What prophecy stirred up the people to believe Yeshua was the God/man?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Picture this.. man comes riding in on a donkey.. they had gather on the road to welcome the coming lambs soon to be chosen for the Passover temple services. .. They start off the celebrations with this parade, waving palm branches and singing psalms. Then they see Yeshua come riding on the young colt and immediately start singing ..
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Mark 11:7 And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. 8 And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

Back up for a moment and think about this. This title "Son of Man" that we find in our Gospels, which Yeshua uses concerning Himself, comes from Daniel 7.

Daniel Boyarin, a Jewish (non-believer) Scholar, in his book, "The Jewish Gospels," explains the extensive use of this title in the Gospels from Daniel 7. He states: The reasons that many of the Jews came to believe that Jesus was divine was because they were already expecting that the Messiah/Christ would be a god-man. This expectation was part and parcel of Jewish tradition. The Jews had learned this by careful reading of the Book of Daniel.

Daniel 7:14 asserts that the Son of Man has been given "authority, glory, kingship." This is an indication that it more than just a kingly authority over just the earth.

Last edited:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Micah 5:2

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Picture this.. man comes riding in on a donkey.. they had gather on the road to welcome the coming lambs soon to be chosen for the Passover temple services. ... They start off the celebrations with this parade, waving palm branches and singing psalms. Then they see Yeshua come riding on the young colt and immediately start singing ..
When Yeshua rode in on a colt the people were jubulant expressing adoration and joy (hôšîʿâ-nā ~ meaning to save and rescue). Not even His disciples saw Him as the physical manifestation of GOD incarnate as a GOD/man until after HIS resurrection when He appeared to them. Thomas was not presence at that time and so was still doubtful until ... John 20:28 ("My Lord and my God").

The orthodox Jewish mindset is still the same now as 2000 years ago that their Messiah will be conceived from the natural union between a man and a woman. Even HIS disciples and followers were confused, never expecting that their Master was GOD/Man that would be crucified as the Lamb of GOD.
What prophecy stirred up the people
to believe Yeshua was the God/man?
Those people that had arrived for the Feast of Passover/Unleavened Bread were welcoming Yeshua as their saviour to rescue them ("hosanna") from Roman persecution. Those that were praising Yeshua were hopefully envisioning Him as their King to replace Herod. What scripture in the Tanakh or Gospels suggests that the people singing and shouting "hosanna" were praising the man Yeshua as the physical manifestation of GOD Incarnate?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
When Yeshua rode in on a colt the people were jubulant expressing adoration and joy (hôšîʿâ-nā ~ meaning to save and rescue). Not even His disciples saw Him as the physical manifestation of GOD incarnate as a GOD/man until after HIS resurrection when He appeared to them. Thomas was not presence at that time and so was still doubtful until ... John 20:28 ("My Lord and my God").

The orthodox Jewish mindset is still the same now as 2000 years ago that their Messiah will be conceived from the natural union between a man and a woman. Even HIS disciples and followers were confused, never expecting that their Master was GOD/Man that would be crucified as the Lamb of GOD.
Those people that had arrived for the Feast of Passover/Unleavened Bread were welcoming Yeshua as their saviour to rescue them ("hosanna") from Roman persecution. Those that were praising Yeshua were hopefully envisioning Him as their King to replace Herod. What scripture in the Tanakh or Gospels suggests that the people singing and shouting "hosanna" were praising the man Yeshua as the physical manifestation of GOD Incarnate?
The things they said about Him. He is the Immanuel, meaning God with us (Matthew 1:23)
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said to Him (Yeshua), 'My Lord and my God.'" John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I am not saying that everyone standing on the side of that road that day understood it any different than the way you presented it. But the Holy Spirit moved upon the people to utter those prophetic words. And it wasn't like Yeshua did not tell them.. "Show us the Father," and Yeshua answered Him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known me? (John 14:8-9)"

It was definitely the theme after His resurrection. Romans 9:5 "...Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen." Philippians 2:6 "(Messiah Yeshua) who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God." I Timothy 3:16 "God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." Titus 2:13 "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and savior Jesus Christ." Hebrews 1:8 "But to the Son, He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever."

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The things they said about Him. He is the Immanuel, meaning God with us (Matthew 1:23)
As thoughtfully worthy is your above heart-felt expression there is no record in the Gospels that they (that crowd) called Him Immanuel. Oh, if only that were true, but then there is already more than enough scripture in the Tanakh to support the belief of many Messianic Jews that Yeshua was indeed the God/man while on earth. It depends on how an MJ defines God/man (e.g. God's man for the hour). Some MJs believe Yeshua is only the God/man when He returns to rule and reign from Jerusalem. Only until one is Born Again being baptized by His Spirit does one see Yeshua as God Incarnate, conceived by Ruach HaKodesh, born of a virgin.

There is NO scripture (Matthew, Mark, Luke) to support your belief that the "crowd" (read John 12:16-19) called Him "Immanuel". The crowds that were singing Hosanna saw Yeshua as their coming King and Messiah, but there is no reference to the crowd calling Him "Immanuel" as the physical manifestation of God Incarnate with them at that time. As you're aware here are some very knowledgeable Messianic Jews today that don't believe that Yeshua, the Son of David, was the physical manifestation of the Father (God/man); while on earth. It's more likely these "doubting Thomas' " are more likely to believe in Yeshua as God/man when He returns and rules from Jerusalem (Isaiah 9:6),

Matthew 21:9
And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the son of David. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”
Matthew 21:10-11
10 When Yeshua entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
11 The crowds answered, “This is Yeshua, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Mark 11:9
9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”​

John 12:16
At first Yeshua's disciples did not understand all this. Only after their Master was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about Him and that these things had been done to Him.​

Yeshua's disciples called Him Master, but they were in the dark when it came to their Master being the Lamb of God. It was not until after His resurrection and His Apostles being born again that they were confident beyond doubt that their Master was also their Lord and God (God/man). Even one of our very knowledgeable Messianic Jews posting in this MJ forum was adamant that John 20:28 should be translated as "My Lord and my god (with a small g).

It was not until the Yeshua was glorified as God/man that some Messianic Jews believe Yeshua is the physical manifestation of GOD Incarnate (i.e. God/man Immanuel). Other MJs only see Yeshua as God/man at His second coming as KING of kings and LORD of lords. The soonest all Israel will call Him "Immanuel" (yet to come) will be at His second coming. Possibly not until He is seated in Jerusalem as KING of kings and LORD of lords that the immense crowd will praise and worship Him as IMMANUEL.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, He comes with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also who pierced Him: and all tribes of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

There is no reference in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John that the crowd singing "Hosanna in the Highest" called Yeshua "Immanuel" as the time for the people to call their GOD/Man "Immanuel" has yet to occur ...

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Zechariah 8:23
Thus says the LORD of hosts, In those days ten men from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
As thoughtfully worthy is your above heart-felt expression there is no record in the Gospels that they (that crowd) called Him Immanuel. Oh, if only that were true, but then there is already more than enough scripture in the Tanakh to support the belief of many Messianic Jews that Yeshua was indeed the God/man while on earth. It depends on how an MJ defines God/man (e.g. God's man for the hour). Some MJs believe Yeshua is only the God/man when He returns to rule and reign from Jerusalem. Only until one is Born Again being baptized by His Spirit does one see Yeshua as God Incarnate, conceived by Ruach HaKodesh, born of a virgin.

There is NO scripture (Matthew, Mark, Luke) to support your belief that the "crowd" (read John 12:16-19) called Him "Immanuel". The crowds that were singing Hosanna saw Yeshua as their coming King and Messiah, but there is no reference to the crowd calling Him "Immanuel" as the physical manifestation of God Incarnate with them at that time. As you're aware here are some very knowledgeable Messianic Jews today that don't believe that Yeshua, the Son of David, was the physical manifestation of the Father (God/man); while on earth. It's more likely these "doubting Thomas' " are more likely to believe in Yeshua as God/man when He returns and rules from Jerusalem (Isaiah 9:6),

Matthew 21:9
And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the son of David. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”
Matthew 21:10-11
10 When Yeshua entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
11 The crowds answered, “This is Yeshua, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Mark 11:9
9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”​

John 12:16
At first Yeshua's disciples did not understand all this. Only after their Master was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about Him and that these things had been done to Him.​

Yeshua's disciples called Him Master, but they were in the dark when it came to their Master being the Lamb of God. It was not until after His resurrection and His Apostles being born again that they were confident beyond doubt that their Master was also their Lord and God (God/man). Even one of our very knowledgeable Messianic Jews posting in this MJ forum was adamant that John 20:28 should be translated as "My Lord and my god (with a small g).

It was not until the Yeshua was glorified as God/man that some Messianic Jews believe Yeshua is the physical manifestation of GOD Incarnate (i.e. God/man Immanuel). Other MJs only see Yeshua as God/man at His second coming as KING of kings and LORD of lords. The soonest all Israel will call Him "Immanuel" (yet to come) will be at His second coming. Possibly not until He is seated in Jerusalem as KING of kings and LORD of lords that the immense crowd will praise and worship Him as IMMANUEL.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, He comes with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also who pierced Him: and all tribes of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

There is no reference in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John that the crowd singing "Hosanna in the Highest" called Yeshua "Immanuel" as the time for the people to call their GOD/Man "Immanuel" has yet to occur ...

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Zechariah 8:23
Thus says the LORD of hosts, In those days ten men from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.​
Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, 29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, 31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; 32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. 33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. 34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; 35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Even the Holy Spirit doesn't reveal it all even to the just and devout in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Verse 30 reads "For mine eyes have seen thy salvation" meaning Yeshua (God's Salvation)
New Man Bible has 8 glossary pages on *God Incarnate. Yet there's *no mention in MJ SOP?

Sung almost mournful at the Tower of David by Joshua Aaron as if Immanuel has not yet come
What a Glorius Day when Israeli crowds, for the first time, will praise and call Him Immanuel

GOD Is With Us
il).gif

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

We know that there are many things related to Yeshua that the Jewish orthodox changed to avoid association with Yeshua and His relationship with God. It is kind of hard to prove your point.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Verse 30 reads "For mine eyes have seen thy salvation" meaning Yeshua (God's Salvation)
New Man Bible has 8 glossary pages on *God Incarnate. Yet there's *no mention in MJ SOP?

Sung almost mournful at the Tower of David by Joshua Aaron as if Immanuel has not yet come
What a Glorius Day when Israeli crowds, for the first time, will praise and call Him Immanuel

GOD Is With Us
il).gif
"Man Incarnate" not mentioned in SOP?? How could that have happened?

Upvote 0