The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to be really active at Zombie Squad Forum, which used the metaphor of a Zombie attack to discuss disaster and emergency preparedness, but don't hang out there any more. The same with Star Trek forums. I still hit White Blaze (hiking) and a small camping forum once a week, which is enough to keep up with the threads. I've been lurking at MobleRead Forum, which is about ebooks and ebook readers. :)

Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love Usenet, but my ISP has dropped support for it. It is like a forum, but text based.

There are about 100,000 newsgroups on any topic you can imagine.

Files are shared as binary attachments, instead of HTML. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rory

The Dude abides...
Nov 16, 2005
So Cal
Visit site
✟14,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love Usenet, but my ISP has dropped support for it. It is like a forum, but text based.

There are about 100,000 newsgroups on any topic you can imagine.

Files are shared as binary attachments, instead of HTML. :)
I used to roam Usenet, till TW dropped them :(

IRC and Hotline used to be fun, but haven't touched either in a while. Pretty sure Hotline is probably dead by now but doubt IRC will die anytime soon lol

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
College/social one that I co-admin, personality theory forum. Thats basically it. Sometimes a dog forum once in a while, but I've basically ran out of the time and patience to deal with people and the same issues.

Should probably join a programming type forum since I'm trying to learn computer programming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
CF can't be the only one. Video games? A band you are obsessed with? PC repair? Cult movies? Automotives? Politics?

EDIT: lol I said "hang frequent" I meant hang out or frequent.

Nope, just CF. I used to go on the British Democracy forum and a podiatry one but haven't been on those ones for a few months.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This one and one that a few teens from here go too, though that isn't very active.

I used to post at various video game forums, but I've outgrown video games for the most part. I tried a cartoon thread, hoping to discuss things with other people who are making a cartoon series, but I never really saw eye to eye with any of them and was largely ignored. Eh.

I wish I could find a place where I could actually go in depth with subjects that I am actually passionate about. Because most of the time, I really have nothing to respond with the majority of the threads. Most of the time I really have nothing to say regarding threads posted. Especially with the advice threads, I just don't really get it I guess. And whatever I post won't mean anything to anyone else. And I know that's the case 99% of the time, but it still feels good to express myself every once in a while. Even though I feel like an idiot for posting it lol.

IDK, interested in checking out a few transhumanist forums. I actually fascinated with how a technological being would think and act. And I've read some transhumanist experiential with various memory enhancing drugs and what not, which is pretty much what I already do with my mind. Plus I think what I want and like to think about would be more socially accepted there, though I could be wrong but eh minds well try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Dog forums (obedience, agility, rescue, general chat)
Rat forums (general chat, club forums)
Horse forums (dressage, endurance, general chat)
Cat forums (showing, general chat, rescue)
Rabbit forums (rescue, showing ...)
Reptile forums (general chat)
Invertebrate forums (general chat, breeding discussion, to fuel my addiction)
Student rep forums (... because student representatives like to rant, rave and otherwise be dingbats on a private forum)
Fish forums (Monster fish, cichlids, oddballs ... I like the pretty aquascaping, amazing setups and the passion some of the regular posters have for fish welfare)
Battery hen forums.
Greyhound/Lurcher specific forums.
Gamekeeping forums.
Wildlife forums
Various general topic forums (post addiction)

I like to have lots of tabs open to enable quick and easy spamming of many forums. There are others that are always open that I post in only when a topic catches my eye and others which exist purely because the content contained in their little private forums happens to be quite interesting.

Although not sure I frequent them all, my posting varies depending on my relationship with other forums at the time. Also varies depending on how heavy the work load is. Lots and lots of computer time looking at papers and trying to synthesise information into a nice, seamless collection of examples, facts and references? Spamming all the forums. No work at all it reduces down to one or two favourites with others left open for gazing in awe at some of the beautiful photos and congratulating others on their achievements in the relevant areas.

I'm addicted to online communities.

Upvote 0