Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, if those same Jewish people (or any people, for that matter) who had heard of Jesus Christ had nevertheless been taught from childhood that Christianity was a false religion, or that Christ was not the Messiah, or that the whole works was erroneous and wrong....that, too, could be a mitigating circumstance in God's judgement, could it not?

God does not judge as man judges.

Upvote 0
Wols,

Indeed, it would seem to be a mitigating circumstance from our point of view. . . but is that God's POV?

This is leading along on a very interesting path that we might want to enter dicsussion on next, namely the Catholic doctrine of Predestiantion. As opposed to the Calvinistic and even Lutheran versions of the doctrine, there is a Catholic doctrine of Predestination.

I did a google search on it one time, and came back with some very interesting reading. Perhaps we'll have to check into that as we go along our discussions.

Fr. Rob

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jeff,

What the Pope was saying in regards to Islam sometime ago is that there are truths to it, ie one God. However, I don't think the Vatican is going to say we don't need to witness to Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, etc....

Upvote 0

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
This morning my devotional material covered Galatians 1:11-17

In this passage Paul talks about his life ... pre and post conversion ...

Now we all know what Paul thought of Jesus and His followers and how he persecuted them ... even though this is what Paul was taught about Jesus, I think that because he so strongly wanted to please God in all things that he could not help but find the Lord Jesus revealed to him.

verses 13-14

"You have heard about my past life in the Jewish religion. I attacked the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was becoming a leader in the Jewish religion, doing better than most other Jews of my age. I tried harder than anyone else to follow the teachings handed down by our ancestors."

I think that as a result of his desire to please God and seek to be a "man after God's own heart" that he "fell into" salvation ...

verses 15-16

"But God had special plans for me and set me apart for his work even before I was born. He called me through His grace and showed His Son to me so that I might tell the Good News about Him to those who are not Jewish. When God called me, I did not get advice or help from any person."

I think if we encourage the Jews to seek God as they know Him (through their heritage and faith) they will be drawn to Jesus in ways that we never thought possible.

Upvote 0
And I concur with it. Now I know I am not in SS territory, but Jesus says at the end of Matthew, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." :)

I do not advocate such preaching of gimps like Fred Phelps or Jack Chick, but we are called to share our faith with all the world. Even if some do not come to Christ, we are called to do it. ;)

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟14,377.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by PrinceJeff
I do not advocate such preaching of gimps like Fred Phelps

What? Was it something I said? ;) :p

08.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟14,377.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

I'll take that bet one step further: I betcha he ain't wearin no shoes, pilgrim. ;)

You just might be right! Do you think he has a set of white boots with the fringe on the back? :eek: :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.