Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried any new recipes lately? I'm trying to duplicate some Chinese and Japanese take-out dishes at home. This weekend my husband and I made egg drop soup that turned out delicious! We followed this recipe almost exactly but substituted scallions for chives: Restaurant Style Egg Drop Soup Recipe If you like egg drop soup, I recommend trying this. In the next few weeks I plan to make some fried rice and chicken teriyaki with sauce from scratch.

DavidaAC

Apr 26, 2017
US
✟9,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried any new recipes lately? I'm trying to duplicate some Chinese and Japanese take-out dishes at home. This weekend my husband and I made egg drop soup that turned out delicious! We followed this recipe almost exactly but substituted scallions for chives: Restaurant Style Egg Drop Soup Recipe If you like egg drop soup, I recommend trying this. In the next few weeks I plan to make some fried rice and chicken teriyaki with sauce from scratch.
I've never eaten egg drop soup, but now I want to try that recipe.

I made sweet pickled eggs and surprisingly they were really good. Here is a link to the recipe I used: Sweet Pickled Eggs Recipe
I also just made a vanilla cake with cherry frosting yesterday. I used recipes for it but ended up changing a lot of things to make the both the frosting and the cake more fluffy. I used these two recipes as guidelines: Basic Vanilla Cake Recipe and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
I made brownies too, and might make cake pops soon. And something with fresh ginger in it, because we have a lot of ginger.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently made a delicious pasta dish. It's sauteed spinach and mushrooms over a bed of spaghetti in an olive oil and garlic sauce, with grated parmesan sprinkled on top. A light and tasty dish if you're looking for a meal without meat, although it would be easy to add some grilled chicken strips if you want.

Reactions: DavidaAC
Upvote 0

johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A new food to report on: Morningstar spicy black been burgers ( frozen from the grocery store).
Not spicy in my opinion so they went well with BBQ sauce.
Just had it with whole wheat bread.
I baked them although the preferred cooking method is pan frying.
10 grams of protein per patty so 2 patties was a nice amount for me.
Definitely would buy them again but I know it would be much cheaper to make some type of bean burger patty.

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably toward the end of the summer I am going to try to create a new recipe combining 2 of my favorite soups: Mulligatawny and Matzoh Ball.

I will get back to you on how it turns out.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I just made this Gazpacho:

Gazpacho

It really turned out well, delicious. My roommate has a prejudice against foods that she has not tasted and so it is all for me. I really don't mind.

The tomatoes were okay, but not great. Later in the summer a local fruit stand has local tomatoes that ripen in the sun. I am betting that it will be knock you off your feet delicious then.

Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Delicious sounding dishes, today at work I made different rendition of chicken parmesan. Marinated chicken with roasted garlic, dried herbs (parsley, basil, oregano) salt and pepper, and parmesan blend all those together with olive oil it will turn to a paste. Dress chicken breast half in the mix fully covered almost caked on the chicken. I used egg wash and I use panko to bread the chicken (no flour). Fried.
Penne pasta, hearty tomato sauce. Good mozzarella. And fried basil leaf for garnish.

It was very tasty.

Upvote 0

fantascey

Oct 21, 2004
Many
✟11,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Our neighbors have been giving us bags and bags of the zuchini, so i have been using it with all kinds of stuff. i really couldnt get enough of the zuchini shrimp pasta.
i sliced the z's up real thin and as much like pasta as i could (if you have a spiralizer good for you! use that!) and put them in a pan, garlic, onions, (i added a bit of butter but it makes a ton of extra sauce if you do because of the next ingredients.)
i put in some shrimp ( i used frozen deveined tail off) and that makes a really good butter garlic sauce with the z's and shrimp. and then i added parmesan to the top of it.
i loved it, really a simple meal too. had it with what we call 'bosco sticks' basically giant bread sticks stuffed with mozzarella cheese.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Stupid Arby's Commercial:mad:

The Arby's Commercial for their new Porchetta Sandwich hooked me. I tried one and it was not bad, but my intent was too see if I really wanted to cook it. I looked at a bunch of recipes and finally found this one:

Roasted Porchetta

I followed it fairly closely except I did not have the butcher bone the roast. I did that myself. That added about 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time since I do not have butcher shop quality knives. I then took the bone and made a broth out of it and added that to the pan drippings (after I removed the excess fat) to make au jus.

It was a bit of work but worth it. I used it as sandwich meat on French Baguettes, with wilted spinach, tomatoes and hot peppers. Fantastic.

And of course the homemade au jus.

I am still working on the left overs. The pork was a very good meat for street tacos too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marseph98

Aug 18, 2017
Los Angeles
✟8,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After my mother past part of my grieving process was cooking...not any of her dishes (I can NEVER duplicate that perfection) so I just started watching food network, took some culinary classes and started up.

One of my favorite things to make is one pot meals...so homey, so warm and so nice...Coq Au Vin is my favorite (translated to Chicken in Wine) takes about 2 hours but it is DELICIOUS.

I also recently delved into dessert, I made (from scratch) a chocolate cheese-cake and used my co-workers as guinea pigs (they didn't mind)...it was a hit, so much so that I'm making it for Thanksgiving this year :)

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
After my mother past part of my grieving process was cooking...not any of her dishes (I can NEVER duplicate that perfection) so I just started watching food network, took some culinary classes and started up.

One of my favorite things to make is one pot meals...so homey, so warm and so nice...Coq Au Vin is my favorite (translated to Chicken in Wine) takes about 2 hours but it is DELICIOUS.

I also recently delved into dessert, I made (from scratch) a chocolate cheese-cake and used my co-workers as guinea pigs (they didn't mind)...it was a hit, so much so that I'm making it for Thanksgiving this year :)

I can relate. My mother passed earlier this year. For the last year plus a bit of her life I took care of her and did most of the cooking, but I still had her make some of her oldies but goodies for me.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yup ... will share my recipe that I did today !!
Apple Crisp with chopped walnuts ... mmmm my house smells so good !!
It does sound great. I'm at that midafternoon hypoglycemic spot so anything sounds great, but especially that.
We are getting close to using up the case of apples we bought at the orchard this fall.
I've made mostly crisps also.

Upvote 0

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟69,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It does sound great. I'm at that mid afternoon hypoglycemic spot so anything sounds great, but especially that. We are getting close to using up the case of apples we bought at the orchard this fall. I've made mostly crisps also.

Next week ... I will share the recipe :):):)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums