want prophecy, I strongly recommend reading and studying Ezekiel 38 & 39, Isaiah 17, Luke 21, Mark 13, Matthew 24, Psalm 83, 2 Timothy 3, Zechariah 12, Daniel chapters 9 through 12, the Book of Revelation, and possibly Romans 1:1-2:16. Possible references to the rapture include 1 Corinthians 15:35-58, Mark 13:24-27, Matthew 24:36-41, and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. References to the days of Noah and Lot include Ezekiel 16:49-50, Genesis 6:1-13, 18:16-19:29, and Luke 17:20-37.

Do NOT worry about any extra-Biblical details until they actually happen
. Easier said than done, I know, but it is for the best. Otherwise, it often leads to catastrophizing[1][2] and harms Christianity's credibility (1 Corinthians 14:33, John 16:1-15, Matthew 24:9-14, 1 Timothy 4:1-5).[3][4]
  1. Definition of CATASTROPHIZE
  2. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/catastrophizing
  3. cry wolf
  4. “The Boy Who Cried ‘Wolf’” | Aesop's Fables | Aesop | Lit2Go ETC
If unwilling, then here is a three-step process my mentor has taught me when it comes to testing these claims of prophecy:
  1. Does it line up with Scripture? (2 Timothy 3:15-17, and others!)
  2. Does it line up with God's principles? (1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Exodus 20:1-17, Galatians 5:13-26, John 3:16, and others!)
  3. Does it bring you peace? (Deuteronomy 31:6, Jeremiah 29:11, 2 Timothy 1:7, and others!)
Don’t Worry
25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the food you need to live. And don’t worry about the clothes you need for your body. Life is more important than food. And the body is more important than clothes. 26 Look at the birds in the air. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns. But your heavenly Father feeds the birds. And you know that you are worth much more than the birds. 27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the flowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. 29 But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. 30 God clothes the grass in the field like that. The grass is living today, but tomorrow it is thrown into the fire to be burned. So you can be even more sure that God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! 31 Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 32 All the people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things. And your Father in heaven knows that you need them. 33 The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you. 34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
~Matthew 6:25-34 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - International Children’s Bible

Don’t Worry
22 Jesus said to his followers, “So I tell you, don’t worry about the food you need to live. Don’t worry about the clothes you need for your body. 23 Life is more important than food. And the body is more important than clothes. 24 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t save food in houses or barns. But God takes care of them. And you are worth much more than birds. 25 None of you can add any time to your life by worrying about it. 26 If you cannot do even the little things, then why worry about the big things? 27 Look at the wild flowers. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. 28 God clothes the grass in the field like that. That grass is living today, but tomorrow it will be thrown into the fire. So you know how much more God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! 29 Don’t always think about what you will eat or what you will drink. Don’t worry about it. 30 All the people in the world are trying to get those things. Your Father knows that you need them. 31 The thing you should seek is God’s kingdom. Then all the other things you need will be given to you.

Don’t Trust in Money
32 “Don’t fear, little flock. Your Father wants to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell the things you have and give to the poor. Get for yourselves purses that don’t wear out. Get the treasure in heaven that never runs out. Thieves can’t steal it in heaven, and moths can’t destroy it. 34 Your heart will be where your treasure is.

Always Be Ready
35 “Be ready! Be dressed for service and have your lamps shining. 36 Be like servants who are waiting for their master to come home from a wedding party. The master comes and knocks. The servants immediately open the door for him. 37 Those servants will be blessed when their master comes home, because he sees that his servants are ready and waiting for him. I tell you the truth. The master will dress himself to serve and tell the servants to sit at the table. Then the master will serve them. 38 Those servants might have to wait until midnight or later for their master. But they will be happy when he comes in and finds them still waiting.

39 “Remember this: If the owner of the house knew what time a thief was coming, then the owner would not allow the thief to enter his house. 40 So you also must be ready! The Son of Man will come at a time when you don’t expect him!”
~Luke 12:22-40 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 12 - International Children’s Bible

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy is speaking forth God's word and when you quote the Bible you are speaking forth and those scriptures will not fail. I agree with you that many false prophets have come on the scene and people will give them heed over what the Bible says. This is not good. Some clarify their remarks are not thus sayeth the LORD to give them an out when it does fail while on the other side of their mouths they say the LORD showed them or told them this or that. Now we only have on mediator between man and God the Lord Jesus and we should be seeking wisdom, understanding and direction from Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are those who would disagree.

Go to youtube, and search "Ellen white false prophet", and see for yourself.

Read her writings for yourself and decide.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Probably not on you tube but out talking to people.

if there ever is a true prophet, they are not self proclaimed.

Proverbs 27:2 Romans 3:4

This is what Ellen White said

"Some have stumbled over the fact that I said I did not claim to be a prophet; and they have asked, Why is this?

"I have had no claims to make, only that I am instructed that I am the Lord's messenger; that He called me in my youth to be His messenger, to receive His word, and to give a clear and decided message in the name of the Lord Jesus.

"Early in my youth I was asked several times, Are you a prophet? I have ever responded, I am the Lord's messenger. I know that many have called me a prophet, but I have made no claim to this title.

Ellen G. White® Estate: "I do not claim to be a prophetess."

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then in spite of the videos, you think she is flawless with her prophecies?

video takes things out of context and/or applies their own interpretation of the scriptures to her words.

In answer to your question YES

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are those who would disagree.

Go to youtube, and search "Ellen white false prophet", and see for yourself.

Pick one of those that others claim are failed and I will respond.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What was her closed door teaching?

You have not responded to my reply so in the blind I will provide one article on your question.

OPEN AND SHUT DOOR. An expression derived from Rev. 3:7, 8, where Christ is described as the one "that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth" (an allusion to Isa. 22:22), and as the one who says to the Philadelphia church, "Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Seventh-day Adventists have applied these texts to the closing of the first phase and the opening of the second and final phase of Christ's ministry in heaven, where He has been the Christian's high priest since His sacrifice on the cross (see Sanctuary). Christ's dual ministry was prefigured by the service of the ancient high priest, who served "unto the example and shadow of heavenly things" (Heb. 8:5). In the earthly sanctuary he served daily in the holy place, the first apartment of the sanctuary, and once a year in the Most Holy Place, the inner shrine where was the golden ark in which were the tables of the Ten Commandments and over which appeared the visible glory of God. This entering into the Holy of Holies took place on the Day of Atonement in the ceremony of the cleansing of the sanctuary (Lev. 16).

In applying the type to Christ, Ellen White declared: "Then Jesus rose up and shut the door in the holy place, and opened the door in the Most Holy, and passed within the Second Veil, where He now stands by the ark; and where the faith of Israel now reaches. I saw that Jesus had shut the door in the holy place, and no man can open it; and that He had opened the door in the Most Holy and no man can shut it: (Rev. 3:7, 8); and that since Jesus has opened the door into the Most Holy Place, which contains the ark, the commandments have been shining out to God's people, and they are being tested on the Sabbath question" (Present Truth 1:21, August 1849; also Early Writings, p. 42).

Read More here

Ellen G. White® Estate: Open and Shut Door

• Informative
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.