✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible tells us "with God all things are possible" ... and

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, that will I do.

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me no question. Verily, verily, I say unto you, if ye shall ask anything of the Father, he will give it you in my name.

These verses should enliven faith with in us to ask God to solve seemingly impossible situations. However there are things we can not pray for there are "impossibilities" even for God.

As examples we can't pray that people will never sin again. I could not in faith pray "God make people never sin again". Are there any other prayers you think may be impossible?

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing impossible for God. The bible already states that there will be a time when sin will be removed.....So that prayer is already answered.
But not now. You can ask for God to allow you to commit adultery, but He will not answer that prayer now.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But not now. You can ask for God to allow you to commit adultery, but He will not answer that prayer now.
Yes he will, people commit it all the time. If I ever wanted to, the opportunity would present itself. We were all given free will.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The bible tells us "with God all things are possible" ... and

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, that will I do.

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me no question. Verily, verily, I say unto you, if ye shall ask anything of the Father, he will give it you in my name.

These verses should enliven faith with in us to ask God to solve seemingly impossible situations. However there are things we can not pray for there are "impossibilities" even for God.

As examples we can't pray that people will never sin again. I could not in faith pray "God make people never sin again". Are there any other prayers you think may be impossible?
We still pray for things even though we might think they are impossible. Only God knows all things. Even our Lord prayed for "this cup to pass from me" (Matthew 26:39), yet as a human, He trusted in God's will rather than His own human will. Thus, we often pray for things that seem impossible and trust in God's will.

• Agree
Reactions: john6574
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes he will, people commit it all the time. If I ever wanted to, the opportunity would present itself. We were all given free will.
No. He would not. We have free will, but He does not help us to sin. He does not interfere, but that is not the same thing as answering a prayer for sin. Satan will gladly jump in an answer a prayer for sin, but not God.

• Agree
Reactions: Romans 8
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I could not in faith pray "God make people never sin again".
We pretty much pray that every time we pray the Lord's prayer. The legitimizing aspect is, in my view, is when it is prayed sincerely, with a willingness to back it up with obedience as we are able.

• Winner
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. He would not. We have free will, but He does not help us to sin. He does not interfere, but that is not the same thing as answering a prayer for sin. Satan will gladly jump in an answer a prayer for sin, but not God.
So you believe that you can do something without God? And you also believe that the satan cab answer your prayers? That is fine, But this is not true for me. I can do nothing without God, in Him I live move and have my being.....without Him I'm dust.... with God, nothing is impossible.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible tells us "with God all things are possible" ... and Matthew 18:19, John 14:14, John 16:23. These verses should enliven faith with in us to ask God to solve seemingly impossible situations.
If we are not asking God to solve the possible and the impossible we don’t have any standing at all for answered prayer, so, of course, the first thing implied is that we are going to Him in the asking.
However there are things we can not pray for there are "impossibilities" even for God. As examples we can't pray that people will never sin again. I could not in faith pray "God make people never sin again". Are there any other prayers you think may be impossible?
We’re told that nothing is impossible with God. The impossibilities lay with humans without God. Asking that all people stop sinning would be asking that He recreate us all as robots. But He has changed Christians and His way of seeing them as sinless. He has recreated the many as new creations with the ability to come to Him and the ability to overcome sin in their lives when they do so.

I think the ‘impossibilities’ not to be prayed for would be contained within human motives. Selfless prayer has every opportunity to be answered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you believe that you can do something without God? And you also believe that the satan cab answer your prayers? That is fine, But this is not true for me. I can do nothing without God, in Him I live move and have my being.....without Him I'm dust.... with God, nothing is impossible.
I can do no good without God, but I most certainly can do evil without God. Just look at the world and you will see plenty of evil being done by godless men. And yes, Satan, answers prayers. Satanists call upon him and he answers to their detriment. Likewise Satan wants to tempt us to seek sin, and will most certainly answer a prayer seeking sin.

• Winner
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can do no good without God, but I most certainly can do evil without God. Just look at the world and you will see plenty of evil being done by godless men. And yes, Satan, answers prayers. Satanists call upon him and he answers to their detriment. Likewise Satan wants to tempt us to seek sin, and will most certainly answer a prayer seeking sin.
You give too much credit to yourself and Satan....and not enough to God.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

The Lord Our God is one lord............besides Him there is no other. And with Him, all things are possible.

I have nothing to say about your claims about Satanist.....this is out of my area of expertise..

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You give too much credit to yourself and Satan....and not enough to God.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

The Lord Our God is one lord............besides Him there is no other. And with Him, all things are possible.

I have nothing to say about your claims about Satanist.....this is out of my area of expertise..
I interpret that line as meaning that He takes responsibility for the existence of evil since He gave life free will.

Jas_1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:​

If He creates evil in the way I think you are saying, then He is also tempting man. James says He does not.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God never answers prayers to sin.
True ...

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

I wonder also if we have aa sinful reason for wanting the answer. i.e. praying for money so we could be rich as an example, rather than seeking to help others.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I interpret that line as meaning that He takes responsibility for the existence of evil since He gave life free will.

Jas_1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:​

If He creates evil in the way I think you are saying, then He is also tempting man. James says He does not.
It is normal to interpret all scripture in a way that supports our beliefs...What ever they are. If we ask God to interpret, we will be surprised at the answers.

And yes we are tempted of our own lust. You may not drink, so looking at a beer in your refrigerator would be like nothing...You won't care how it got there and won't mind it staying for years. But to an alcoholic turned Christian.....The devil would have put it there to tempt him......at least this is what they would believe.

God is the creator of all things....All for his glory....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True ...

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

I wonder also if we have aa sinful reason for wanting the answer. i.e. praying for money so we could be rich as an example, rather than seeking to help others.
If you ask God for money for whatever reason, He will give it.
But be warned, it profits none to gain the world and lose your soul.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing impossible for God. The bible already states that there will be a time when sin will be removed.....So that prayer is already answered.

Hi but it is still impossible to pray it today. In this age. I can't pray "God remove all sin today", it would mean Jesus would have to come back, and to do that other biblical prophecy must be fulfilled. It just can't happen.

There may be things that we can't pray for.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi but it is still impossible to pray it today. In this age. I can't pray "God remove all sin today", it would mean Jesus would have to come back, and to do that other biblical prophecy must be fulfilled. It just can't happen.

There may be things that we can't pray for.
Actually you can pray to remove sin today. But only in your own world......As there are others who still want to sin and wish for it.....It would not be right for your prays to negatively affect others. There are people who live without care....without evil in their world....they dont see hurt or pain and dont want for anything. Some have enough money to never have to work again and they travel the world, going anywhere and everywhere they want to go..... These are they, I suspect, that prayed to remove sin.....therefore, they no longer see it.

Jesus told us that He is with us always, so where is He coming from? Christ in you, the hope of Glory.

With man things are impossible...but with God.....nothing is impossible.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are there any other prayers you think may be impossible?
1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.

Upvote 0