• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured What must I do to be saved?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by HTacianas, Jan 15, 2020.

1. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    If you know that question you'll know the answers to it.

Give us an example from the new testament explaining what i must do to be saved.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Richard Mulcahy

Richard Mulcahy Member

+85
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    UK-Conservative
    Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. swordsman1

swordsman1 Well-Known Member

+740
    Christian
    Acts 16:30-31
    "and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
    They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Can you give me an example of that from the new testament.

5. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Act 16:33 - And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.

6. swordsman1

+740
    Christian
    The answer to the question "What must I do to be saved?”
    is “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Why did he need to be baptized?

8. swordsman1

+740
    Christian
    As an outward sign of an inward change, and because Jesus commanded it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+445
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Eph 2:8,9

10. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,389
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24
    I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13
    and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:26

11. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,094
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    When people read the story about Paul, Silas, and the jailer they never take into consideration that Paul most likely reiterated on the requirements for salvation. The full details of that story were not recorded. Believing is the first step. Believing is great but what good is it if that person doesn’t abide in Christ and Christ does not abide in him? What good is it to that person if he doesn’t have love for others? These are also requirements for salvation. Did Paul and Silas say nothing else to the jailer and his family after telling the jailer to believe? Did they not share the gospel with them, or did they just say believe, then immediately dragged them to the river and dunk them in and went on their merry way?

12. swordsman1

+740
    Christian
    Love for others etc is evidence of salvation, not a requirement of salvation.

Eph 2:8
    For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,607
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Accept that you have been saved.
    Blessings

14. Cross Over the Lake

Cross Over the Lake Member

+114
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced
    US-Republican
    Romans is New Testament...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+8,660
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yay, Soteriology thread!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  16. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+1,070
    Christian
    Married
    42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

The shortest conversion prayer ever?

17. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+565
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    What kind of saving are you speaking of.

18. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,650
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Let me first ask a question.

Do you consider yourself to be Saved, being of the Eastern Orthodox faith?

19. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    We do not say that we are "saved". We say that we are "being saved".

20. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,094
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That doesn’t make any sense at all. If the evidence isn’t present then the person won’t receive salvation, hence it IS required to receive salvation.

“If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.”
    ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:2‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you.”
    ‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-14‬ ‭NASB‬‬