What of these passages, do they make you think?

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you are right. I myself am not sold on a position. So when I read something in Bible passages bringing it up, why should I not bring it here? If you are sure of your position, why don't you explain it? What do you think of this?

Isaiah 56:
1-2
Thus says Yahweh:“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
6-8
“Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him,
And to love the name of Yahweh, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
The Lord Yahweh, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
“Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him.”

There was application for foreigners in the times of the old covenant, that is fair to say. But the context of these passages is prophetic, when salvation is to come and righteousness will be revealed, even when they will come to God's holy mountain, where the vision of the everlasting times in the end applies, with no more suffering and no more death. For this gentiles, those not born of the people of Israel, are with their faith in Yahweh God through Christ grafted in with Israel, those of which who remain in the end will all be saved, in the latter times, when there is God's house of prayer for all nations.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you are right. I myself am not sold on a position. So when I read something in Bible passages bringing it up, why should I not bring it here? If you are sure of your position, why don't you explain it? What do you think of this?

Isaiah 56:
1-2

6-8

Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to Worship" in the New heavens and New Earth.

Sabbath for mankind in the OT - Including Gentiles Is 56:3-7

Mark 2:27 "The Sabbath was made for MANKIND".

Gen 2:1-3 Sabbath in Eden.

Ex 20:11 Sabbath in Eden at the making of both mankind and the Sabbath.

Baptist Confession of Faith: Sabbath in Eden (
[FONT=&quot]post [/FONT][FONT=&quot] #[FONT=&quot]219 )[/FONT][/FONT]

Acts 13 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching

Acts 17 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching

Acts 18 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching.

And see all the pro-Sunday sources below this line admitting that all TEN of the TEN Commandments are the moral law of God still binding on the saints to this very day.

(More along these lines from Alex at this link #1 )

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Isaiah 56:
1-2
6-8

There was application for foreigners in the times of the old covenant, that is fair to say. But the context of these passages is prophetic, when salvation is to come and righteousness will be revealed, even when they will come to God's holy mountain, where the vision of the everlasting times in the end applies, with no more suffering and no more death. For this gentiles, those not born of the people of Israel, are with their faith in Yahweh God through Christ grafted in with Israel, those of which who remain in the end will all be saved, in the latter times, when there is God's house of prayer for all nations.

There are many facts to consider about this prophesy in Isa 56.
Sabbaths, burnt offering and sacrifices from foreigners and strangers were accepted under the Mosaic covenant, they're not required under the new covenant.

All this proves is this; There was no creation Sabbath given for all. God gave is covenant to one people, and all those who come close to them can join in. Why call the foreigner and strangers if they were God's people all along?

The fact is, they were always Gentiles and strangers under the old covenant.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbaths, burnt offering and sacrifices from foreigners and strangers were accepted under the Mosaic covenant, they're not required under the new covenant.

All this proves is this; There was no creation Sabbath given for all. .

That is a self-conflicted claim - if the Gentiles are welcomed in the Ot - then the OT context for Sabbath included both Jews and Gentiles - all ... in both NT and OT.

Which means theses Bible texts prove that the Sabbath applied to all mankind just s the BCF and WCF and D.L. Moody and the list of pro-sunday sources claim.

Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to Worship" in the New heavens and New Earth.

Acts 13 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching

Acts 17 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching

Acts 18 - Sabbath after Sabbath Gospel preaching.

And see all the pro-Sunday sources below this line admitting that all TEN of the TEN Commandments are the moral law of God still binding on the saints to this very day.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a self-conflicted claim - if the Gentiles are welcomed in the Ot - then the OT context for Sabbath included both Jews and Gentiles - all ... in both NT and OT.

Which means theses Bible texts prove that the Sabbath applied to all mankind just s the BCF and WCF and D.L. Moody and the list of pro-sunday sources claim.

One major fact about God's covenants is; whom it was made with. God's word show when all men are included in a covenant. Truth is the word of God....

Gen 9:12

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Gen 9:15

And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
(Here God included all men and animals.)

Gen 17:10

This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. (God's word is clear about who is required to keep His covenants.)

Exo 31:13

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. (God does not make mistakes with words about the Sabbath. Only a false report would claim that He gave Sabbath for all men at creation. The bible says no such thing.) Neh 9:14

And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Eze 20:12

Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Eze 20:20

And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.
How can you deny to whom God gave the Sabbath to?

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

All this proves is this; There was no creation Sabbath given for all. God gave is covenant to one people, and all those who come close to them can join in. Why call the foreigner and strangers if they were God's people all along?

There is a couple of undisputed facts about Gentiles vis-a-vis the Jewish society they were sometimes surrounded by that are ignored by religious hucksters peddling their revived Ebionite heresy nonsense.

First and foremost, Gentiles were ALWAYS prohibited from commemorating ANY of the Mosaic covenant. Gentiles who commemorated the Sabbath, for example, were and are subject to the Death Penalty and Judaism's strictest non-lethal punishments. Judaism is extremely protective and exclusive with "their" covenant, seeings how the preambles to the Mosaic Law were crystal clear that the Mosaic ordinances were a memorial for the Israelite slaves who were delivered from Egyptian captivity. Have you seen any proponents of the Sabbath inappropriate content Product who can claim they were delivered out of Egyptian Slavery lately? The understanding of the Apostles that Gentiles were/are absolutely excluded from Mosaic Law is reflected in the Decree that emanated from the council of Jerusalem in AD 50.

Modern heretical Ebionite cultists simply display a laughable and comic bumbling as they try to formulate their Sabbath inappropriate content Product completely divorced from any cultural and historical antecedents. It is a grotesque, course and oafish parody of the Jewish Sabbath.

Second, Mosaic Law DID offered a very real alternative for Gentiles seeking the "afterlife:" They did not need to undergo full-scale conversion to Judaism with circumcision, Sabbath Keeping and so on. The seven so-called "Noahide" Commandments ("Mitzvot") if followed by Gentiles offered the same Afterlife as any Jew could expect with perfect adherence to the Mosaic Law. Again, at the Council of Jerusalem, this concept was reaffirmed when the Apostles ruled that Gentile Christian converts were only subject to 4 of the Noahide Mizvot. And even then, THAT was ignored probably 90 percent of the time. Gentiles were only subject to a tiny handful of rules just to make them less repulsive to their squeamish fellow Jewish converts.

The Mosaic Law itself had crystal clear lines of separation between Jews and Gentiles. They were never crossed, until the modern revival of the Ebionite heresy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One major fact about God's covenants is; whom it was made with.

Which is why the "All mankind" and "Sabbath in Eden" post above is ohhhh so important. See post #2 above.

The BCF points to the scriptures that declare the Sabbath Commandment starting with Adam in the Garden of Eden - Gen 2:3 post #219

Sabbath in Eden Gen 2:3 found in the Bible itself for "All mankind' even in the OT: (As we see in post #2)

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Which is why the "All mankind" and "Sabbath in Eden" post above is ohhhh so important. See post #2 above.

in Christ,

Bob
In case you have not noticed, threads are created for topical discussion. Trying to ram your same agenda in every thread is a brainwashing attempt.

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In case you have not noticed, threads are created for topical discussion. Trying to ram your same agenda in every thread is a brainwashing attempt.

Just ignore it. Its just a computer operating autonomously to generate Sabbath Spam.

With Judaism's willingness to deploy the Death Penalty against Gentiles who attempted to commemorate the Mosaic Covenant, it is very clear why the Apostles immediately cleared the way for Gentile Converts to ignore the Old Covenant. Without that wise foresight, Christianity would have simply died off as an obscure Jewish sect.

For 3,000 years, their is a unanimous and forceful opinion of every Jewish authority that has spoken on the issue: The Mosaic covenant is an exclusively Israelite covenant. And Christianity at its birth quickly agreed.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One major fact about God's covenants is; whom it was made with.

BobRyan said:

The BCF points to the scriptures that declare the Sabbath Commandment starting with Adam in the Garden of Eden - Gen 2:3 post #219

Sabbath in Eden Gen 2:3 found in the Bible itself for "All mankind' even in the OT: (As we see in post #2)

In case you have not noticed, threads are created for topical discussion..

That post was in response to the point you made about who God was speaking to in Gen 2:3 when he first gave the Sabbath Command.

And as we all know this point of "origin" and who God is dealing with is so obvious - even the pro-sunday sources listed below can admit it clearly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is a couple of undisputed facts about Gentiles vis-a-vis the Jewish society they were sometimes surrounded by that are ignored by religious hucksters peddling their revived Ebionite heresy nonsense.
First and foremost, Gentiles were ALWAYS prohibited from commemorating ANY of the Mosaic covenant.

Just ignore it. Its just a computer operating autonomously to generate Sabbath Spam.

Thanks BobRyan for answering. You show that you just agree with what the passage I mentioned, from Isaiah 56, gets across. So it does not have further explanation to give.

Cribstyl, your response, from the other view, does not deal with what I brought up about that passage. The response does not show with passages that there cannot be Sabbath observance anymore, and leaves the passage as I mention showing what there is in the end times, for foreigners as well, with it shown they are grafted in, joining to Yahweh to serve him and love his name.

Larry, I am certainly not a computer operating autonomously to generate Sabbath Spam. I have made many posts, and they can be checked. I have frequently responded to others, and mostly it does not deal with anything of the Sabbath, and I rarely have mentioned the Sabbath. But I have brought up a question about this passage for it, and I have not seen it effectively explained away. I see you say how this Sabbath can't be observed by gentiles. Where is anything showing those things you say? But this passage I mention is not dealt with, showing in it that it will still be maintained in the end times, and other passages to make the contrary point that you say are not being shown, just those saying how the observation was required of the people of Israel, the people of Yahweh God. And it is not giving recognition that gentile people were permitted to come into their covenant, it was done too, as by Egyptians that joined the people of Israel led by God in the Exodus, and by Rahab and by Ruth. So they too became people of God. Converts to Judaism were allowed, the Jews were not to discourage it, and did not say some of the observations were not for them. In fact, Jews were offended by the Christian faith going out of Judaism to include Gentiles without having them become Jewish. Those who would become Jewish would be having to observe everything they did, Sabbaths and all. The response to those in Christ that were influenced by that thinking, with the leading of the Spirit of God, was that there is no obligation in Christ for gentiles to become Jewish, but nothing was said for Jews to no longer observe as Jews. And besides doing things they were told from Christ and from his apostles, the gentiles along with the Jewish believers in Christ were to avoid anything involving idolatry, avoid meat with any blood or from animals that were strangled, as well as avoiding sexual immorality.

So whether you think I am real or not, the passage I mention still isn't dealt with to show it does not mean that the Sabbath will be observed, by people of Israel and foreigners who join with them, in the end. And I do know of scripture speaking prophetically of a time when those remaining of the people of Israel will all be saved, the time of the vision of God's holy mountain is in the time of Christ's return, and salvation is through him, and through Israel others will be brought to Christ.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Converts to Judaism were allowed, the Jews were not to discourage it, and did not say some of the observations were not for them. In fact, Jews were offended by the Christian faith going out of Judaism to include Gentiles without having them become Jewish. Those who would become Jewish would be having to observe everything they did, Sabbaths and all. The response to those in Christ that were influenced by that thinking, with the leading of the Spirit of God, was that there is no obligation in Christ for gentiles to become Jewish, but nothing was said for Jews to no longer observe as Jews. And besides doing things they were told from Christ and from his apostles, the gentiles along with the Jewish believers in Christ were to avoid anything involving idolatry, avoid meat with any blood or from animals that were strangled, as well as avoiding sexual immorality.

I think some think of Christianity as Judaism + Christ, when most think of it as a new movement the old one pointed towards.

People who are raised Jewish and become Christians might still want to hold on to some of the traditions of their upbringing. I see no Biblical problem with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Isaiah 56:
1-2
6-8

Yes, Gentiles could be brought into the covenant with the nation of Israel in the old days. It's speaking of Israel's covenant including sabbaths and sacrifices and alters and all that stuff. Where do you get the idea of this passage being about latter times and Christians?

It's interesting how seventh day proponents love to quote one or two hazy passages from apocalyptic and prophetic books of the Bible instead of the clear teachings of the Epistles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks BobRyan for answering. You show that you just agree with what the passage I mentioned, from Isaiah 56, gets across. So it does not have further explanation to give.

You are welcome!

And also the fact that the Sabbath was binding on all of mankind - all the saints as well in OT (and in NT) is agreed to by a wide range of sources - even the following pro-Sunday sources admit this - as you see in my signature line.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Gentiles could be brought into the covenant with the nation of Israel in the old days. Where do you get the idea of this passage being about latter times and being grafted in with Christ?

The Isaiah 56 chapter has both a present tense promise and a future predictive statement.

The Isaiah 66:23 text is most certainly future to the cross and even future to the 2nd coming - So the future application is absolutely in Isaiah's text.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Isaiah 56 chapter has both a present tense promise and a future predictive statement.

The Isaiah 66:23 text is most certainly future to the cross and even future to the 2nd coming - So the future application is absolutely in Isaiah's text.

Does Mark 2:27 say "mankind"?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does Mark 2:27 say "mankind"?

Indeed it does.

Many examples of it in both NT and OT.

=========================

“ For it is appointed unto MAN once to die and then comes the judgment” Heb 9:27

“Man shall not live by bread alone” Matt 4:4

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Genesis 6:6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man (Mankind) on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man (to mankind); and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

In NO case (even in HEBREWS) can this term be “downsized” to mean “It is appointed unto Jews Only – once to die and then comes the Judgment”

Then we see “mankind” used as all inclusive to mean “any member of mankind” indicating “no exceptions”

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for
whatever a man (any one of mankind) sows, this he will also reap.

1 Timothy 6:16
who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom
no man (no member of mankind) has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Rev 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man (anyone of mankind) hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

20 Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the Lord out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem,” says the Lord, “as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord. 21 And I will also take some of them for priests and Levites,” says the Lord.

“For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord,
“So shall your descendants and your name remain.

And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

“And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

Quote the whole thing! This is talking about all sorts of Jewish things like priests and Levites and offerings on the holy mountain Jerusalem and what not. People looking at worms that won't die, etc. Will all flesh be in heaven? Don't you think this is just a tad symbolic?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed it does.

Many examples of it in both NT and OT.

=========================

“ For it is appointed unto MAN once to die and then comes the judgment” Heb 9:27

“Man shall not live by bread alone” Matt 4:4

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Genesis 6:6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man (Mankind) on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man (to mankind); and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

In NO case (even in HEBREWS) can this term be “downsized” to mean “It is appointed unto Jews Only – once to die and then comes the Judgment”

Then we see “mankind” used as all inclusive to mean “any member of mankind” indicating “no exceptions”

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for
whatever a man (any one of mankind) sows, this he will also reap.

1 Timothy 6:16
who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom
no man (no member of mankind) has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Rev 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man (anyone of mankind) hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

No it doesn't. 27 And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Cribstyl, your response, from the other view, does not deal with what I brought up about that passage. The response does not show with passages that there cannot be Sabbath observance anymore, and leaves the passage as I mention showing what there is in the end times, for foreigners as well, with it shown they are grafted in, joining to Yahweh to serve him and love his name.
We get it, you guys are experts on prophesies. (because you have an extra prophet;))
If you or BobRyan had explained from Isa 56, about when God accepted burnt offering and sacrifices, you might understand what covenant age this prophesy is talking about.
All you see is the word Sabbath and you can add commentary as if covenants don't specify what God requires for righteousness.

The mention of God accepting burnt offerings and that His righteousness as 'soon to be revealed", puts that prophesy before God revealed righteousness by faith through Paul.

The fact being reveal to you today by clear scriptures is this truth; God's revealed righteousness is the gospel of Jesus Christ. God requires that men are to have faith. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
By failing to understand that the cross bridges the gap between the covenants
You have no choice but to serve under requirements of the law. The shameful fact is; You cant find Sabbath or the law as requirements under the New Covenant.
God said that no one would teach their neighbor what to believe, and only He would write directions and laws on every heart.

Eph 3:5

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorC
Upvote 0