What pictures or paintings ar on your living room walls?

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oil painting?
Framed print of "classic"?
Framed water colour that you or a local artist did?

Post a pic if you like.

I have Finestre Toscane (Tuscan windows), and a meadow flower scene
Please say what country you are from, I'm interested in national taste. Finestre toscane.jpg Meadow flowers.jpg

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
_68451916_salem.jpg
I have a fab piccie in my study called Salem - it's only a print but it shows an elderly welsh lady wearing a new shawl. Apparently the story goes that she was so proud to show off her new shawl that she didn't see the sin of pride. If you look carefully at the painting you can see a representation of Satan on the sleeve. Here's an example of it below - I love it as it's such a talking point.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a few decorative prints bought from Hobby Lobby, plus some pictures I took and had professionally blown up and framed.

This one was taken by me from my favorite fishing spot on Dworshak reservoir...

View media item 54077

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I like art a lot and have pictures that mean something to me on my walls. I have a repro pic by Jack Vettriano, The Singing Butler. I have some lovely Cherub prints from Spain that were wedding gifts. I have a hand painted scroll from Korea and two from Japan, as well as a personalised calligraphic pic from Hong Kong that was also a wedding gift. Another picture photographed by my daughter and Photoshopped by me with Basho's frog poem in kana.

I have a Japanese original oil painting. I dunno what it is, but it's pretty. I have a framed Chinese embroidery picture that was a gift from a relative. And another oil painting of an outdoor bistro scene, which I dunno who it's by unless I go check lol. I also have a tapestry of a French street scene in my kitchen.

Upstairs, I have a digital print of my own original artwork, called Ikebana, along with some cheap canvas prints of flowers and butterflies.

In the bathroom, I have original Russian plates with scenes from Russian fairy tales. In my bedroom, I have an original Belgian Medieval tapestry, a repro tapestry of the Lady and the Unicorn, and many unicorn plates. I'm a Medieval and unicorn fan. It could be worse; it could be a Hello Kitty theme!

In the garret, all the art is by myself and my daughter, except for one floral print from the 60s that I don't what it is, except that I like it, and one oil painting of the tree of life that had colours to match my decor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums